1/3 (Minseok story)

Of Chinese and Buns

 

#Minseok’s point of view#

 

 

Today is the day that everyone hates. Or maybe it is just me? Nahh, I don’t think there’s anybody will like this kind of feelings. Basically I just experienced what I will like to quote as ‘The Most Devastating Experience’. In which my mother waked me up very early in the morning, rushed me to get ready and packed my stuff only to send me to this university without my consent. Mind you, this is the second time. (Last time she enrol me in a weird University called XoXo University in which I swear the students are creepy as FU*K. So of course I withdraw from it.) Now that’s what I call as Best Mom in the World with dripping sarcasm on the top.

To tell the truth, this place is not THAT bad. Well, except for the fact that my mother just leave me in front of the gate with all the other stuff she packed for me. Which consist of 3 big bags that I believe each one can stuff Daehan, Minguk and Manse altogether. And now, I have to be at the main hall at 5pm for first year Orientation week. But guess what? Bless every soul in this prestigious university, there is not even one map and I’m lost for almost an hour (or is it two)? Wow, can my day get any worse?

“Baoziiiiiiii~~~”

From afar, I can hear a loud shout/wail/shriek or whatever people will like to call a 280db sounds. I couldn’t help but think that the Baozi is probably deaf that need to be called with that kind of call. Or perhaps IS deaf due to that kind of calling. Wow, to be him. I’ll just……

“Fuuu……..”

, I almost curse out loud. My mom will hate that. Thank god I can control my mouth. And who’s this motherer that clings to my back?

“What are you??” I asked.

“Baozi~ Baozi, Baozi, Baozi~~” the parasite behind me had the nerve to rub his face on my back. I heard footstep approaching us and a sleepy looking boy smile sheepishly before separate the boy that latch on me.

“I’m sorry.. I swear he’s just homesick..” the boy bow 90 degrees before drag the other form me. From afar I can hear them argue about bun and China and grease? Well that was weird.

So, where am I again? Oh yeah, I’m lost. Wouldn’t anybody think of putting sign for the first year student or what? An arrow will be sufficient. Or maybe, they did? But the walls are empty, they wouldn’t………….

 

Oh, of course.. Of course they did that. Why?? Who on earth will look at the ceiling for the sign??!!! Geez.. Calm down, Minseok.. Calm down… So now, I’ll just follow the sign. Who cares if I late for an hour? At least I came. Well the thought is what that count right??

 

XoXoXoXoXoXoXo

 

“Basically you’re saying, you’re late for 75 minutes on your very first day because you couldn’t find the sign??” the boy before me asked incredulously.

Well, that’s what I just said actually, so I just nodded. Can’t he ask more intellectual question? Now that I know he’s actually the president of this so called Orientation week. And I guess he’s the grease the two weird guy talking about. Well technically he’s Kris.

“Don’t you think that wasn’t a good excuse for you tardiness? How can the other manage to find the main hall if that’s actually a good reason?”

I just shrugged. “Well, I don’t think that everyone will walk while looking at the ceilings.” I stopped. Trying my best to try and read the emotion of the giant boy before me. “But on the second thought, maybe they did so that’s why they find the sign.. Guess I’m the weird one then. Perhaps you should just give me the punishment…”

‘Burn~~’ his friend, I assume, not-so-whisper among them. The taller look at me as if I’m an annoying insect and he wants to crush me with rolled paper or perhaps his big palms.

“Is that sass I’m hearing??”

God, what’s with him? That’s just me being honest. Perhaps my mom is right. Maybe I speak in different language. I should call it Minseok language. Or Min-ish? Yes, that’s better.

“I’m talking to you..” his loud voice booming again. Did I tell before? He had a deep voice that perhaps deeper than the swimming pool behind my house. And I hate the pool, so I hate his voice.

“I heard you the first time.. Look, I’m not sassing or anything.. I just want this to end, face whatever you’d give and have my merry way returning to my room like the others..” I smiled with all the patience I had.

The tall boy’s friend looked at me as if I had grows antenna on my head or something. Guess they’re shocked to hear me talked back. Well, don’t see that one coming, right?

“Very well then, you are going to face hell this week and that’ll be you punishment..” he smirked before waving his hand. Dismissing me as if I’m a kid wanting for his parent attention…

 

XoXoXoXoXoXoXo

 

“I want you to touch the lamp.” Kris grinned.

Boy didn’t he is just prove how much of a jerk he is? It’s hurt to admit but I’m a freaking midget. Can’t he see that? Geez, people will even think I’m his son if we ever walk together. Not like I want to walk with him or something.

“Is that reluctant I see??” he tippy toes and wow, his finger reached the damn lamp.  I just can’t, what these kids nowadays eat that they can grow that tall?? I bet my mom don’t feed me enough milk. Oh, wait.. I don’t drink milk.  I hate it, even despise it.

“Now that isn’t hard. See?? It’s not like I hold a grudge on you and make you do weird things..”

Yeah, and I’m 180cm. Just keep deluding yourself. I try to do whatever the king commanded. I even jump slightly. And of course, I couldn’t reach it. My batch mate (read=the unfortunate soul trapped with me in the Orientation Week) chuckled no so subtly. God bless your soul traitors..

A chair is placed in front of me and a boy my height popped with a bright smile I believe I’m in toothpaste commercial. Is he an angel? My savior~~

“Think before you do something buddy..” he patted my shoulder.

“You’re no fun Joonmyeonnie~~” Kris- wow is that my imagination or he did really just pout.

“And you’re bad, cousin..”

 

XoXoXoXoXoXoXo

 

 

“I didn’t tell you to buy iced Americano.” He stands still in front of the door. Effectively blocking and stopping me from entering the hall right after lunch break.

“Yes, you didn’t?” I reluctantly asked. I’m being happy to early. He’s not knocking on my room door like a complete retard he is this morning, and I thought he wouldn’t mess with me today. Who am I even kidding?

“So why did you buy it? I don’t drink Americano.”

“I don’t care you drink it or not. That’s for me after all.”

“Now that’s the problem. I want something to drink. My throat is killing me.”

“What??” now that’s ridiculous. What the heck this giant wanted from me now?

“Buy me something.”

“But I’ll be late by then..”

“Well then….” He snatched my precious iced Americano, sipped on it and walks away as if he owns the world. And he says he didn’t drink Americano. Pshh…

 

 

XoXoXoXoXoXoXo

 

 

“But it’s not like I’m the only one who didn’t do the cheers.!!” I tried to argue. TRIED. Yeah, and it seems Kris didn’t buy it.

“But I saw only you. Are you ashamed of it? Should I let you do it alone?” he cooed me. The nerve he has! I’m older than him by a few month!!! Geez, kid these days.. I’m disappointed, really.

“It’s not fair! Most of them didn’t do that!” I pointed to the crowd of my supposed to be batch mate. And hear someone saying ‘Pointing is rude’, someone else agreeing and some even says ‘My mom hated it’. I’ll just deal with that later.

“And that’s not my fault you just seems to saw only me. That’s God gift that I’m irresistible.”

Collective gasps can be heard. Before numerous type of cough takes over. Well, truth can be pain sometimes es~~

And then he laughed. With that deep voice, he laughed. Haven’t I say how much I hate his deep voice? I swear I have. It’s probably deeper than the sea (I’m not quoting XOXO song, seriously).

“Whatever then pumpkin.. I’m giving you guy one simple rule. You guys are not going back to your dorm as long as I can see any of you slacking. We can all sleep here in this hall, I don’t even care. I’m watching all of you. Especially you, sweet cheeks..” he poked my precious cheek and smiled evilly. And I swear I can hear my batch mate growling around me.

 

That’s actually terrifying.

 

XoXoXoXoXoXoXo

 

“I want you to blow the bulb till it goes off.”

“Excuse me?”

“Blow. The. Bulb.”

“I. Am. Not. Deaf. Why the hell should I do that?”

“Dunno. It seems fun. Remember that one time I want to mess with you but then my so-nice-cuz interrupted? I kind of wanted to do that today.”

“Do it yourself.”

“No can’t do. Today is the last day of our orientation, yes? But who say I can’t extend it from Orientation Week to Orientation Month?” he is devil reincarnation!!!

I can recall all the glares directed to me when we had to stay up till 2 am practicing the stupid cheers and it’s not like I’m the only one who’s guilty. They made it as if I’m the one. Guess I’ll die by their stares if I refuse in this one. Full pouted on.

“Fineeee!!!!”

I can see him stiffened for a while before had that smirk on his handsome face. Wait, did I say handsome? No, not handsome.. Well, not THAT handsome..

“See! It doesn’t hurt at all. Now lads, let us sing Happy Birthday to our dear friend here..”

He is a devil reincarnation and the others are his pawn. Satans..

 

 

XoXoXoXoXoXoXo

 

“The day we officially finished the Orientation week is the best moments in my life. You remember that right?”

Joonmyeon nodded.

“And I can still smile even when I found out he had the same Philosophy of Science lecture with me..” my voice cracked, I can’t contain the sadness.

“But why Dr Rose paired me up with him? What did I do in the past to have such a bad fortune? Why Joonmyeonnie? Why??” I’m a bit over reacted, admitted. But then again why I must paired up with Kris of all people for our upcoming project?

“I don’t think it’s that bad Minseokkie.. And it had nothing to be done with your fortune. It’s just that your name is behind him, and Dr Rose is pairing us accordingly.”

“It is bad. In fact, it’s disaster. It’s wrong in many aspects. Why on earth my mom put my name as Xiumin Kim in the university registration form? That’s my alias goddamn it. I even have my name written as Kim Minseok in my identification card. And of course Xiumin Kim will be behind Wu Yifan. That’s weird name after all. Who will put Chinese name on their Korean son goddamn it!!” I ranted to my best friend. I pitied him, but that’s what friend for, right?

“Maybe you can just ignore the project?” Joonmyeon timidly asked.

“That worth 30 marks of my final exam this semester though.”

“Then just do it. He ain’t gonna eat you.”

“Says you.” And he chuckled.

“You’re funny Minseokkie.. Everything will be fine..” he patted my head that is in his lap and we went silent for a while---

 

 

 

“So.. You think I can ask Dr Rose to exchange partner? I think I can handle his creepy friend that used to hyperventilate and call me Baozi all the time rather than him?” I asked. I’m fiddling with his fingers that previously patting my head. I’m hoping to hear some encouragement from him if possible. But he just keeps silent.

“It’ll be good then, the baozi boy and the creepy deer. I think I can even help..” the voice.

Oh God, anything, anyone but him. I silently pray and get up from Joonmyeon’s lap. Of course, who am I even kidding? Everything will always against me. The tall cold looking boy is practically trying to freeze me with his glare. And I’m sensitive to cold, so I shuddered.

 

#End of Minseok’s pov#

 

 

Xo- Behind the Scene –Xo

-First day of Orientation-

 

 

“Come on Luhan.. Kris wants us to be back at the hall now.” Lay tried his best to drag the wriggling boy with him. He might be slim but boy he perhaps weight ton with all the steam buns he eat whenever he deems missing his hometown. Lay scowl. Luhan is Beijing boy and last time he check Beijing is a damn city.

“But I saw him Yixing.. I saw the boy of my dreams. His baozi cheek, he reminds me of China.. The epitome of cuteness!!” he squeal. Here comes his obsessive-possessive complex of everything cute. And he claimed he’s manly.

“I’m so done of this .” He whispered under his breath. Just as he wanted to slap some sense in Luhan pretty head, he remembered the promised he made to Luhan’s mother. That he’ll take a good care of Luhan and help his older cousin in Korea – the reason why his mom allowed him to work in Korea as dance instructor in the first place. He sighed, I’m the only sane China boy among us and they called me airy head. 

He grasped the older boy scrawny wrist, and shook the life out of him. “Listen here, Luhan. You’re the older among us so act like it. We’ll be going to Kris place and take your room key so that I can tuck you in bed, then I’ll gladly back to my home and have some sleep because unlike you that’ll have some fun playing around with the junior, I have to come with new dance for the new stupid group that’ll debut.. Did I make myself clear??”

He expect Luhan to nodded, or tear a bit because why not? Yixing is actually showing his charismatic self for the first time. But the soft “Baozi…” caught him out guard.

“What??”

“Baozi…” his cousin is still dreamily watching something from afar. So, he snapped his head to look at the thing before he had to dodge his head and save his ears when his cousin shouted -

“Baoziiiiiiii~~~”

out loud and running away towards his prey. Yixing sighed heavily, put on his high (blank) face before helping the unsuspecting man from his beloved cousin.

 

 

First chapter is up.. Tell me what you think of this fic.. Comments make me happy. When I’m happy, I’ll try to update faster.. Or not?? Should I try that ‘I’ll update once I get 5 comments’ thing???