Aster

Garden of Eros

"Like a koi fish..." Taehyung mumbled to himself as he read this daily poem out of the notebook that Ash had given him. He sighed as he put in the lavender notebook, then rested his head on his pillow and began to close his eyes. "Like... a... koi..."

Jimin carefully reached over and took the notebook from Taehyung's limp hand, then tried to read the cover. "What is this...? Who is Ash?" He looked down at Taehyung as he slept soundly in his bed after working nonstop on their comeback, concert, and other activities. Jimin wasn't one to snoop or pry into anyone's business, unless he knew he was somewhat involved, but he felt as if he needed to know what this notebook was. As he cracked it open, Taehyung shot up and grabbed the book from Jimin.

"Even if you're my hyung, you shouldn't go through my things without my permission," Taehyung grumbled while looking up at Jimin in complete frustration.

"I'm sorry, I--"

"What did you read?" Taehyung put the notebook into his drawer and locked the drawer up, then put the key under his pillow. Jimin shook his head and put his hands up in a sign of surrender. Taehyung got comfortable in his bed again and closed his eyes. "Then I'm going to sleep. Don't touch my thing--"

"Who is Ash?"

Taehyung's eyes opened wide and he looked up at Jimin. "He's not important to you, so it doesn't matter who he is. You don't know him, so you don't need to know about him."

"Taehyung, I'm not dumb. Who is Ash?" Jimin put his foot down on the matter. "If he's your boyfriend, then just say so. I'm not going to get jealous like I used to. I'm over it. Who is Ash? Just tell me, man."

Taehyung let out an exhausted sigh. "He's a childhood friend that I'm--"

"He's the one you told me about when you first moved in with all of us... The one that went to America to follow his dreams while you came up to Seoul to follow yours and if time permitted... you would... date... and I'm guessing you guys are... together," Jimin looked down at the floor in defeat. "I hope you and Ash end up happy together."

"Jimin--"

"Good night, Taehyung," Jimin turned off the light and got into his bed quietly.

Like a koi fish...

The facetime ringtone felt like it was lasting a little bit longer today in Taehyung's mind. The weight in his heart lessened when he say his phone say "connecting..." but it wasn't enough to ease the pain. He saw Ash's smile face and what looked like a hotel bed in the background. "Hey, Ash. I need to talk to you about Jimin." Taehyung looked down in shame. "He and I got in an argument and now he's not speaking to me."

"Oh. What was the argument about? I can surely try my best to help," Ash looked at Taehyung with complete concern.

"He found the notebook and he wanted to know who you were and everything, then he got mad when he figured it out. I wasn't able to explain though. He just got pissed off. I didn't mean for everything to turn out that way. He's my best friend and I don't want him being upset over me being happy with you. I care so much about you, Ash, and I don't want to lose you over some stupid like this. I just don't know what to do," Taehyung began to tear up and looked at his screen for an answer.

"Tae, Tae, Tae, you're not going to lose me. Things get tough between friends at times especially when one is in a relationship. You don't have to choose between Jimin and I, but if it comes ot that point, I want you to do what feels right and what will make you happy. I will understand regardless," Ash grinned. "As for what happened, it was just a small misunderstanding, you need to talk to him about our relationship. You need to tell him everything and be completely honest with him, Tae."

"But, Ash, I'm scared."

"That's the same words I heard when you got accepted into Big Hit and had to move to Seoul. Look at you now," Ash grinned which soothed Taehyung's shaky emotions. "Everything is going to be okay. You're my lucky little Aster flower and I have never had to worry about anything bad happening to you. You have always had the best luck and karma because you're such a wonderful person. You are going to be okay."

"Thank you, Ash," Taehyung sniffed back the last of his distressed feelings, then grinned a little. "How long are you going to be in Seoul?"

"Until middle of next week."

"I'm taking you on a date whether you like it or not because I have something important to show you," Taehyung smiled excitedly. "So when you go to school you can tell all your friends about your amazing trip with the bestest boyfriend in the whole wide world, Kim Taehyung!"

Ash laughed at Taehyung's adorable side, "Okay okay, when and where?"

"I'll pick you up, my prince, and it will all be a surprise," he clapped a bit, simultaneously dropping his phone in the process. "Oh, ! Whoopsies, didn't mean to drop it, hun." Ash cracked up even harder at the innocent, yet dumb act. The conversation carried on through the night until Ash decided to end it after five hours. Taehyung was reluctant to hang up, so between the "No, you do it" and "Oh no, you hang up first," Yoongi decide to take matters into his own hands and hang up for Taehyung. Taehyung pouted like a child and crossed his arms while whining, "That wasn't nice I was in the middle of a conversation, Hyung." Taehyung began to text Ash an explanation that Yoongi had been a "meanie head" and hung up on Ash.

-

The circle of life is traced

Over and over again

Like the body of a fish swimming

Over and over again

Good luck and prosperity rains down

Over and over again

As life continue to move on

Over and over again

Life is like a koi fish

Circling no matter what

Obstacle after obstacle 

Love and Hate

Pain and Strain

It continues to circle

In the waters

Like a koi fish

- Ashton; 0114 - Entry #3