Chapter 6

Red String of Fate

“You saw me here yesterday too?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun slowly nodded his head. “I saw you walking down the hallway towards here, so I followed you.” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon looked at him weirdly. “You're creeping me out.” Taeyeon said with a chuckle and Baekhyun chuckled too. “and you being a ghost doesn't freak me out.” He answered and Taeyeon frowned. 

“Don't remind me.” She said with a deadly tone and Baekhyun chuckled. “I was just joking but I followed you because I wanted to know if you're real or not.” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded her head understanding him. “Partly.” She said and Baekhyun raised his brows not catching what she meant. 

“I mean, I'm real because you can see me but not because I'm a ghost.” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun chuckled. “To me you're real.” Baekhyun said making Taeyeon smile. “Thanks for not running away even when you found out who I really am.” Taeyeon sincerely said and Baekhyun nodded his head. “It's alright, after all, I know how it feels like to be alone. I know what if feels like as if everyone doesn't know you exist.” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon looked at him worriedly. “Hey, are you alright?” She asked and Baekhyun smiled weakly before nodding his head. “Of course, I felt what you're feeling now so.. I'll try my best not to let you feel left out.” He said with a genuine smile and Taeyeon smiled too. 

“Thank you.” She said and Baekhyun nodded his head, soon, the school bell rang. “I have to go to class now, see you later here at break.” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon smiled before nodding her head. “Aren't you going to be bored?” He asked and Taeyeon smiled before shaking her head. 

“I can always make fun of the students if I ever get bored.” Taeyeon said playfully and Baekhyun looked at her sternly. As much as he doesn't want her to feel alone, he can't risk of students getting crazy because of Taeyeon bothering them. “Of course I'm just lying. I'll wait here.” She said with a grin and Baekhyun nodded his head trusting Taeyeon's words. 

“I'll go now.” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded her head as watched him go out of the door. 

Seeing that he already left, Taeyeon stared at the piano and frowned. “I need to at least be partly real.” Taeyeon muttered before closing her eyes and letting out a sigh. 

“I need to be real.” 

 

“Baekhyun! Let's go have some lunch at the soccer field.” Kai offered as soon as the bell for the break rang, hearing this, Baekhyun shook his head. “I'm sorry, I need to get a book at the library. I'll just catch up with you after school.” Baekhyun kindly rejected his friend's offer while looking at his phone, tearing his gaze off of it, Baekhyun immediately left without waiting for Kai to answer him leaving his friends confused of his recent actions. 

“Do we have assignments?” Kai asked as he turned his head towards Chanyeol. “Not that I know of.” Chanyeol answered and Kai frowned. 

“I felt like he's hiding something.” 

 

“Taeyeon, I'm here.” Baekhyun said as soon as he entered the old music room, looking around, Baekhyun saw Taeyeon standing at the corner of the music room with a grin on her face, he closed the door. “What happened?” He asked noticing the grin. “Nothing.” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun looked at her questioningly. “Can I ask you to do me a favor?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun raised his brows. 

“What is it?” He asked. “Can you please.. lend me your hand. Please?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun, even with reluctance held out his hand and opened his palm showing it to her. “Then?” He asked. Without answering his question, Taeyeon held out her hand and placed it an inch above his. 

“What are you doing?” He asked while looking back and forth at his hand and Taeyeon. “Shh.” Taeyeon said while focusing on what she's doing and Baekhyun immediately closed his mouth and just watched her. “I can do this.” He heard Taeyeon said. Watching her slowly placed her hands on his palms, Baekhyun furrowed his brows when her hands just passed through his. 

“What are you seriously doing?” He asked and Taeyeon ignored him and tried again. 

She never felt this frustrated before, Taeyeon doesn't know what's happening to her but the moment her hand passed through Baekhyun's hand made her want to hold him even more. Taeyeon wanted to felt the warmth and she's going to do everything.

Repeating it again and again, Taeyeon grew more and more frustrated. “I can't do this.” She said in frustration as she threw her hands up in the air and Baekhyun retreated his. Knowing what she's wanting to do, Baekhyun sighed. “Hey.” He called making Taeyeon look at him. “What is it?” Taeyeon asked. 

“Try it again. Focus.” He said and Taeyeon frowned. “I can't.” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun frowned too. No, he can't let her give up just like that. “Come on, you can do it. I've read somewhere that ghosts can touch things they wanted to touch.” Baekhyun said with a small smile. “Really?” She asked like an innocent kid and Baekhyun felt himself melting at the sight but nonetheless nodded his head as he fished his phone out and showed it to her. 

“I'll try it.” Taeyeon said right after reading what Baekhyun showed her and Baekhyun instantly smiled. “Sure.” He said before holding his hand out again and Taeyeon took a deep breath before placing her hand above Baekhyun's hand. Slowly putting it down, Taeyeon closed her eyes and stopped when she felt something warmth against her cold hands. 

Opening her eyes, Taeyeon gasped when Baekhyun smiled and gently wrapped his fingers around her cold hand. “See? It's not that hard right?” Baekhyun said with a smile and Taeyeon nodded her head, a big smile visible on her face. 

“Yes!” She shouted as she let go of his hand and unknowingly hugged him. Dazed by it, Baekhyun's hand were lifted halfway, he felt afraid that Taeyeon might feel his rapid heartbeat. “Thank you.” Taeyeon said as she tightened her hug around his neck.

She felt.. warm.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I'm trying to help the two here *evil laugh*