Chapter 5

Red String of Fate

“Should I be flattered?” Taeyeon asked jokingly making Baekhyun chuckle. “Thanks for ruining the atmosphere miss.” He said and Taeyeon laughed. “Sorry, I didn't intend to you know.” She said and Baekhyun shook his head. “Aren't you going to sleep? I can stay here at the balcony until the sun rises, well, if you're not going to be afraid that is.” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun glanced at his clock at the table and sighed. “It's already four in the morning, I won't sleep.” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon raised her brows. “Aren't you going to try sleeping? You look like a panda.” Taeyeon said with a grin and Baekhyun sighed. 

“I may look like a panda but I always wake up at this hour of the day.” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded her head. “That explains why you saw me outside. Wait, aren't you still supposed to sleep at that hour?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun nodded his head. “I know, but I kept waking up. It's like my eyes has a mind of it's own that it opens when the clock strikes at three, if not, a dream would wake me.” He said while looking at Taeyeon and the latter pointed at herself. “Oh, I know.. but.. don't you think it's weird if you kept seeing me in your dreams when he haven't seen each other before?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun nodded his head. 

“I know and believe me I don't know the answer to that yet.” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon frowned. “Should we find out why too? Maybe there's a reason behind this.” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun sighed pondering about things for a moment before looking back at Taeyeon again. “I'm sorry, but I only remember limited memories.” He said and Taeyeon creased her brows not catching what he meant. 

“So.. what does that mean?” Taeyeon asked. “I have an amnesia.” He said and Taeyeon furrowed her brows. “Care to share?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun weakly smiled before shaking his head. “No offense but.. I'd rather prefer not to talk about it.” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded her head not wanting to pry further if it's about his personal life, after all she still keeps in mind that they just met and she has not right to pry into his life.

“None taken and it's alright. We just met and I don't want to meddle with your business.” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun nodded his head. “So, if that means I don't remember anything about me and you have only limited memories about you.. what are we going to do then?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun pondered about her question for a moment. She's right. 

They're both helpless. 

“Let's help each other. We will get your memories back and you will help me in return, how's that?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon nodded her head without hesitations. “But.. can I ask you something?” Taeyeon asked. “You already did.” Baekhyun stated and Taeyeon frowned. “Ask away.” Baekhyun continued with a smile plastered on his face. “Can I.. Can I stay with you until I get my memories back? Maybe until I know what happened to me when I was still alive.” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun nodded his head without reluctance. 

“But are you sure you're human before? You don't look like one.” Baekhuyn unknowingly said and Taeyeon looked at him questioningly. “Then what are you implying?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun gulped. “Aren't you.. maybe.. a fallen angel?” He asked and Taeyeon burst out laughing. “Seriously, what are you? Six?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun sighed. 

Because you really look like an angel. No, scratch that, goddess. Baekhyun thought.

“I was just asking.” Baekhyun said erasing his thoughts away and Taeyeon shook her head. “I am not.” She answered and Baekhyun nodded his head. “That's it, no need to tease me.” He said and Taeyeon chuckled before nodding er head. “So, you will really stay with me until I get all my memories back?” Taeyeon asked eagerly and Baekhyun nodded his head. 

“Sure” He answered. 

 

“Baekhyun, why did you disappear on us yesterday? You even left school without informing us.” Kai said as soon as he saw Baekhyun entering the school gates, removing his earplugs off, Baekhyun raised his brows and looked at his friend questioningly. “What?” He asked and Kai frowned. 

“You left us before class yesterday.” Chanyeol said and Kai nodded his head. “Even after school.” Kai added and Baekhyun sighed. “I'm sorry, but I really wanted to sleep yesterday so I went back home immediately.” Baekhyun said and the two seemingly believed his lies. 

It wasn't because of that though, he left because he wanted to find Taeyeon but it seems like his chasing was worth it when he saw Taeyeon at dawn earlier. It was the first time they met and it would be a lie if he says that he's not disappointed when he found out that Taeyeon was just a ghost. 

A ghost he kept seeing. 

“Hey, you're spacing out.” Chanyeol's nudge made him wake up from his trance. “What is it?” Baekhyun asked and Chanyeol sighed. “Are you sure nothing's happening to you? You're weird today.” Kai said and Baekhyun sighed.

“Look guys, I'm sorry. But I'm doing this because I want to remember everything and I wanted to do this alone, I know you want to help me but please..” Baekhyun pleaded and the two looked at each other then back to Baekhyun. “As long as it concerns you and your memories here then we'll gladly do anything. But, that doesn't mean you're going to shut us out, we've been friends for half of our lives now.” Kai said and Baekhyun smiled before nodding his head. “Of course, I wouldn't want to lose friends like you.” Baekhyun said and the two nodded their heads. 

“Let's go to class?” Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun shook his head. 

“You go first, I need to go to the library.” Baekhyun said and the two nodded their heads as they left. Entering the school building, Baekhyun looked around and made his way towards the old wing of the building. Walking down the hallway, Baekhyun looked around and entered the old music room. 

“Hey there.” He said and Taeyeon's head popped out in front of the piano. 

Walking around, Baekhyun saw Taeyeon sitting at the stool. “Are they your friends?” Taeyeon asked as soon as Baekhyun took a seat beside her on the stool. “Yeah, you were there? I thought I told you to wait for me here.” He stated and Taeyeon nodded her head. “I am. But you stopped so I have to look for you.” She said and Baekhyun chuckled. 

“Should I be scared?” He asked jokingly and Taeyeon glared at him.

“Tell me, were you here yesterday?” He asked and Taeyeon nodded her head making Baekhyun chuckle. 

“So it was really you all along.” 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Thanks for the compliments about this story readers! I'll try to make this better :D Watch out for the next chapter <3