Enter Seokjin.

That One Overdramatic YoonJin Fic

“Hyung!” As Yoongi left the club, Namjoon came over, grinning. Hoseok popped up from nowhere.

“Namjoon-hyung!” he grinned, and the two ‘bro hugged’.

“How’s that new roommate of yours?” Hoseok asked, and Yoongi raised an eyebrow.

“Since when do you have a roommate? Who the hell could possibly put up with you?” he asked, earning a light shove from Namjoon.

“Seokjin-hyung moved in about a month ago. I told you about him already.” Hoseok said, laughing, and Yoongi snorted.

“Why don’t I remember then?” he asked, and the two gave him deadpanned looks.

“You don’t remember half the things I tell you. And the half you do listen to is about music, so you basically ignore me all the time.” Namjoon said.

“Then you should probably start saying things worth my time.” came the response. Yoongi cringed as both of them let out indignant squawks, high pitched and loud.

“Whatever. Let’s see this guy then.” Yoongi said, walking in the direction of Namjoon’s house.

“You just don’t want to go home and cook for yourself.” Hoseok mumbled. Yoongi turned to him, and with a serious expression, nodded.

“Of course not. Do you think I can afford burning my apartment down?”

***

“Jungkook, get me another bottle.” Yoongi said, to which the younger snorted.

“Get it yourself, you lazy old man.” Jungkook raised an eyebrow at him, earning a thwack over the head from a passing Namjoon.  Suga sighed. He raised him, and this is how he was repaid? This ing kid…

“Jin-hyung should be home soon.” Namjoon said, coming back into the room. Yoongi nodded, not particularly paying attention to his words, just focused on getting the youngest to get him another bottle of lemonade. Because apparently this Seokjin person doesn’t allow alcohol in the apartment. Which means all of Yoongi’s beer supplies have gone. All of it.

He’s not liking this Seokjin very much.

“What does he do?” Yoongi asked as Namjoon handed him another green bottle. He popped the lid as the other leaned on the wall with his arms crossed.

“He’s a doctor.” well, he had a lemonade bottle. Now half of it was on the floor. And on Jungkook.

“Why the is a doctor rooming with you? The hell, did he you or what?” Yoongi sputtered. To his surprise, Namjoon shook his head and Jungkook just laughed. Neither got annoyed at him.

…Okayyy…

“Seokjin-hyung wouldn’t.” Namjoon said, Jungkook nodding.

“He’s too posh. And I mean posh, posh.” the youngest continued, pulling his shirt over his head and walking to Namjoon’s bedroom.

“He’s not posh, idiot. He’s just… not like that, I guess.” Namjoon said, shrugging. Yoongi was impressed; the two weren’t usually this respectful of other people, least of all people older than them, having grown up to think of adults as… well… not very nice people.

“What’s this guy like, then?” Yoongi asked, sipping his lemonade again.

“He’s awesome,” Jungkook said, coming out with Namjoon’s shirt on. He got an annoyed ‘yah, I liked that shirt’ from said shirt owner, but ignored him and continued talking.

“He cooks, he cleans, he’s a doctor, so he’s like super smart, and he’s just awesome. Compared to you two, he’s definitely a better hyung- ow!” Jungkook was cut off by a kick aimed by Namjoon.

“Shut up. Go home.” Namjoon grumbled as he went into the kitchen, getting two more lemonade bottles. He put one next to Yoongi and opened his own, sitting in the armchair -the pink armchair- across from him.

“What’s with the colours?” Yoongi wondered.

“His favourite colour’s pink.” Jungkook answered. An eyebrow raised in silent question, Yoongi looked to Namjoon, who shook his head.

“He’s not like that, hyung. Just… you have to meet him to get it.” was all he got, and now he was really beginning to wonder who or what the hell this Seokjin was.

The doorbell rang once, and Namjoon looked to Jungkook, who looked to Yoongi, who just smirked back at him. He whined and stood.

“Why do I have to get it?”

“Because your hyungs say so,” came a soft, unfamiliar voice. Suga looked up, and his breath caught in his throat.

“Jesus ing Christ.” he managed to choke out, earning a disapproving yet polite look from him.

“Hyung!” the two said, and Yoongi’s eyes widened. This was their precious ‘Seokjin-hyung?’ Holy . , he was not prepared for this.

“Hyung, you didn’t have to ring the doorbell, you live here.” Namjoon said with a grin as he took the briefcase from his hands and Jungkook took his jacket from him, hanging it with a smile.

“You said you had people over, so…” Seokjin trailed off, smiling shyly at Yoongi, who was still sat in his chair, sprawled and with a bottle in his hand like a drunkard. He quickly scrambled to his feet, almost tripping over nothing as he made his way over to the doctor and bowed slightly in greeting.

“Hi, I…Uh… I’m… I’m Suga. I mean, I’m… Um… Yoongi. I’m Yoongi. It’s… It’s my… uh… name.” he inwardly cringed, banging his head against walls at how awkward he sounded, but, since he’d managed to embarrass himself pretty badly, he figured it couldn’t get much worse than this.

“I’m Seokjin. It’s nice to meet you, Yoongi-ssi.” came the soft response again, and he nodded.

“Uh… just. Um. Just Yoongi is fine, Seokjin-nim. Seokjin-ssi.”

“Okay, then. Just Seokjin or Jin is fine, Yoongi.” And , if that didn’t give him some sort of rush. He felt like he was on stage again, except he was just Yoongi, not Suga, and though it scared him, he loved it.

“Yeah, okay. Seokjin.” he said, and said doctor nodded with a smile.

, he just smiled. At Yoongi.

Seokjin just smiled at Yoongi.

Holy God, Yoongi thinks he’s coming.

When Seokjin went to his room, promising to be back out soon after he showered, Yoongi ‘s legs gave out, and he was left on the floor of Namjoon’s living room, panting for breath, staring at the hallway.

“…Well, that was interesting.” Jungkook said with a smirk. Namjoon stood with a look of slight disbelief, but it was overthrown by amusement and smugness.

“Oh my God. Oh my God. I’m leaving. Now.” Yoongi scrambled for the door, not even bothering to get his mixtape from the coffee table. Unfortunately for him, Jungkook was in front of him with a glint in his eyes that could mean nothing but trouble.

“But hyung, you haven’t spoken with Jin-hyung properly yet. You can’t just leave now.” he said, guiding Yoongi back to the living room, where he winced as he saw the chair he was sprawled in when Seokjin first saw him.

“Joonie?” A soft voice called, and Yoongi froze. Namjoon went to see what Seokjin wanted, and Yoongi thawed, looking at Jungkook with begging eyes.

“Jungkook, please, don’t make me stay here.” he pleaded. The younger was quite surprised, to say the least; being the elder brother, Yoongi was never like this, not once through the time they’d known each other.

“Yah, hyung. Stop whining.” he responded with a sigh. Namjoon came back and hunted through Seokjin’s jacket pockets.

“He left his toothbrush in his briefcase. Key’s somewhere in his pockets.”

“He…carries his toothbrush with him to the hospital?” Yoongi couldn’t help but ask, and the two shrugged.

“After lunch he brushes his teeth.” came the response, then Namjoon ‘aha!’ed when he pulled his hands out of the front left pocket, producing a small golden key, and going over to- oh. Why hadn’t Yoongi noticed the doctor’s case was pink?

“When you said he liked pink…”

“I meant he liked pink.” came the short, knowing response.

“I’m going to die. Please. Let me go. If I go now, he won’t see me leaving. I’m literally begging you.” he said, squirming under Jungkook, but the two just gave him a look, then looked at each other. Seemingly deciding on something, Namjoon continued to the bathroom, and Jungkook continued holding him down. It was like he hadn’t said anything.

After a few more grueling minutes, Seokjin emerged with towel dried hair, a pink sweater that went below his knees and black pants down to his ankles. Jesus .

“Hyung, what’s for dinner?” Jungkook got off Yoongi, and Seokjin smiled.

“What would you like, Yoongi?” he asked, and Namjoon coughed, knowing he wouldn’t have been able to answer.

“Yoongi-hyung doesn’t really like much, he’s really picky.” he said, and Yoongi glared.

“Am not! Just because some people can’t cook properly does not make me picky.”

“I can cook just fine!”

“Uh… no, hyung, you can’t.”

A laugh interrupted them, and Seokjin flushed lightly, looking down.

“Sorry. It’s just… as with Taehyung and Jiminnie, you all seem very close. It’s really sweet to watch.” he said, and Yoongi would have melted, if it weren’t for him scowling at the mention of those two.

“What, so everyone except for me has met Seokjin already?”

“Pretty much, yeah. This is what happens when you don’t pay attention.” Namjoon said flippantly as Seokjin shook his head with amusement. The two argued until they got to the kitchen, where Namjoon promptly shut up. Yoongi fell silent upon noticing the atmosphere.

“Kookie,” God, how adorable was this man? “Can you be my helper again tonight?” Seokjin asked, and Jungkook nodded vigorously with a huge grin.

“Of course, hyung! TaeTae isn’t here, so I can be your only helper, right?” he asked, and Seokjin nodded, making the other cheer. Yoongi would have rolled his eyes at the kid’s aegyo, but this time he could tell it wasn’t forced, nor meant to be a joke. Seokjin brought out Jungkook’s natural cuteness, and it pulled at something in Yoongi, to see Jungkook so happy with Seokjin in the kitchen. He smiled, before he felt Namjoon staring at him, and dropped it.

The next hour was spent with Yoongi gazing at Seokjin flitting about the kitchen with Jungkook following like a puppy. Namjoon and Seokjin conversed mostly, with the youngest throwing in a few thoughts. Yoongi never spoke unless absolutely required to, merely grunting in agreement when he felt like.

When the food was done, Yoongi was sure Seokjin was doing this on purpose. Whatever it was that he did in his previous lives, he regret them all. Because damn, this was good. Which should be a good thing, but sadly just made him want to jump the elder even more.

Once they were done eating, and Seokjin did their dishes, and Yoongi was ready to leave with Jungkook, Seokjin bit his lip.

“Ah, Yoongi. Jungkook wants to stay. Can he?” he asked with hopeful eyes. Yoongi would have been okay with Jungkook staying, because then he would stay over as well, but with Seokjin around, he wasn’t sure he could handle it.

Even since he was young, Jungkook knew Yoongi didn’t like leaving him by himself anywhere, not even with Namjoon, so he knew he would stay the night.

He also knew that Yoongi was aware of his thoughts, judging by the look he was receiving from his brother.

Sighing, Yoongi looked back at Seokjin to refuse, but then caught the expression of hope on his face, and cussed quietly.

Min Yoongi had a problem.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yay, they meet! :3

Tell me whatcha think?

~Anna