Chapter 1

Shawty Imma Party Till The Sun Down (Online, that is.)

Kyungsoo hated working at the University’s Library. He thought it would have been better than staying at his dorm and having to endure more of the noise his roommates make at a daily basis, but between arranging books almost every day, reminding random s not to eat inside, and having to fix computers that freeze after some erts decide that it was a good idea to download in the library (surprisingly, that happened more often than normal), the he had to endure with Baekhyun and Chanyeol seemed better than this. Luckily, he was working at the counter today.

His sunbae, Ryeowook, had asked him to take his late shift at the counter. It was a relatively better job than half the stuff he normally had to do. Since it was nearing 11pm, there weren't much people in the library, only some students working on some last minute projects and homework. He had spent the last 2 hours replying on the thread that he and a Quicksilver role player were on.

Hardly anyone knew that Do Kyungsoo had a secret life as a Marvel role player. He owned a Scarlet Witch role play blog and had a secret crush on the mun of the Quicksilver blog. Since their admin made a rule that “thou shalt not reveal thy personal information”, he doesn’t know much about the mysterious guy behind the blog. He knows that the guy’s alias is “Kai”, he’s Korean, he’s a dance major in some university, and he’s in debt to his friends so he’s somehow their slave.

Kyungsoo sighed. Both the Tumblr mobile app and the library wi-fi were slow. “Yo Kyungsoo!” someone yelled out. He looked up from his phone and immediately glared at his roommate Byun Baekhyun who had just entered the building and broke the first rule of the library: keep quiet.

“Byun Baekhyun, shut up.”

Kyungsoo knew that was impossible. Baekhyun never shuts up. He yapped like a beagle 24/7. “Yah, Kyungsoo-ah. You don’t have to be so mean. I’m just here to borrow a book.” He said quietly, well for his standards, anyway.

“Just keep quiet. I have the right to kick you out of the library if you make more noise.” He warned Baekhyun. Baekhyun nodded and went about his way, walking deeper into the library. Miraculously, the Tumblr app had started to work. Kai had replied to the thread.


 

SilverMaximoff: Pietro sat down on the couch of their apartment. He sipped on the coffee he stole from a Starbucks before looking up at his sister.

“Wanda, what’s wrong? Ever since I came back you haven’t been acting like your usual self.”

Maybe it was suddenly returning after she had thought he’d die that caused her to be uneasy. It had been less than a day since they’ve been reunited. Other than the hug she gave him the night before, she had been cold to him.

#SLR #Scarlet-Maximoff #I just came from class 


 

“Umm…Excuse me.” Kyungsoo looked up from his phone and saw maybe one of the handsomest guys in the planet. Tall, well built, tan skin, plump lips, and messy brown hair. For a second, he forgot that he was still working. “Oh…yeah. Are you borrowing a book or returning?”

“Both.” The guy bit his lip. Kyungsoo could feel his heart beat faster. ‘Pull yourself together. The hot stranger’s just here to return and borrow a book.’ He thought. The guy took the book out of his bag, a copy of The Fellowship of the Ring. Kyungsoo took the book and immediately scanned it. The computer went to the borrower’s record and he saw the guy’s name. Kim Jongin.

“Well, it’s not overdue. Where’s the book you want to borrow?” He asked Jongin. Jongin handed him over a copy of The Two Towers. “Lord of the Rings fan?”

Jongin smiled and Kyungsoo could feel his blood rush up to his cheeks. ‘KYUNGSOO. STOP. DON’T EMBARRASS YOURSELF IN FRONT OF HIM. THIS IS JUST PHYSICAL ATTRACTION GODDAMIT.’

“Yeah. I like reading and I’ve always wanted to read the books because I’ve watched the movies when I was younger.” He said. Kyungsoo quickly scanned the book and typed down Jongin’s name for the borrower’s part. He quickly gave it to Jongin, avoiding any eye contact with him.

“I’ve never seen you at the counter before.” Jongin spoke up. “It’s usually Ryeowook-hyung here at this time.”

Kyungsoo looked up and immediately regretted it when he was now looking at Jongin’s beautiful chocolate brown eyes. “Um…H-he’s doing something tonight.” He stuttered. “I-I’m taking his shift for now.” He awkwardly stuck his hand out and most probably ruined himself in the course of a few minutes. “Do Kyungsoo.”

Jongin smiled again and immediately shook Kyungsoo’s hand. “Kim Jongin.”

“I knew that!” He blurted out. “Um…I mean, I knew that from…the borrower’s records.” Kyungsoo knew he was bad at talking to strangers and that he could make anything awkward in the span of a second, but he had never been this horrible at it before.

“Oh. Okay.” Jongin pulled his hand away. “See you again Kyungsoo. It was nice meeting you.” With that, Kim Jongin was gone, but not before smiling at Kyungsoo one last time.

Do Kyungsoo had ruined himself in front of a hot guy he was attracted to. Okay, maybe it wasn't as bad as if he actually met Kai in person, but at least he wouldn’t have made a fool of himself with him. Kai is behind a computer screen after all.

“Hottie alert.” Baekhyun chimed in, book in hand and a stupid grin on his face. “Did you at least get his number?”

Kyungsoo shot him another glare. “First, you have a boyfriend. Second, no. I’m working. Getting his number is not part of the job.”

“Oh yeah. You still have your cyber crush on Kai.” Baekhyun chuckled.

“Keep quiet Byun Baekhyun. Also, what book did you borrow?” Baekhyun immediately showed him the cover and he regretted ever asking.

“You’ve got to be ing kidding me.” He spat out. Baekhyun grinned as he handed over the copy of the Kama Sutra to Kyungsoo.

“Oh come on. My life with Chanyeol would be a million times better when we learn more positions.”

Kyungsoo hated this about his roommates. They either made noise about school, noise about role playing, or noises. He hated all three. He quickly scanned the book and hands it back to Baekhyun. Their life was already colorful, Kyungsoo could hear it from the thin walls of their apartment. He didn’t need to hear more of it. At least their role playing was online. Kyungsoo would have gone insane if the role playing was in the bedroom. He’d rather read the weird Spideypool threads that Baekhyun and Chanyeol had than hear it from the other room.

“Heads up, there’s gonna be some hardcore tonight.” Baekhyun said too loudly that the few students in the library looked at him. Baekhyun left the building and Kyungsoo sighed. Even counter duty was horrible. He truly hated working at the University’s Library.