Chapter 18

What a Beautiful Mess This Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


This chapter is PG-15 for ual terms and situations. Please be warned. I don't want to be responsible for corrupting some innocent minds. XD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

It's a balmy Monday evening and Kyungsoo pads to one closed window, breathing in the refreshing breeze as soon as he flings it open. He ignores Baekhyun's noises as he sets the table and takes a moment to collect his thoughts.  He knows Baekhyun is extra rowdy for a reason so he prepares himself for the barrage of questions and definite torment to come as he walks back. He goes directly to the kitchen to scoop the freshly fried shrimp onto a plate and meets Baekhyun's grumbling as he heads to the table and sets it down.

 

"I still cannot believe Joonmyeon and Yixing knew first. And the fact that I heard it from Yixing still pisses me the hell off. I'm your best friend, I should be first in every damn thing!"

 

Kyungsoo exhales, trying his best to contain the bubble of irritation building inside him. "How many times do I have to tell you? They happened to be there, I didn't plan for any of it." Their years of friendship tells Kyungsoo that Baekhyun's intense scowl isn't out of bitterness but is in fact out of simple hurt disguised as animosity. "I called you right after Jongin and I were official, right? It's just that Yixing got to you first." The scowl simmers down to a pout and Kyungsoo goes to sit down next to Baekhun and hugs him so tight that Baekhyum squirms. "C'mon, I'm sorry. And do you know how much the shrimp cost me? So you better cut me some slack and say I'm forgiven." 

 

"Bribing me with food, huh?" Baekhyun's pout disappears when he feels Kyungsoo's brisk nods against his shoulder. "You know me so well," he sighs, curling into Kyungsoo's arms. "I'm sorry for being a . Yixing kept rubbing it in my face at the office. Totally pissed the hell out of me."

 

"You're always a ." Kyungsoo looks up and sees Baekhyun's eyes alight in warning. "But I love you?" he pacifies and Baekhyun's eyes soften, Kyungsoo's puppy dog eyes a very effective tactic. Baekhyun pecks his nose then and Kyungsoo pulls away, wiping at his nose. 

 

"So," Baekhyun says as he starts to scoop the delicious-looking shrimp onto Kyungsoo's plate. "How's Jongin? Is he treating you okay?" Kyungsoo snickers because Baekhyun is sounding like an overprotective dad. Considering that they've only been official for just a little over twenty-four hours  makes Kyungsoo laugh a little harder. Maybe too hard because the glare that Baekhyun sends him has the laughter dying in his throat.

 

"Yes," Kyungsoo answers after clearing his throat. He takes the opposite chair and stares as Baekhyun takes some of the food for himself. "He's amazing," he replies and he can't help the dreamy lilt in his voice.

 

"Judging from that huge hickey on your neck, I bet he is." It's Baekhyun's turn to laugh when Kyungsoo's face turns bright pink, hurriedly pulling up his collar to cover whatever mark Baekhyun had seen.  "Is that before or after you became official?" he teases.  Kyungsoo's pink face turns a deep shade of red and a very impish grin spreads across Baekhyun's face.

 

Kyungsoo knows, through countless years spent with him, that hiding anything from Baekhyun is like hiding a piece of meat from an overeager Bloodhound, . He pokes around in his plate a bit before answering a faint "after."

 

"Go on," Baekhyun prods and Kyungsoo shoves his face full of shrimp. Baekyun's smile grows wider because Kyungsoo has never been one to readily divulge intimate relationship details and the way he's fidgeting in his seat tells Baekhyun it's something very juicy. 

 

"Whri ngry humft ongth cowch," Kyungsoo answers, bits of shrimp flying out of his mouth in the process of talking around them. Baekhyun scowls, leaning away to avoid the shrimp missiles from hitting his face.

 

"Gross 'soo." Baekhyun shoves a glass of water to him and Kyungsoo downs his food. He takes unhurried sips, obviously taking his time, but Baekhyun is determined to wait. Kyungsoo sighs as he sets down the half-empty glass and looks quietlyly at Baekhyun. "You were saying?" Baekhyun says and Kyungsoo very much wants to wipe that cocky grin off his face. He decides it's counterproductive because physical pain is not a deterrent to Baekhyun's meddling and settles instead in hiding his face behind his hands because for sure his cheeks will burn a bright red for what he's about to say.

 

"We... we uhm... we humped on the couch last night," Kyungsoo groans into his hands and yep, his face is growing hot under his palms. He hears Baekhyun snigger and cracks his fingers enough so he can shoot him a glare.

 

"And???" Baekhyun asks, wiggling his brows as he eagerly waits for the spicy details. Kyungsoo finally lowers his hands and his face is completely blank, except for the brush of red still on his cheeks.

 

"Uh... and he borrowed my underwear and went home." Kyungsoo doesn't get why Baekhyun suddenly looks very disappointed. 

 

"That's it?! THAT'S IT??!! You didn't stick it in? He didn't poke you with his high pressure vein cane??" Baekhyun yells, almost hysterical.

 

"I will poke this fork in your neck if you don't shut the hell up!" Kyungsoo hisses, raising his fork and making jabbing motions at him. Baekhyun is unperturbed, though he slackens against his chair with a face full of disapproval.

 

"Oh my dear sweet Kyungsoo," he mutters, going back to eating his food. "Well, frottage is an equally good source of ual gratification."

 

Kyungsoo lowers his fork and digs it into a piece of shrimp but doesn't eat it. His fingers tighten around it when Jongin's flushed face from last night rush back to him. "I-I don't know what came over me, Baek. We were kissing and Jongin started moving away and I grabbed him and... yeah."

 

"ual frustration is normal when your boyfriend is that hot and you've haven't had any for three years, 'soo. An eternity in my book. Props to you for not going insane. And props to me for putting up with your mood swings because of it." Baekhyun doesn't catch Kyungsoo's death glare, too preoccupied with scooping more rice onto his plate, but he feels it boring down the side of his face. "Speaking of cane-poking, I went out with Chanyeol last week."

 

Kyungsoo's glare fizzles down to a look of genuine curiosity. "Oh? You're only telling me this now?" he asks and Baekhyun nods his head.

 

"Yeah you were too busy lusting after Jongin so I didn't tell you then."

 

Kyungsoo makes a noise of protest but doesn't actaully argue with him. "Do I dare ask how the date went?"

 

"He ed me so hard I fell off the bed is how it went," he answers very casually and laughs at the look of disgust on Kyungsoo's face.

 

" Baek, not when I'm eating, please," he grumbles, appetite draining as he tries to not picture Chanyeol with his best friend and fails miserably. "That's another notch on your bedpost huh? Poor Chanyeol," he says,  pushing his food around in his plate. He pauses when Baekhyun doesn't say anything and he looks up to find him quietly chewing his food. "Right? Baek??"

 

Baekhyun swallows his food and purses his lips at him. "His hip s were no joke, 'soo. Earned him a second date but that's the furthest I can go, I think." Kyungsoo feels his eye twitch uncontrollably at Baekhyun's utter lack of filter.

 

"Uh, okay? Just stop telling me about the and I won't say anything else about it." Baekhyun snorts but agrees.

 

"I'm really happy for you 'soo," Baekhyun says, suddenly serious, and Kyungsoo's smile is so bright that it prompts him to say, "You seriously look like an ad for Colgate with all your teeth showing." Kyungsoo only laughs.

 

"Baek, honestly I hope you find someone who could make you look like a walking toothpaste ad, too."

 

"Did I tell you how Chanyeol ed me so good, I was still smiling like a Colgate model  a couple of hours later?" Baekhyun quips and lets out a very satisfied laugh when Kyungsoo mock vomits over the table.

 

------------------------------------

 

The doorbell rings in the middle of his cooking and Kyungsoo decides on keeping the stove on as he runs to the door, already knowing who's standing on the other side.

 

"The fish'll burn!" he shouts as soon as he jerks it open and promptly scurries right back into the kitchen. Jongin watches him run with great amusement and smiles as he toes off his shoes. 

 

"I'm taking a shower!" he calls out before heading to the bedroom to snag a towel and Kyungsoo hums loud in answer, obsessed with keeping the fish perfectly cooked.

 

They've formed this sort of comfortable routine in the two weeks since they've become a couple, where Jongin heads straight after dance practice so they could have dinner together.  Kyungsoo cooks and Jongin washes the dishes. It isn't a far cry from the earlier months when Jongin was still working for him. But the time they spend right after --talking or reading or watching TV (making out is a definite given), is what sets it apart. Sometimes Kyungsoo laughs to himself when he thinks about it because having Jongin for himself was only ever a dream and now Jongin is over at his place almost every night and at one point, he had to s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter