HER : Their past

Wildest Dreams

“You’re not making this easy for me Ju Hyun” Oh Sehun said as he pulled me to a stop.

 

 

“Sehun-ssi” My eyes widened as my hands turned into fists, a reflex reaction.

 

 

“How long do I have to wait for your answer? It’s been 3 whole months. I can’t wait forever” His face full of desperation.

 

 

Love. He said he loves me. He said he’d do anything.

 

 

LOVE.

 

 

Bull.

 

 

“You do know that you’re free to court any other woman you like if you’re tired of courting me. I don’t mind a bit” My voice was coated with sarcastic sweetness, making Oh Sehun shocked.

 

 

I might be a good girl but I can be a .

 

 

His grip on me loosened, his face looked like a storm.

 

 

LOVE.

 

 

Was it this easy to let go?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Days passed and Oh Sehun moved on quite fast. I suppressed a bitter smile when we passed by each other in the hallways. He didn’t even give a second glance.

 

 

“That’s because you hurt his pride you dimwit” Taeyeon said as she smacked my head with the daily newspaper.

 

 

I sighed, leaning to my table. I’m not hurt, not even a bit. Although, my pride as a woman is stinging. Taeyeon’s words became a blur as soon as my eyes caught his raven black hair. As usual, he was all alone at the back of the room, staring out at the window.

 

 

Choi Minho.

 

 

He’s a freak. A juvenile. A thorn among the roses. Everyone hates him. Everyone is scared of him.

 

 

But.

 

 

He was cunning. He was smart. He was brilliant. Beneath that dark exterior, was a sleeping beautiful creature.

 

 

“Yah Seo Joo Hyun! Are you even listening?!” Taeyeon’s voice three octaves higher.

 

 

My eyes averted as soon as he caught me staring.

 

 

“Sorry” I muttered under my breath, Kim Taeyeon eyed me sceptically.

 

 

“You’re a weirdo”

 

 

I didn’t know why but I was attracted to Choi Minho. Everyone might have missed the fact that he’s a genius, or the fact that he has a photographic mind but I didn’t. He was tall, strong, athletic, and mysterious. I knew him since kindergarten. We were never friends but I knew him. He was quiet and didn’t have any friends. After class, he’d always head out to somewhere no one knows and the next day, he’d come back with a bruised lip and a black eye. They said he’d always look for fights from boys from different schools.

 

 

I don’t believe them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You’re sitting on my spot” He said, his voice so cold that it sent shivers down my spine.

 

 

I eyed him, from his broad posture to his steely gaze. I didn’t mean to sit here in the rooftop but the cafeteria was so crowded and noisy.

 

 

“I’m famished, can’t we share?” My voice was a bit too stubborn. But who cares? I was hungry and tired. And NO ONE is going to stop me from eating MY lunch.

 

 

“I don’t share” He murmured in a tone that would’ve sent normal girls running. Bummer. I wasn’t NEAR NORMAL.

 

 

“I guess you’ll have to learn then” I shrugged, patting the cold floor beside me before swallowing my sandwich whole.

 

 

His gaze turned from ‘cold-city-guy’ to ‘amused-tough-kid’. He then gave a sigh of defeat as he turned his back to leave.

 

 

“Aren’t you going to eat lunch?” I called out, my mouth full of food. If my mother saw this, she would’ve shrieked.

 

 

“I’m not hungry anymore thanks to a certain someone” He said, loud enough for me to hear.

 

 

 

 

 

Everyday, the same thing happened. And everyday, he turned his back. Until one day, he couldn’t take it anymore.

 

 

“Don’t you have friends who are expecting you for lunch? Or that Oh Sehun guy?” His baritone voice an octave lower.

 

 

I turned beet red.

 

 

“Friends” I avoided his eyes. “I’d rather be in this tranquil place than surround myself with people who don’t seem to care about my opinions. The only friend I have has work student duties this hour”

 

 

It was true. Friends. I did have one friend and her name is Taeyeon. The others were classmates. Acquaintances.

 

 

His hard eyes softened.

 

 

“And as you can see. Oh Sehun can clearly live without me. Some love he claimed he has for me. Took him a few days to get over me” I didn’t know it but my voice was coated with pure bitterness.

 

 

Maybe I did like Oh Sehun. Maybe a bit. And when he stopped following me, I was disappointed. So disappointed because I thought he’d hold on to me even though I pushed him away.

 

 

Minho gave a long inhale before he plopped down beside me.

 

 

“Fine” His voice softer too. “You can stay here for lunch. But that doesn’t mean we’re close or anything. Okay?”

 

 

I looked at him. A tinge of pink on his cheeks.

 

 

“Fine” A soft smile carved its way to my lips as I continued slurping my chocolate milk.

 

 

“You’re weird” He whispered.

 

 

I choked on my drink, laughing as I did. He looked at me as if I was crazy.

 

 

Maybe I was. Maybe I am. I don’t care. It makes the two of us then.

 

 

“I think we’re both on the same page” I laughed in an un-lady like sort of way. He only shook his head, biting down a grin.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AU: Their past, how they got close <3 will update soon guys <3 God bless!