Seulgi

Heartache

Seulgi's parents have moved from South Korea to Vancouver, Canada. They wanted a bright future for their children, yet they just decided to have one child.

Seulgi grew up in a warm family, as her parents actually married out of love. Her parents were very busy when she was a child. She remembered all the lonely nights she spent at home alone. Her grandpa was there, but he never spoke. 

Seulgi used to be so sociable around other children, mostly girls, until 4th grade. During that year, a huge fight happened between two of her friends. She had participated into bullying, but that has been one of her biggest regret in life. They made up towards the end of 6th grade, their final year at Elementary school.

Seulgi felt so much regret against her friend, she tried her best to please her throughout high school. As she started high school, she felt so afraid meeting new people. Thus, she sticked with the friend which she bullied, and they became very close friends, but Seulgi always felt used, despite her friends' sincerity, yet rude behaviour.

Seulgi has hated hated herself throughout high school. Depression hit her. She never felt good about her appearance. Sure she was average, but that was the worst, because she would be stuck between the two extremes. Nothing stood out from her. It took her time to feel good once again. She kept telling herself that the future would be better. She had to keep going on, because her dreams were going to come true. She would be happy if only she stayed alive and struggled through.

Seulgi did it. She graduated high school. All the night where she cried, studied, procrastinated made it through. Seulgi was proud of herself, she started working at 14. She did not smoke, nor did she do drugs. She might only have that interest towards alcohol, but she felt alright. 

Seulgi gained her freedom.