Family II

Alpha Dog

The three of us were inseparable. We were in the same school, in the same class, all year every year. We were the troublemakers everywhere we go. Be it in school or the orphanage, you would always see us in the middle of a punishment, middle of a prank, or in the middle of planning one. We were fiercely loyal of one another, backing each other up no matter what. We knew what it was like to be thrown away by someone, we grew up abandoned. We shared everything so of course we’d be close.

Jun was the brother I never had. He was leader of the group. He had a certain charisma to him. People would stop and listen to him if he had something to say. His mere entrance can fill up the whole room. And yet, he was the most exasperating. He was the one suggesting skipping class, the one causing trouble everywhere he goes. He had a tendency of becoming short-tempered, which meant he was the one most involved in fights. Yet he was also the one with the most sense of justice among us. Anybody in trouble and he’d jump to the rescue. There was a reason everyone loved and respected him. He was everyone’s hero…… and yet…..

Finally there was Hani. She was the brains of the group. She was literally the one we turned to when we needed help when it involves our brain. That’s not to say she’s a goody-two-shoes. Despite her intelligence and smarts, she was just as wayward as us. In fact, whenever our pranks go haywire or we were caught, she’s the one getting us, or sometimes herself, out of the situation. Just like the two of us, she thought school was a waste of time. Of course, considering she was a genius, I guess it was understandable on her part. I remember I had a huge crush on her. I had totally fallen head over heels for her one day, for absolutely no reason. An image of her popped up in my head, an image of the last time I saw her. An image I’d rather forget, despite the beauty.

For me, I was the laid back sloth of the group. I couldn’t care less about school, or the people in it. I’d rather sleep than go to school, but of course I had to go. Despite my lazy front, I was actually pretty good at my studies. Of course I didn’t show it, but I always aced my exams, beating Hani sometimes. I was also the ‘demon spawn’ of the group, as the teachers had nicely named me. I was basically a delinquent, although a lazy one. Which explains the constant nagging Solji gives me, and the beating LE gives me. Despite all that, I was loved them all. I would take a bullet for any of them. They were the only family I had in this world. Screw blood, they were worth more than drops of red liquid.

And yet, I was the reason everything was messed up. I was the one that brought the worst heartache to everyone. I was the reason we all split up, why our happy times back then were cut short.

Because I was the one that killed Jun.

I was the one that made the girls cry.

I was the one that nearly teared our family apart.

After Jun’s death, I ran away from the orphanage, unable to face the girls. I worked alone, supporting myself for 4 years. I didn’t keep in contact with the girls until a few months back. That was when I found out they moved to Seoul 2 years ago, and started living with two other girls that they close with. LE managed to fulfil her dream, becoming a singer with Solji, while Hani attended university with the two girls. Solji practically begged for me to come back to them, and I was tempted to. I finally swayed when she said Hani wanted to see me. She just knew the right words to say to me.

I worked my off to buy myself tickets to Korea, and went to receive the right documents for me to attend university in Korea. Since I’m going to move there and start anew, might as well make it better. I just hope I can do better here. No more mistakes.