Episode 3

I Love You, My Boss

“I have spoken to Mr. Kim, President Tuan’s assistant, and he mentioned that President Tuan won’t be able to travel here as his schedule is packed for that week but he could slot us in on Wednesday evening at 4.00 if we could make it there. Or else we’ll have to wait for another three weeks before he could make it down here.”

Your job function as his assistant includes setting up appointments for Mr. Im which you have no problem completing as he has been very cooperative.

“If he can’t make it here then we’ll just have to travel there. We can’t wait for another three weeks to meet him.”

“Would you like me to set up other appointments as well since you’ll be there?”

“That’s a good idea. Try to set up as many as possible. That way we could speed things up.” You nodded as you took down notes from the meeting with Mr. Im.

 

“Sooo you’re going for a holiday with your crush.” Bambam started as he hand you the stacks of documents.

“It’s not a holiday, Bam.”

“But it’s still with your crush. This is your golden opportunity. Do something about it.”

“I am not going to ‘do something about it’. There is nothing for me to ‘do something about it’, Bam. He’s my boss and that is a ridiculous idea.”

Despite your resistance towards your friend's encouragement, you felt excited that you would be spending more time with Jaebum. You gently shook your head dismissing further any imaginations that start to develop.

*****

It was the last appointment of the day but it is the most important meeting of the week. Jaebum drives both of you to the next meeting venue while he briefs you about the man you’ll be meeting. From the way he speaks, you knew he looked up to President Tuan highly. A tall, young man was waiting for both of you as you enter the building.

“Welcome Mr. Im and Ms. Y/N. I’m Kim Yugyeom, President Tuan’s assistant. President Tuan is still in a meeting. He’ll join in once it’s finished.” He courteously greeted and proceed to both of you to a nearby meeting room.

“Thank you Mr. Kim. We are looking forward to meeting President Tuan soon.”

“Oh just call me Yugyeom and President Tuan is looking forward to meeting both of you too.” He left the room with a bow and a smile.

Fifteen minutes later, Yugyeom and another young man came into the room.

“Good day President Tuan.” Jaebum stood up and extended a hand to him as the young man shook his.

“Jaebum please, just call me Mark.” Both of the men laughed.

This guy is President Tuan?? When Jaebum spoke about him you were expecting to meet an elder man, not someone who is in the same age range as you.

“This must be Y/N. It’s a pleasure to finally meet you. I’ve heard about you from Jaebum.” You noticed that Jaebum has a light blush on his cheeks as he looked at Mark embarrassingly. Or was it just your imagination?

You were dead sure that President Tuan meant something more when he said that and you curiously wonder what they talked about.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you too President Tuan.”

“Just call me Mark.” The meeting went on well as both you and Yugyeom take notes. You can’t helped but notice how the two men chatted like they were good friends instead of just business partners.

 

During the ride back to the hotel, he seemed to understand your curiosity.

“We were friends since our college days. He may be from an elite family but he never acted like those stuck-up rich brats and tried to fit in with us, common people. He helped me a lot too, especially in my studies. That’s how we got close.”

You listened to his stories attentively as he remisnisce his college memories, largely the ones with Mark.