Chapter 4

Yours.

“Baek,” Jongdae called when he saw Baekhyun too immersed in her thoughts. She looked up at him but before she could respond her mobile phone rings. She quickly took out her phone as the ringtone indicated a call from her husband. Smiling at the screen, she answered the call.

 

Jongdae stared at the lady. How a call from Chanyeol could change her mood in a second. She was now eye smiling and talking sweetly through the phone, after fuming like dragon just now.

 

How unbelievable her love for that guy.

 

“Okay, see you later,” she ended the conversation. Jongdae raised his eyebrows.

 

“Lunch with bae,” she retorted to the unsaid question. Her gaze landed on the file as she reached for her laptop, “Oh yeah, and we have a problem,”

 

“What problem?” He noted the change in her voice tone.

 

“Remember the complex in Gangnam? The upper ceiling of the basement cracks,” she shoved the file to Jongdae. He took it and flipped through.

 

“I need to see the architect and moderators in charge,”

 

“It’s Luhan, Minseok, and Sehun,” he read the names stated in the file.

 

The lady nodded, “Bring them to me,” and leaned back in her chair. Somehow she felt like this problem would be a big deal for her husband, so she wanted to help clear things up. The said guy was already burdened by the business trips and meetings he had to attend. Well, that’s what you get for being the CEO for a multinational company.

 

Baekhyun’s role in the company was none the less, she was in charge of the firm’s finance. Cash flows, budgets, and financial statements. Plus the unofficial role as Mr Park’s personal assistant.

 

And secretary.

 

And lover.

 

Jongdae nodded and got up to exit the room. He saw how tired Baekhyun was, so he didn’t want to bother. As soon as his hand reached the door knob, the lady called him weakly, “Dae?” He turned around and looked at the ceiling when he saw her stare upwards.

 

“From 1 to 10, how would you rank me?” she asked. Her eyes were still at the ceiling.

 

“In terms of?”

 

“My worth,”

 

He let out a loud heavy sigh, “Baek, how many times sho-”

 

“I get it,” she cuts his sentence with a hand gesture, “I get it, okay, now go and get those people to meet me after lunch. I need some rest for now,”

 

Jongdae nodded again, slightly, with a heavy heart. He knew what she was thinking about and he wished he could help her out but Baekhyun, she was the most stubborn girl he ever met.

 

Leave comments juseyoooo ^^