My Boyfriend: Sick

My Boyfriend

Requested by: aeoliar


"I swear to god Taekwoon if you try to move one more time I will tie you down." Hongbin threatened, glaring down at Taekwoon who was finally sitting still. Although he was pouting slightly. "Was that so hard?" Hongbin smiled at the glare that was now being directed towards him. He could see Taekwoon opening his mouth to speak and although no sound was coming out, he could hear the very strained sound of his vocal chords trying to work. Why was he making Taekwoon stay in bed? Well, by some sick joke, Taekwoon had laryngitis along with a small cold. When Hongbin woke up that morning to a slightly baffled looking Taekwoon trying to speak, he wasn't ashamed to admit that he spent a good five minutes laughing. "How could you get laryngitis?" It baffled the both of them, but it was still up to Hongbin to take care of his sick boyfriend.

And so there they were, Taekwoon covered in blankets and Hongbin standing over him, threatening to tie him down because the other was stubbornly insisting he could go to work. "I already called out sick for you so you can't." Hongbin stuck his tongue out at Taekwoon and laughed once more at the glare. "Now stay here, I'm going to make you some tea and soup." Closing the bedroom door softly behind him Hongbin set to work in the kitchen. The water for the tea was already in the kettle and it took a bit of searching before he found their ginger tea (he had a sneaking suspcion Taekwoon hid it because he hated the taste). He was in the middle of searching for ingredients for the soup when he felt two pairs of arms wrap around his waist and pull him back so he was resting against Taekwoon's chest. The older's forehead was resting on his shoulder and he couldn't help the small smile on his face. "Didn't I tell you to stay in bed?" His question was met by a small whine and the arms tightened. How in the hell he managed to get someone who was usually reserved and stoic but turned into a child when sick still surprised Hongbin.

"You're such a child." Hongbin rolled his eyes as he delicately unwrapped himself and turned to look at Taekwoon's pouting face. "Let me finish making tea and I'll be right there, okay?" A small nod. The kettle was almost ready to scream from the steam escaping and he decided it was ready enough, gently pouring the hot water in the mug and tying the tea bad to the handle. Holding his hand out, he turned back to Taekwoon. "Come on." He noted that the usually cool hands were warm, meaning he would have to take extra caution so he wouldn't catch a cold. But Taekwoon was clingy when sick and he was convinced it was because he wanted everyone to suffer if he was. Leading Taekwoon back to their bedroom, Hongbin set the tea down and tucked him back in, handing him the mug. "You have to drink at least half before I agree to laying down." Another pout and a hand wrapped around his wrist, pulling him down to sit. "You're a child." Despite this, Hongbin laughed again and ruffled Taekwoon's hair, snickering at his handiwork.

Surprisingly, Taekwoon drank the tea with no complaint other than a small strangled gagging noise. And not one to go against his word, Hongbin crawled back underneath the covers and let Taekwoon cuddle next to him while he emailed his boss telling him he couldn't get into work. He had no idea how long it took for Taekwoon's breathing to even back out, but he still didn't move, instead mucking around on the internet. It made basically doing nothing that day worth it when he woke up to Taekwoon waking him up with a kiss on his cheek and what sounded like a promise to make dinner.

 


so that was a thing. i hope you like it c: (side note: laryngitis is a to deal with and I've made my own sign language for it. my best friend is fluent in it cx (cause I legit got it eight times in the past four years. senior year took the cake with four times in one year))