Fuji

Garden of Eros

Ash rested his head on the bed of grass and closed his eyes slowly. The music lulled him to sleep as the quiet, empty meadow protected him from the outside world. A soft breeze rolled through and brushed his face gently. A silent stranger walked through the meadow under the wisteria trees until his eyes landed upon Ash's sleeping figure among the lavender. He blinked and curiously walked closer to the young sleeping male. He slowly knelt down beside Ash and examined every soft feature on his face. He brought his hand up towards his face, then Ash's eyes slowly fluttered open and he looked up at the stranger. The wisteria in the background and the sun over the stranger's shoulder that casted a beautiful ring around his head and shoulders. "Oh, I-I'm sorry," he spoke full of shyness and quickly stood up.

Ash rubbed his eyes and shook his head, "It's okay. It's okay."

"I didn't mean to wake you."

"It's okay. I didn't know that anyone knew where this meadow was," Ash stood up and held out his hand for a shake. "I'm Ash, or Ashton, but just call me Ash."

The stranger took his hand with a smile and knelt down to kiss it gently as if it was the most precious and fragile being on earth, "I'm Taehyung. It's wonderful to meet you, Ash." Taehyung stood up straight and waited for Ash to take his hand back before he dropped his arm. "I don't live too far from here... actually just across the bridge and up the hill a little."

Ash's cheeks were tinted as a light pink while he hid his hand behind his back. "Oh... well, are you new around here?"

"How long have those wisteria trees been here?" Taehyung spoke, avoiding Ash's question.

"I don't know. My mother said they were here before I was born," he shrugged at the strange, unrelated question.

"How long has the lavender been here?" Taehyung motioned at the flowers beneath their feet.

"My mother planted them before I was born," Ash smiled down at the plants that tickled his shins gently.

"I've been here as long as the wisteria and you've been here as long as the lavender," Taehyung motioned to the plants that painted the meadow. Ash looked up at the stranger with a confused and slightly creeped out look on his face. "Sorry, when I'm here I get all philosophical and poetic. I don't mean to be like this. I'm usually a lot of fun. You said your name is Ash, correct?" His genuine smile was plastered on his face, eyes closed and lips in a box shape. Ash nodded; the grin on Taehyung's face put him at slight ease. "How old are you?"

"I'm 14. How old are you?"

"I'm 16," he nodded. "Would you like to accompany me for a walk?"

"I would love to," Ash grinned. The two began to walk side by side under the wisteria trees.

"So, Ash, what do you like to do in your free time?" Taehyung grinned and looked down at him.

"I like... listening to music and taking photos... and laying in the lavender here," Ash answered wholeheartedly. "How about you, Taehyung?"

"I lke to practice singing, making jokes, and, oh, I'm really good at imitations!"

"Really?! Show me your best imitation!" Ash nudged him gently.

"Ah, you know the donut store man?" Ash nodded eagerly while watching Taehyung's excited expression. Taehyung cleared this throat and hunched forward while his fingers, then pointing forward, "Eh... Eh... Eh... Little... Girl... which donut you--? AH? CHOCOLATE? CHOCOLATE? NO?! GLAZED? CHOCOLATE GLAZED? OKAY, HERE IS YOUR CUSTARD FILLED DONUT!" Ash broke into a fit of laughter at Taehyung's accurate impression of the old man. "You notice that even if you are a grown man or something... you are still a little girl to him. I don't even thing he realizes that. How old is he?"

"I was told he's like 85."

"Yeah, 385 years old," Taehyung snorted. Ash couldn't help but laugh even more. "Hey, but he is good at making donuts."

"And messing up everyone's order," Ash joked causing Taehyung to stumble as he laughed hysterically. "Hey, you said you could sing. Can I hear a bit?"

"I'm not too good at singing, but I guess," Taehyung calmed down and scratched the back of his awkwardly while his cheeks turned a slight pink at the request. "This is a song that came out not too long ago. It's by Jeong Joonil and it's called 'Hug Me.'" Taehyung took a deep breath, then closed his eyes as he tried to focus. He looked up at the wisteria that hung over his head and began to softly sing,

"서러운 맘을 못 이겨, 잠 못 들던 어둔 밤을 또 견디고, 내 절망관 상관없이, 무심하게도 아침은 날 깨우네

(I can’t beat my sad heart, again I’m enduring the dark and sleepless nights, without regard for my despair, the morning indifferently wakes me)

상처는 생각보다 쓰리고, 아픔은 생각보다 깊어가, 널 원망하던 수많은 밤이 내겐 지옥같아

(the wound burns more than expected, the hurt goes deeper than expected, the countless nights of resenting you are like hell to me)

내 곁에 있어줘 내게 머물러줘, 네 손을 잡은 날 놓치지 말아줘, 이렇게 니가 한걸음 멀어지면, 내가 한걸음 더 가면 되잖아..."

(please stay at my side, please stay with me, please don’t let go of the me who is holding your hand, if you go one step further away like this, I can just take one more step and that’s enough...)

Ash's eyes began to the tear with the sound of his low, yet gentle voice. It shook his small being and made his heart ache as he heard the pain and despair in his voice. Taehyung's eyes closed as he finished his final note, then he looked down and let out a sigh, then he looked over at Ash with a wide grin. "What do you-- Oh! Did I make you cry? I am so sorry! Was my singing that bad?"

"No, no, your singing is really beautiful, but that song is really sad," Ash sniffled and wiped the corner of his eye where a tear was attempting an escape. "I'm sorry. I'm not usually one to cry so easily, but that was amazing. You're really talented, Taehyung." Taehyung grinned warmly at Ash and ruffled his hair, then gasped when Ash's hair style completely altered. Taehyung let out a childish giggle as he pointed at Ash's strangely figured hair. "W-What did you do?!"

"I'm sorry! I-It wasn't me!" Taehyung put up both hands and looked around for a scapegoat, then he pointed at Ash. "It's you! You did it!"

"How did I do it? You were the one who touched my hair! How weird does it look?"

Taehyung ran in front of Ash and put his hands out to stop him. "I got this! I watch my mom do my hair sometimes, kind of sort of. Don't worry!" Taehyung began to randomly style and play with Ash's hair. "Ah, this isn't working. Give me some inspiration." Ash looked at Taehyun in desperation. "Okay, okay, I got it. Leave it to Kim Taehyung! I am the beauty genuis at your service!" He returned to playing with Ash's hair until it finally returned how it was supposed to be. "Okay, got it! It's better than before because I did it." Taehyung stood up straight with a proud grin on his face; Ash glared at him before scrunching his nose and playfully jabbing his side. "What?!"

"You're lucky you're c--" Ash stopped himself.

"I'm what? I'm lucky I'm what?" Taehyung teased and proceeded to invade Ash's personal space.

"You're lucky you're so tall... otherwise I would beat you to a living pulp!"

"Oh! Oh, really now? Square up," Taehyung brought up two fists and hopped around. Ash took one moderate-speed and light jab at Taehyung's open side and Taehyung dramatically fell to the floor. "Ah! I've been shot! What am I going to do? It's going dark! I have been defeated! This is the fall of the almighty, tall, and handsome Kim Taehyung. I am seeing the light. I am going towards the light." He continued to ramble random movie-like lines while holding his side, until one line caught Ash's attention: "Only a kiss from the lavender prince can bring me back to life!" Taehyung, then, closed his eyes and laid completely on the ground. Ash eyed the "dead" body for a bit. "Oh, only a KISS from the lavender prince can bring me back to life!" Taehyung peeked one eye open at Ash, then puckered his lip as he tried to remain dead. Ash's mind began to race at whether or not this was really happening. Should he kiss this guy? Was he just going to laugh at him and run away while throwing insults? Why would anyone request such a thing from someone they just met? Ash's mind came to one conclusion as he began to kneel by the still body of Kim Taehyung on the floor. It's only a kiss... he didn't specify where.