Rosa

Garden of Eros

Ash’s finger scrolled through his playlist as his other hand adjusted his earphone. The sound of Taehyung’s voice rang through his entire being as he walked towards the assigned meet up spot. Unfortunately it was a 20 minute walk, but it was somewhat of a halfway point for the two to meet since Ash’s hotel was nearly an hour away on foot from Big Hit. He sat along one of the ledges outside of the café and tapped his foot as he looked around, taking in the full scenery of Seoul. The plants danced as a soft spring breeze rolled through. Ash let out a soft sigh, “He’s never late. Where is he?” He looked down at his phone. It was two minutes away from their meet up time, but there was absolutely no sign of Taehyung anywhere. Something unsettling began to grow in the pit of Ash’s stomach as he began to worry a little too much. His hand instinctively reached for the pack of cigarettes in his back pocket, but then he remembered that Taehyung didn’t know about that habit yet. What if Taehyung were to catch him smoking? How would he explain himself? He didn’t smoke often, but it was a habit that he had picked up in America and he knew that he would not get a good reaction from Taehyung over it. Ash took out the pack and began to fiddle with it in his hand. The wrapper and boxing was over two months old and it was somewhat mold to the form of Ash’s back pocket. He opened it and eyed the empty space where one cigarette once was placed. The rest were all tightly set in their place, practically untouched and he blew on them a little out of boredom, until his phone vibrated in his hand.

My Aster Prince: Hey, love. I’m like 5 minutes away. Sorry, it’s taking so long. Miss you~

Ash broke into a wide grin and quickly replied to the text message. It’s okay. I just got here. I’ll see you in a bit, honey.

Ash tucked the pack into his back pocket and stood up. He straightened his outfit up and let out a deep breath. He tucked his phone into his front pocket and began to rock excitedly on his heels while his eyes wandered around restlessly, looking for any sign of Taehyung. Ash turned to look into the distance and stepped a little bit away from the café’s front entrance. Two large hands covered his entire face and he heard his favorite child-like giggle, “Guess who?”

“Hmm… it must be the cutest, sweetest, and most charming and perfect boyfriend in all of existence,” Ash smiled excitedly.

“Hey, we aren’t talking about you here!” Taehyung pouted as he dropped his hands from Ash’s face and crossed his arms.

Ash let out a small laugh and turned to face Taehyung. “Now now, I wouldn’t speak so highly of myself; after all, I’m just a meme.”

“A beautiful meme… the funniest meme… the coolest meme… the most perfect and amazing meme… my meme,” Taehyung whined a little and began to use his aegyo as a weapon against Ash’s already weak heart. Ash let out a small sigh in defeat. “We are the meme princes, the ultimate meme couple. Taehyung, the prince of facials, and Ash, and the prince of… meme like sounds, the perfect memeing couple to ever rule this universe.” Taehyung threw up his arms as his voice gradually got louder and louder.

“Tae, you—“

“I know. I’m being a meme again.”

“No, your fly is down,” Ash tried not to laugh. Taehyung looked down and his cheeks turned a rose red as he turned away to fix it, and then pull his shirt down again. He grinned at Ash out of pure embarrassment. He took Ash’s hand into his and began to walk beside him with a little skip in his step.  Ash smiled widely and squeezed his hand gently to get his attention. “Where are we going?”

“I believe we are going to…” he smiled playfully. “Are you ready to find out?”

“I’m kind of scared now. You only smile like that when you’re about to pull a prank, baby,” Ash furrowed his eyebrows.

“You’ll love it. Trust me,” Taehyung nodded proudly then winked. “I put a lot of thought into this last minute date, but it’s going to be perfect.”


Taehyung placed a small macaroon on Ash’s bottom lip and watched as Ash took a bite of the treat. “Mm… I really like it. That’s… strawberry?” Taehyung nodded. “Wow, it tastes so fresh and amazing. No wonder this is your favorite place. It kind of reminds me of—“

“Koffea,” Taehyung smiled and took Ash’s hand, giving it a gentle squeeze. “I know. Ever since that day, I tried to find somewhere that was similar to that very spot. That would bring me somewhat closer to you even though we are miles and miles apart. Ash, I… I…”

Ash looked up at Taehyung with curiosity and tilted his head a little, “Yes?”

“I… I hope you like the macaroons. Do you want anything else?” Taehyung gave up with what he was originally saying. His heart feeling full and strained; he watched as Ash carefully contemplates over the menu. “The drinks here are really good. We can get one to share or something.” He leaned over and rested his chin on Ash’s shoulder. “The Italian sodas are really refreshing, but I’ve also had the hot chocolate, milkshakes, smoothies, and the juices, but not the actual coffee,” he let out a small awkward chuckle.

“We can get whatever. I honestly don’t mind at all. It’s whatever you think is the best, Taehyung-ah,” Ash couldn’t make a quick choice off of the large menu and just left it to Taehyung’s taste buds to make the right decision. Taehyung nodded and motioned for the waitress to come over. He spontaneously decided to get two milkshakes—one chocolate and one strawberry—then he gave a large smile. “You have a really cute smile, Taehyung. It makes my day better. It makes everything better. I hope you keep smiling no matter what. I want you to always be happy. You deserve nothing but the best,” Ash blurted out.

Taehyung froze and, once Ash realized his words, he just gulped and began to avoid eye contact. “Ash, I-I… well, I have something to tell you.” Both of their hearts began to pound loudly and were on the verge of falling out of their chests. “It’s been a while since we spent time together because we have been so far apart and I am glad that we have this time here. There is something I have been meaning to say for a while and, I mean, after I got to speak with Jimin and all, I realized how it all works. I realized how I feel. I realized it all. I don’t know how to honestly put my words together, but I mean it is important that I tell you this. I really just… I want you to understand what I’m going to say because it is just so important to me, you… us.”

“Taehyung, just spit it out, you dork.”

“I love you, Ashton.”