Eddie

Heartache

Before anything, I would like to recall a memory of Seulgi. 

Two years ago (2013)—

Seulgi went to her friend's birthday. Her friend wanted to hook her up with one of her guy friends. She gave three options to Seulgi. The first one was a short guy but very humorous. The second one had good looks but he was 24. The third one was 22, he did not have great looks, but he liked to entertain people.

At first, Seulgi flirted with the short guy, but then, depression hit her. She thought she did not deserve love nor attention from any other human being. She should just die and vanish from this world. To love was not an option, so she backed away. Slowly, she had noticed that the third guy, Joongki was her type, because he watched japanese animation, like she did, and he cosplayed a lot. In fact, she met him during one japanese animation convention, and there she totally fell for him. 

Yet the worst happened, soon after, he was in a relationship with his bestfriend. Seulgi had no choice, but to put her feelings aside. 


 

Seulgi was in line waiting to claim her badge for the anime convention (04/08). She recalled meeting Joongki in this same anime convention. She had a bitter smile. This year, she did not have anyone to attend the convention with. She did not even have a cosplay, but her goals were clear, because there was a chance that Eddie would attend the convention too. 

Seulgi had met Eddie in her Korean class. Seulgi speaks fluent Korean but for the past years she had been going to Korean school on the weekend for her friends. Last year, she took a break, because she knew her friends would not register anymore as school got busy. Nevertheless, Seulgi had always been interested in Korea's history, thus this year she decided to attend Korean school. A week before school started, the school has contacted her whereas the afternoon class could not be created because of the lack of students. They offered her to attend the morning classes, but it would be Literature.. She agreed. 

On that day, Seulgi arrived quite early to class, in the contrast on how she was usually late. There she noticed a fair looking guy. That was Eddie. Now, she had took four courses, in order to learn his name. It was just an interest at first, but during those four courses. she realized that he was an artist and he had crazt art skills. Unfortunately, the direction came by the class and asked if some students wished to attend History classes, because they were too much students in that Literature class. She thought that her studies were far more important than her interest— she regretted her decision on her first History class because the teacher was awful. He did not have a sense of humor and he tried so hard, but he was annoying. 

Fortunately, that teacher had to head back to South Korea, thus, she was back in the Literature class. There, Seulgi's interest reached a new level. Eddie always reminded her of a 2nd lead male character from a drama. That character had the 2nd lead male syndrome, in which he is the nice guy but never gets noticed by the main girl character. That is also the reason she started that crush. Ever since that first course back in Literature, Seulgi tried to look for his Facebook. She literally searched almost every classmate's friendlist, if they were available to the public, but she just could not find him. If we look back, Seulgi probably spent 4 hours in total trying to look for his Facebook. 

The day she found him on Facebook, she had thought of a group named Korean Pride, which included a lot of Koreans from the city, she looked up for his name, and found him. She was so happy she took a screenshot and sent it to her close friends. That was not all, she had to upload a new profile picture in order to send that friend request. That was how she tried hard for her crush. 

He accepted her friend request, and liked her picture. That was all, she did not had the guts to talk to him. 

A lot of Koreans attended the anime convention, which is why she also expected him to attend.