Ch 3

Let's Not Fall In Love

She stood up and got ready to left the concert. As cliche as it may sound, the night had been unforgettable, young, wild and free. She made her exit and cringed at the sudden brightness. Yet it felt good - she hadn't enjoyed herself like this for a very long time. She her phone, only to find herself with almost 30 missed calls and up to 56 whatsapp messages. 

'Did you enjoy the concert?' 'I bet you did, eh, they are truly amazing.' 'oh my god I hate you you're so damn lucky' 'I can't believe I gave you my ticket!' 'What am I going to do with my life?' 'Oh have you fallen in love with them yet?' She gave a light chuckle, wondering how her best friend had managed to procrastinate to such a degree even during a company meeting. No wonder her boss had threatened to fire her, for her best friend was such a careless person, with only a limitted amount of aspects in life she actually cared about : family, friends, and big bang --- the love of her life. Work, apparently, was not her first priority and therefore not included. 

Her phone gave another buzz : 'meeting officially over. Call me now! RN! ASAP!' She sighed, did her friend even care about whether the meeting had been held at all in the first place? She started to dial her number but her bestie had obviously beat her to it as she saw the contact title' Lee Grace' flash across her screen. Grace was one passionate person. 

'HEYYY! HOW WAS THE CONCERT! OMG OMG OMG I AM SO EXCITED!' Grace's voice was so loud she swore she could have gone death. 'NOW DON'T TELL ME TO CHILL, MY BAE, THERE IS NO WAY I CAN POSSIBLY LITERALLY CHILL. WHAT, DID YOU LIKE IT?' She gave a snort of disdain and heard her friend gasp in shock at the other end as she broke out into laughter. 'I was lying. I liked it. Grace, I'm serious, I like it.' 

'WHAT. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. Do you actually adore them?' 'Not to that extent yet, But I appreciate what they're doing. Their music is good.' It was true. Yet her friend cut her off before she could say anything further. 

'You know what can you get in the queue and get my CD signed, like RIGHT NOW! Oh please oh please, you know I love you.' Ok, she said, laughing, yes I will, she promised.

As soon as she reached the end of the queue, she regretted not having running. Emotions were out loose everywhere. And the wailing fans who sobbed their way out scared her no less than the length of the queue. She would never get Grace's CD signed. The queue was at least a few thousand miles long and definetely able to make a full journey around the planet Earth. She still had work tomorrow, and based on what she saw, she wouldnt't be getting to home anywhere near 11pm. 

As she claimed her spot in the queue, Grace called again. 'Um...sorry, but I just had to ask for more. I know you're really really tired, but c'mon girl, it's bigbang.'

'What are you trying to get at,' she snapped jokingly at the needy tone of her friend. Grace was always like that when she wanted something from people yet knew that it was somehow inappropriate to do so - she'd speak in this guilty voice and come up with a whole pathetic list of postivies that the thing she wanted would bring, and if it didn't work, she'd always give a best at puppy eyes and a baby voice. She found needy Grace extremely annoying, yet never failed to give in to her cute puppy eyes. 

She heard a pause at the other end, then as Grace realized she had got her friend's permission to chat with her on the phone, she boomed in her ear again : 'HON WHO WAS THE HOTTEST. I DEMMAND AN ANSWER FROM THEE NOW.' 

'Grace, lower your tone. My ears are sore. If you do this to me again I will block your call.'

'Well sorry, I just had to call you even though you were tired, you know, you're in the queue and I want to keep you entertained, right? BACK TO MY QUESTION, WHO IS THE HOTTEST? WHO WON YOUR HEART? WHO IS THE MOST TALENTED?' Grace's never ending questions shot into her ear like bullets. 

'I can barely recognize them,' she replied. 'I don't know,'

'ARE YOU KIDDING ME DID YOU SEE TOP I BET HE WAS HOT DAYUM I BET HE WAS. TOP IS SO SO SO HOT, SO SO SO DAYUM FINE. OMG YOU ARE SO LUCKY I WISH I QUIT MY JOB AND IGNORED MY BOSS AND WENT INSTEAD.TOP-' She had never seen Grace that agitated before. She knew Grace was a major fan of Bigbang, and that Top was her dream man, her prince on the white horse, for all Grace would ever talk about was Top, his clothes, his fashion, his eyes, his nose, his lips - all things Top - well at least until she realized she had a time clash with her meeting.

'But-'

Grace suddenly stopped as she heard her friend mumble a tired 'but', excited if her friend had finally had a celebritiy crush. 'But what?' Grace encouraged, eager.

'But there was a certain member who caught my eye.' She managed to finish.

'WOAH THERE. WAS HE HANDSOME? I BET HE WAS, ALL THE BIG BANG GUYS ARE HOT AS HELL. WAS HE THE TALLEST WITH THE MOST BEAUTIFUL EYES AND THE SHARPEST JAWLINE AND THE TALLEST NOSE AND THE MOST GORGEOUS LIPS AND THE FINEST EYEBROWS? Because if your answer is yes, then it's top. I bet you like top the most anyways. I bet on my life. There's a 400% probability it's top. TOP IS IRRESISTABLE!'

Grace's voice trailed higher as she came to the end of her sentence, proud of her conclusion of her favorite male in the world. 

'I don't think he was the tallest,' she said. 'He had white hair.'