The first time I talked to you , I was afraid to like you

The One

 

The love I was searching for pt.2

 


 

Woohyun was restless. It was already quite late, to be exact the clock would hit midnight soon but his mind was running 100 miles a second. It took some time until the piece of information that he could actually contact his person of desirer but since it sunk in he can’t keep still. He was beaming with happiness with went to such an extent that he spammed and annoyed Howon and Sungyeol so long until they finally agreed to visit him. He was so excited to tell his friends this good news.

As he was once again already planning his growing friendship with Sunggyu, the door bell ringed once before a loud hammering started against his wooden door.

“Coming~”- He skipped to the door in a fairy like style which Howon would definitely make fun of but he was to drowled in his happiness to care at the moment. He opened the door in a swift move and revealed his two extremely annoyed looking friends.

“Took you long enough…”- Howon he grumbled and walked pass Woohyun, literally pushing the other to the side. He walked into the appartment with Sungyeol trailing closely behind him and the two of them jumped on the sofa to make themselves comfortable before they looked at their friend again.

“So why did you call us over at that time?”- Howon asked while pointing to the two empty glasses in front of him signalizing for Woohyun to get them something to drink if they had to listen to his , most of the time endless, stories.

“Yeah hyung I have to get out early tomorrow!!!!”- Sungyeol whined and rested his head on Howon’s shoulders.

“It’s worth it guys! I have to tell you someth-”- Woohyun started waving around with his arms from all the excitement but was stopped in the middle from Howon who shoved his glass in his friend’s face.
“First you get us something to drink, what for a ty host are you if I may ask?”- Woohyun grabbed the two glasses, run to the kitched filled them with whatever he had in his fridge and happened to be grabbed by him blindly. Seconds later he was back in the living room picking up from where he had stopped, handing his friends their drinks - the first bottle happened to be pepsi.

“As I was saying before I have to tell you something, no rather show you!”- He fished around in the pockets of his pants and pulled out a little white card which he immediately showed his friends with a great smile on his lips.

The two of them eyed the card for a few moments, trying to come up with a response for their hyper friend which wouldn’t be much of an insult but Howon simply couldn’t stop the words from flowing out of his mouth.

“Wow, a white piece of paper ….I’m so proud that you managed to buy something so rare without problems. You’ve grown into a real man wow I’m speechless…”- Howon said monotone already feeling the urge to simply rib his friends head off.

“Noo look it’s a business card. The color is only a little light by now.”- Sungyeol mumbled but he was too lazy to actually read it, it didn’t look like it was worth reading it according to the pictures on it.

“ man as if I could read that, I have a of an eye sight without my contact lenses or my glasses and I have non of them with me so stop being a lazy and read it out already!”

“Jesus…So uhm it says ‘Miss Kwang’s cleaning service, opening hours from 9am to 10pm’.”

“Are you ing kidding me Nam Woohyun? I have dance classes from morning till dawn tomorrow and you call me out because you’ve got yourself a new cleaning service?”

“What no! Oh my god where is it?!”- The panic rose within him and he looked through all his pockets but nothing also nothing inside of his closed laptop, he couldn’t find it. The business card of Sunggyu was lost, he seriously lost it without saving his number or even look at it again after he had put it into his pants pocket.

“I lost it…”- He mumbled and felt like crying, he slumped down and now sat right next to Howon who was looking at him.

“You lost what? You still have Miss Kwang’s card.”

“I got Sunggyu’s card today that was what I wanted to show you…”- Woohyun whined and brought his hands up his face.

“Sunggyu like in Kim Sunggyu aka your crush ?!”- Sungyeol jumped up now wide awake again and looked at Woohyun with pleading eyes.

“Yes, that one.”

“You saved is number didn’t you?!”

“..no.”

“You remember his email address, right??”- Woohyun shook his head and Sungyeol groaned face-palming himself.

“One question, how can you be this stupid?”- Howon asked shaking his head signing.

“I don’t know…”

 

Sunggyu looked at his phone screen or the nth time only to lock it seconds later again, signing heavily. He has been doing this for days and Dongwoo just could bear it anymore.

“Sunggyu-hyung what’s wrong, are you waiting for a call?”- He asked and took the phone out of his friend’s hands to have a look through it.

“Gimme my phone back!”- Sunggyu whined but still couldn’t reach it as Dongwoo was holding it so high. Even with jumping Sunggyu couldn’t reach that high and he was asking himself how Dongwoo managed to hold his phone up so high when he, himself, wasn’t that tall.

“Nope, I give it back when you give me a proper answer and don’t avoid it like you did all week long.”- Dongwoo explained stern and Sunggyu slumped down rather looking at his hands then at his friend while mumbeling his concerns.

“He still hasn’t contact me, it’s been a week already…”

“Aahhh the cafè boy? Maybe his clothes don’t need to be cleaned or his laptop is still working so there is no need for him to contact you?”

“But even so isn’t it normal to contact the person nonetheless just to say that everything is fine?”

“Maybe he is busy?”

“If he can spent like the whole day in a cafè than he can spare a minute to send me a text for god’s sake or am I wrong!”

“Gyuzizi why are you so frustrated? I thought you’ve got his number from that date of yours? By the way I still can’t believe that you actually talked about another guy with a girl on a date instead talking about her or something like that.”

“Yeah…I have his number but I can’t just call and be like ‘heyyyy I’m that dude who pushed you into snow~’ and then when he asks where the hell I got his number I would have to answer that I got it from the girl I wasn’t interested in while talking about him on my date with her…I think that sounds really creepy and well I don’t want to.”

“Mhmm okay you’ve got a point but he’s always in that cafè right? Why don’t we go today? I accompany you so you’re not alone and as soon as we see him I’m off my way~ I have an appointment today evening anyways”- Dongwoo exclaimed his idea with twinkles in his eyes, proud of himself that he got that idea before Sunggyu even though about something as obvious as that.

“You’re a genius! That’s what we do!”- Sunggyu jumped up all in high spirits and pulled Dongwoo out of the office; they were done with their work for today anyways.

****

“Jesus…why are you two here again?!”- Woohyun groaned annoyed and dropped his hands on his lap, he couldn’t concentrate to write anyways with his two friends talking none stop.

The two of them stopped talking and looked to him with question marks on their faces.

“Namidiot we are here because you haven’t been writing for a week which is more than unusual. Therefore we are here to make sure you write!”- Howon said and Sungyeol nodded in agreement before he took another slip of his Americano. He just loved coffee.

“Yeah hyung we had to pull you out of your apartment and literally throw you in here! You spent almost all of your time writing in here so pull yourself together! He will eventually come by and get himself a coffee like he always does so keep cool. We get his number for you again, right Ho-hyung?!”- Sungyeol did a ‘fighting’ pose to Woohyun before he clapped hands with Howon who was nodding.

“You write about what ever your…I don’t know …secret imaginations or what ever while we look out for him, we have sometime left before we have to go so we gonna help you till then. Aren’t we the best friends ever?”

“Ohhh yeah we are!! But you focus again! I thought your book is really popular and if a book like yours with such a large story line is popular it get’s more books to be published or am I wrong?”- Sungyeol asked and looked at the screen of Woohyun’s laptop on which he was currently working on a document which was called ‘The Everland is where our love will begin’.

“I’m already writing on the second one, I already got an offer to publish it as soon as it’s done.“ -Woohyun scratched his neck lightly feeling his cheeks getting light rosy but as he felt the eyes of his friends on him after he mentioned such a big thing so casually.

“NOOOO are you serious?!!! Why didn’t you tell us??”- Sungyeol asked excited bouncing up and down.

“Yeah! When did you get the offer and why so fast? That it amazing! Congratulations man!!”

“I got the call today morning, I was surprised as well because they had told me that they would firstly check how my book was doing and after a few months of observing they would decide if I could publish the next volume. But yeah they called me today and gave me the okay. People seem to really like it, they told me that they were currently printing a new circulation because it’s sold out in most of the book shops.”- Woohyun explained shyly but couldn’t hind his smile nonetheless.

“Oh my god are you going to be super famous? Wahhhhh Howonnnn hyunggggg we are going to be the best friends of a best-seller author!!!!”

“Wahh keep it low! You are too loud!”- Woohyun shut down Sungyeol by putting his hands on his loud friend’s mouth. Sungyeol nodded furiously promising to keep his compose and Woohyun let go again.

“We are you’re biggest fans so the first print of your next book has to be ours!”- Howon said serious and Woohyun was nearly shocked at the seriousness in his friend’s voice. He nodded but before he could talk more about the topic Sungyeol had already shoved him back into writing.

“We celebrate later, you concentrate for now while we look for your mister lover.”- To say Woohyun was red to the neck after that statement from Sungyeol doesn’t need to be questioned.

****

Sunggyu was standing in front of the cafè’s glass doors as if he was a stature, not willing nor ready to enter.

“Woo I should had changed…”- He said with his eyes not leaving one certain spot or rather not leaving one certain person. Dongwoo was standing behind him and followed his line of sight until he saw what Sunggyu was starting at with this horrified expression on his face.

“I asked you if you wanted to change but you said no…Ohhhhh there is he!!! Let’s go in come on!!!!!”- Dongwoo said and before Sunggyu could do something against it he was already in the middle of the shop.

“Come Gyuzizi~ Don’t be so tense and nervous you hadn’t had such problems before your date with …I forgot her name sorry. Anyways come on let’s go! ”- Dongwoo whispered as he pushed him further to the table where Woohyun, Howon and Sungyeol were sitting.

“ I know! But I don’t know whhhhhhyyyyy, Dongwoo let’s go home.”- Sunggyu turned around to Dongwoo with pleading eyes but it was already to late, Dongwoo had already shoved him right in front of the table.


Howon looked at the two man in front of him for a second before he let his eyes met Sungyeol’s.

“I think we’re not celebrating today. He’s gonna have different plans.”- He whispered to Sungyeol who had wide eyes before they both looked back to the men in front of them. Woohyun was so into writing he hadn’t even noticed that someone had joined them.

Oh right!- Thought Howon before he forcefully closed Woohyun’s laptop, the other should see who came to meet him and in his option it maybe wouldn’t be the best for the other to see what his friend was writing about. It was him Woohyun was writing about nonetheless.

“What the ? What is wrong with you, you dickhead?!”- Woohyun asked pissed and was about to let out another string of curses but they died in his throat as soon as he looked up and his eyes met Sunggyu’s.

“Helloooooo~~ I’m Jang Dongwoo and this is Kim Sunggyu, sorry to crash in and interrupt you but I have to leave my friend in your care for now~ He was reaaaaalllyyy concerned about you because you haven’t contacted him. Well then see ya~”- Dongwoo exclaimed and Sunggyu wanted nothing but to either kill him or be swallowed from the floor. Dongwoo was so focused on Woohyun at first that only after he had introduced himself and Sunggyu so bluntly he noticed the two persons who where sitting next to the blond boy. Immediately a smile grew on his face.

“Oh hi Hoya!!! How are you? I’m soooo excited about today’s lesson!”- Dongwoo grinned from one ear to another.

“Hi Dongwoo! What a coincidence to met you here. By the way the guy next to me is Nam Woohyun and the troll in the corner is Lee Sungyeol. We come along with you, right Yeol?”- Howon dared Sungyeol to say anything other then a ‘yes’ and so it happened that Woohyun and Sunggyu were left behind.  

The three of them stud up and while Dongwoo and Howon where talking lively about something Sungyeol, Sunggyu and especially Woohyun were dumbfounded.

What?! Was Howon friends with Sunggyu’s friend and never told me about it?! Is he ing kidding me? I’ll grab him later and gonna squeeze him out! - Woohyun was shocked, he couldn’t tear his eyes away from his friend who seemed to have a lot to talk with Dongwoo but soon enough they left the cafè with  a helplessly looking Sungyeol trailing behind them.  Just then his attention was caught from Sunggyu, who was looking at him rather uncomfortably, constantly playing with his fingers.

“W-why don’t you take a seat?”- Woohyun asked nervously and patted the spot next to him where Howon had been sitting only minutes ago. Sunggyu nodded and sat down quietly. It was so quiet and awkward and if that wouldn’t be enough Woohyun couldn’t handle his own feelings. He had never been so close to his crush then now, yet he can’t bring his voice out.

“You don’t have a drink, right? I get you one, just a second!”- And off was Woohyun not even waiting for Sunggyu to say something. He needed a short moment to collect himself, now was his chance to become friends. To get closer and then maybe, just maybe things would work out just like he yearned for. He went to the counter immediately ordered something and without any hesitation bought Sunggyu his favorite tea.

He gave the cup of red strawberry tea to Sunggyu with a smile hanging on his lips and his mind was finally calm again.

“Thank you, it’s even my favorite! How did you know?”- Sunggyu took a slip and let the taste relax  all his senses, while Woohyun had a mental panic attack. He bought it without thinking, of course he knew the older’s favorite since he was observing him for quite some time but he can’t possibly say that.

“A lucky guess!”

“Woah not bad then, I love this tea~ To be quite honest I really love the cafè itself as well, such a nice atmosphere.”

“Totally agree with you!” - Finally they started a casual conversation which led them from one topic to another and soon all the awkwardness was blown away and replaced by laughing and sympathy. The hours went by in no time, in fact it was already so late that the cafè would soon close.

They got carried away to such an extent that Sunggyu had forgotten about the actual reason he wanted to talk to Woohyun in first place. He just enjoyed the younger’s company so much, he was very friendly, talkative, open-minded and you had fun talking with him -  all qualities Sunggyu liked about people. Not to mention that the younger blond male had tones more of qualities Sunggyu liked about him.

In the end it really happened that the two managed to ignore the clock as well as the opening and closing times of the shop and they literally got sling out from one of the workers.

Now they were standing out side, it was cold, already night and very dark outside with nearly no stars visible in the sky.

“Wow I’ve never gotten sling out of a cafè before.”- Sunggyu laughed whole heartily.

“I got a few times! I think even in that cafè, but I spent so much time in there writing that I sometimes forget about the time. Kinda feeling bad for the workers.”- Woohyun laughed along and his heart was beating fast.

“Oh now that you mention it, you didn’t contact me! I was really worried about your laptop, is everything alright? Nothing broken or defect?”

“Yeah I’m really sorry about that…I actually lost your card before I could contact you.”- Woohyun admitted and was visibly embarrassed by the fact that he managed it to lose a card within a only a few hours.

“That’s indeed bad, can I have your cell for a moment?”

“Uhm sure?”- Woohyun handed his cell phone to Sunggyu who was busy typing something into it. He then called himself with Woohyun’s phone and gave it back to the younger man.

“Here you are. I saved my number and my email. Let’s meet up again, I own you a tea after all!” - Sunggyu grinned happily and waved a goodbye before he disappeared into the dark night.


Woohyun felt never happier than now, he was sure he fell even harder for the cute man.

********


Howon had a day off and was looking forward to do something pleasant. But instead of having fun or sleeping a bit longer, he was sitting on his couch having to listen to a never ending scolding from Woohyun.

His friend banged on his door as soon as the clock had hit 8 o’clock in the morning and Howon didn’t even want to open the door in first place. Rather he didn’t even want to leave his warm bed but the knocking on his door got only louder and he was slightly afraid that the person would break a hole in his door. Therefore he stud up with slow steps, continuously yelling ‘I’m on my way!’, so the person would stop and then opened the door only to be met by Woohyun.

He looked his friend in the eyes and closed the door again.

No I definitely will not deal with your so early in the moring Nam…I had classes till dawn. I’m tired as …

“Open that door Lee Howon! I’m gonna knock so long and so loud not only you but your neighbours are going to wake up to and if I’m not wrong your land lord is living on your floor.”- Woohyun threatened and seconds later the door was swung open and he pulled in with a hash move.

“Shut the up Namidiot, you’re going to wake up the old nag and you and I don’t want that, trust me.”- His landlord was a older lady but she wasn’t nice as you would expect from a lady which could be your grandmother no she was a devil and Howon hated it to have to deal with her. She banged on his door often enough so he didn’t need Woohyun to make him have even more trouble with the lady.

“So what do you want? I told you yesterday that I have to work at till late in the night…I’m pretty tired you see.”

“Yeah, yeah alright. You can sit down on your couch I don’t really care.”- And so Howon made his way to his couch but he had a mad feeling about Woohyun’s visit.

“So now what?”- He asked looking up to Woohyun.

“You!”- WOohyun pointed at Howon with his index finger and Howon knew now would start a very long monolog from his friend.

“You are friends with Sunggyu’s best friend, are you ing kidding me?! Why didn’t you tell me? I was whining all along that I wanted to be close to Sunggyu and then you come around being all lovely- dovely with Dongwoo. man what is wrong with you? You know how much I like Sunggyu.. I thought you’re my friend why didn’t you help me with that, when your already close with his friend?”

“Woohyun I didn’t know, I’m sorry okay?”- Howon breathed out scratching his neck but it was the truth he had only learned yesterday that Sunggyu was the ‘best friend’ Dongwoo always mentioned.

“How the hell did you not know? How did you become close in first place and why was he calling you Hoya? I thought only I knew that nickname since I gave it to you as we were kids!”

“Woohyun calm down, yill ya? If you weren’t such a pisser of a friend you would know why he called me like this…”

“Okay then tell me I’m all ears.”

“You ing dickhead! That is how I’m called as a dancer, I’m a dance teacher if you haven’t forgotten by now. My students and colleges call me like that and I used Hoya as a name because  I liked the name and because I got it from my best friend who wasn’t able to come to one of my classes ever since I started working there! You visited Sungyeol at his day-care once but never have you even thought about looking at the things I do.”- Howon was getting frustrated with his friend and he didn’t really liked that he was sounding like a whining chick but it was the truth after all. He loved his job and was proud to teach different styles of dance and he would love to show Woohyun after all he was the one who got him the job to begin with.

“Oh..so he is your student?”

“Yes you .”

“I thought he was maybe your boyfriend or something because you two seemed to be one the same wavelength.”

“N-no! W-what are you saying? He takes the evening Hip-Hop classes I have. He is a really passionate dancer and very friendly and open. We aren’t really friends but we like to talk when he’s in my class. I didn’t know that Sunggyu was his friend, he had never mentioned names. I’m sorry okay? I was kinda surprised too, yesterday.”- Howon was all red in his face he was blushing because of the boyfriend question, angry because of his friend and pissed because Woohyun thought he would hid something so important from him.

“…am of a friend, right?”- Woohyun sat down on the couch next to his angry friend looking at his lap.

“ man yes you are…I wouldn‘t be as cruel not to help you with Sunggyu if I had known that Dongwoo was his best friend. Come on! I know how much you like, no love that man, I’ve read you book after all! ”

“I’m sorry…”

“You are forgiven, how did it go yesterday?”-  Woohyun’s eyes twinkled in excitement about this question. He was about to open his mouth again to let the story flow but he received a text which certainly attracted his attention.

**********


“Urghhhhh.”- Sunggyu groaned and slumped together, letting his head hit the table. He turned his face a bit on the cool surface so he was able to see Dongwoo, who had a really rare look on his face -  he was annoyed.

“Sunggyu…just text him if you want to do meet up. Jesus you are seriously getting on my nerves by now and it takes long for me to get annoyed. Staring holes at your cell will not help you with this.”

“But I cannnn’t.”

“Why so? I think you’re still able to write a text message, you still have all 10 fingers and your brain is still working therefore I see no problem with this.”

“Aish you don’t get it…”- Sunggyu turned his face away from Dongwoo and sulked, his eyes still on the open text message window on his phone.

“What is it that I don’t get?”- Dongwoo was getting impatient with his slightly older friend, he was behaving more and more like some teenager.  

“It’s only been a day, if I send him a text now he’s gonna think that I’m some kind of a creep or something like that.”

“Uh I feel like having a déjà vu… just text him! You’re not a girl with a stupid three-days-before-I-call-my-future-boyfriend rule, come on! You don’t want to get laid, you just want to be friends so there is not such a thing as a rule telling you at what point you can contact him.” - Sunggyu was bright red after that statement and while his mind was imagine all sorts of scenarios Dongwoo slipped out his cell phone and started to type a few words.

 
“Oh my god Dongwoo NO! Gimme my phone!”- Sunggyu pleaded as he saw the big smile Dongwoo had, this meant nothing good.

“I’ll write an invitation myself if you don’t do so, now is your last chance to decide. I can’t stand you whopping over Mr. writer any longer.”

“Okay, okay I’ll write it but just delete whatever you’ve written by now.” - Dongwoo handed his friend the small device and was fully satisfied. Sunggyu stared down but he was so clueless about what he should write, he didn’t want to occur dispread nor did he want to sound lame. Dongwoo as the good friend he was noticed immediately.

“Gyuzizi didn’t you see a new waffle store a few days ago?”- The older nodded and waited for his friend to continue.

“Go with Woohyun instead of me, treat him for waffles instead of a coffee. If he likes sweet stuff then you can maybe be cake buddies or something along this lines if you know what I mean.”- Dongwoo grinned and Sunggyu’s eyes lit up, that was the perfect idea. Casual but not to standard.

“That‘s a good idea! Thanks~”



TO: Woohyun-ah


Hey~

Are you free today? I saw an awesome looking waffle store today. Let’s check it out! My treat of course, having some waffles instead of coffee wouldn’t be bad right?
Looking forward to receive a positive answer from you~



“What did you write?”- Dongwoo asked happily after Sunggyu had sent the rather short text.

“Nothing to special, just what you came up with but I kind of lied and wrote that I saw the store today but a white lie isn’t an actual lie, right?”- Sunggyu grinned back and not a second later he had already received a response.


FROM: Woohyun-ah

Hi hyung!

Of course I’m free! :D It’s been quite a while since I ate waffles, I’m in. Let’s get some~ When are you done with work? I can fetch you if you want.



TO: Woohyun-ah

Urgh I’ve actually just started work…( I want to go home anyways) but I have lunch break in one hour. We could meet up then. What do you think about that?




FROM: Woohyun-ah

Sure why not, how long is your break? And should or should I not fetch you? Or should we meet up somewhere near the store?




TO: Woohyun-ah

Almost two hours because I’ve worked to much in the last weeks so there are to many overwork hours. Thanks for the offer but I would suggest to meet up at the our cafè since it’s not that far away from that waffle store plus none of us will get lost that way.


FROM: Woohyun-ah

Okay let’s do that then but hyung what do you think of us? We aren’t some elementary kids who would get lost in the city. …..or do you think I would get lost while looking for you? If that’s the case I’m a bit hurt.



TO: Woohyun-ah

Haha don’t be hurt Woohyun-ah~ I don’t mean it like that but even I got lost the on the way to my company on the day of my interview. ( That was so lame I’m telling ya! I’m still surprised I got the job even though I was 15 minutes late and only got to find the right building with the help of a granny,…. dear lord that’s even more lame) Anyways! See you later~


FROM: Woohyun-ah

Ohh poor Sunggyu-hyung~ But you’re not lame! See you later then!


Sunggyu looked his phone and shoved it back into his pocket, not even caring about hiding the beaming smile he had.

“Ohhhhhh Gyuuuuuziziiii you are so cute when you smile like that~~~~ Is someone happy or am I just imagine things?~”

“Ugh shut up Dongwoo.” - Sunggyu grinned and shoved his friends face away, one hour left before he could see Woohyun again and he was feeling excited, but he wasn’t so sure why he felt like that in first place.


****************


“Hey Namidiot, mind telling me what’s going on? What did Sunggyu write? Well I guess it’s from Sunggyu you wouldn’t make such a fuss about anyone else.”- Howon watched how Woohyun was jumping up and down like a fool, hugging his cell phone to his chest. It was surely amusing.

“I have a date~”

“No ?”

“No ! In one hour.”

“Uhm does he know that it’s a date? What did he suggest to do?”- Howon mocked giggling.

“Wellllll maybe he doesn’t? I think of it as a lunch time date and period. He suggest to go out and eat waffles.”

“Waffles? I thought you’re not so into sweet stuff.”

“If it’s for him I would eat tones of sugar, no problem and waffles are always a good thing.” - Woohyun said dreamingly and looked down to his screen.

“Ohhhh sweet young love~”

“Pffff get yourself a lover already, you’re single for at least as long as I am but at least I have somebody I like and sure as hell he’s going to be mine!”- Woohyun exclaimed with a proud expression, he wanted nothing else as Sunggyu, so maybe this wish would him be granted.

“Cocky aren’t ya?”- Howon looked at him judgingly and rose one of his eye brows as his friend stuck out his tongue.

“Okay enough of that you seven year old, get your beauty boy and leave me alone. I’m still tired. I root for you and bye!”- He shoved his blond haired friend out of his apartment and closed the door right behind him. After one swift move through his hair with his fingers he made his way back to his bed- he was indeed still tired.

Get myself a lover…haha as if that was so simple. -He thought bitterly and seconds later the sleep got him again.




The hour went by so fast that Woohyun was already standing in front of the cafè waiting for Sunggyu to arrive. He was nervous but he hoped it wasn’t so obvious. He couldn’t help but check his appearance every few seconds, he wanted to look good. Even though it was supposed to be a quick and easy-going meeting Woohyun styled himself as if he would go out or dinner. His hair styled up, very tight black skinny jeans which hugged his long legs perfectly and underneath his thick winter jacket was a nicely black and white dress-shirt. Just as he was about to pull out his cell phone again to check whether his hair was still good Sunggyu appeared from behind and placed his face on Woohyun’s shoulder so he was also in the reflection of the cell phone screen.

“Hello~ You look good no need to check~”- Sunggyu grinned and blushed a little bit.

“Woah you startled me.”

“Sorry but come on let’s go.”- Sunggyu smiled and pulled Woohyun with him. The walk wasn’t so far since the store was really quite near. The entered the lovely shop and the sweet smell of waffles filled the air. They were quick to order something and chose a table.

Not long after they had ordered their sweet treats they already arrived. It tasted fantastic, the waffle was still warm and the cool ice cream on top it made it a unique mix.

They had been chatting about almost everything but Sunggyu couldn’t help his curiosity anymore.

“So Woohyun-ah what are you doing for your living actually? I only ever see you writing.”

“That’s because I’m a writer, I write texts for magazines, newspapers and websites. What are you working as?”- Woohyun smiled and wanted nothing but to change the subject he didn’t want to mention that he was a newcomer author, dear lord no. If Sunggyu would come across his novel the older would certainly be grossed out.

“I’m an editor! I love books therefore I made my passion my job.” - Sunggyu said dreamingly and Woohyun felt how his heart sunk into the pit of his stomach.

Oh my god…an editor…..

“A-ah you are? That’s really cool. For what publisher do you work?”- Woohyun asked cautiously, he hoped with all his heart that it wasn’t the publishing company that he had a contact with.

“Woollim, it’s one of the biggest. Maybe you’ve already heard about it. I’m in the Fantasy and Mystery Department since I like this genres the most.” - Woohyun had an internal mental breakdown from all publishing companies it had to be the one that had just publish his first book.

For God’s sake why? Why Woollim? Of course I’ve heard of them. I had a talk with them not long agoooooo. At least he’s in the wrong Department so he will never edit my book.

“You like Fantasy? So what’s the genre you dislike?”

“Romance.”- The older muttered and Woohyun felt like the whole world was alright again, Sunggyu wouldn’t read his book. Their still growing relationship would be okay. What he didn’t know was that Dongwoo would certainly read his books.  


******


Days, weeks and even months passed in a blink of an eye but Woohyun was feeling happier than he had ever in his life. After the first time he met up with Sunggyu he was slightly afraid that it would be the last time for them to casually meet. In the end the things went in another direction. He couldn’t even count how often he had met Sunggyu in the last months, he invited him and vice versa. He couldn’t be any happier and he was sure that this was affecting his friends and his work too.

Never in his life did he had more ideas and spirit than now, he loved to spent time with the person he loved and he noticed so many loveable things. For example how Sunggyu’s beautiful eyes lid up the moment the older dig into a strawberry cream cake or how his cheeks would turn slightly red when Woohyun complimented him in a way or how he would tear up when they watched a sad movie, the list was endless. Woohyun wanted to learn everything about Sunggyu, starting from all the things he hated to the things he loved, how his childhood was and how he is imagining his future.

And with warm feelings in his heart the snow melted away and the cherry trees started to bloom. A spring romance that was something Woohyun really dreamt of but he would never confess his feelings to his beloved Sunggyu. No, he would not risk to destroy the friendship that had developed in this last four months. Never would he risk that. He rather stay friends forever but could be close to him then spilling his secret and getting rejected leaving this awful atmosphere between them which would result in them drifting apart. His heart breaks only by the thought of this.

He considered himself already as a close friend of Sunggyu and it was certainly the truth. They saw each other almost everyday. They would have a meal together whether it be breakfast, lunch or dinner; or they met up in the café during the weekdays. Weekends were still Woohyun’s favorite sometimes they went to the movie theater or had their own movie evening at either Sunggyu’s or at his own apartment. He loved it and definitely saw it as dates.

As their friendship grew Woohyun noticed how touchy Sunggyu got, his friend really liked skin-ship or so it at least seemed to Woohyun. He surely enjoyed the light touches he was constantly receiving from Sunggyu. One at the things he definitely grew to love was the fact that when Sunggyu needed someone to lean on or simply hold his hand when he was sad, he wouldn’t only consider Dongwoo but would end up knocking on his door; even when it was past midnight. Sunggyu knew Woohyun had always a place for him to stay and that he would listed to his stories, the younger was a good listener and would always answer thoughtfully and Sunggyu really appreciated that.


For Sunggyu himself it was strange to believe that Woohyun already captured such a big space in his heart. He really liked the other and even though he actually had problems with getting close with people, the blond haired boy was as important and close to him as Dongwoo. Woohyun was surely his best friend by now, although he would never tell the younger about that. He now had two best friends who he loved equally much, so at least he thought but if he for once listened to his heart than he knew that he loved one of them more than the other.


********


Sunggyu walked down the pedestrians way humming to himself. He had a great mood, work was fun and he had prepared something special.
He couldn’t stop grinning and his grin turned into a huge smile as he spotted Woohyun in the corner mercilessly typing on the keybord of his golden laptop. Sunggyu entered the café and walked to his friend before he shortly after took a seat next to the focused boy.  Sunggyu thought it was amazing yet funny how Woohyun could be so fucused that he noticed notight that was going on next to him. Therefore the younger didn’t notice Sunggyu sitting next to him but once Sunggyu placed his head on the younger’s shoulder he snapped out of his trounce.

“Woohyunie~ What are you writing?”- Sunggyu asked cutely and moved his head a bit so it would be more comfortable.

Woohyun’s eyes widen and he immediately closed his laptop to make sure the older would not have a change to read through his written text.

“A-ah Gyu-hyung, noting m-uch just some boring texts for a m-medicine magazine…really boring. Anyways what are you doing here? Don’t you have work for another two hours?” - Woohyun looked nervously and swallowed hard hoping Sunggyu would buy his lie.  He turned his face a bit, making sure Sunggyu could still rest on his shoulder comfortably. Sunggyu’s face was only an eyelash away and he was oh so slightly blushing which made the older male looking even more beautiful than he already was.

“Y-yeah actually today I would have to work longer but I got the last two hours off….Did you by any chance memorized my schedule?”

“Should I be honest?”- Woohyun laughed and scratched his neck lightly but ended up nodding anyways.

“This is kinda cute.”- Sunggyu grinned happily. “ So I don’t want to interrupt you any longer but do you want to come over today?”

“I’d love to! Should I bring something along?”

“No need to I went shopping yesterday and I’m gonna cook something good for you.”- Sunggyu said confidently but Woohyun couldn’t stop the giggle to leave his mouth which resulted in the older pouting.

“Yah! I can cook! Y-you just eat t-the wrong thing, okay?!”- The caramel haired boy lifted his head from Woohyun’s shoulder only to slap the younger on his arm.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry I believe you. Everything you cook will taste just right, sorry again. I’m looking forward to taste your tasty food.”

“That just saved you just saying.”- Sunggyu stud up and hugged Woohyun as a goodbye.

“See you later then~ When should I crash into yours?”

“Uhm I think seven is a good time. See you in two hours then.”- Sunggyu waved and left the cafè leaving a stupidly grinning Woohyun behind who opened his laptop again, writing as if there was no tomorrow. He had a deadline to cope up with after all.

**********


Sunggyu was standing in his kitchen, his hands up his hair looking at the mess that was once a piece of meat.

“.”- He mouthed and sighed loudly.  He was so bad at cooking it wasn’t funny anymore. To make his miserable worse the two hours were near its end which meant Woohyun would come in less then halve an hour.

“Okay Sunggyu think, there must be something that I can make.”- Sunggyu opened his fridge and looked through the drawers.

“The is nothing in there anymore….shiiiittt why do I always do stuff like that?”- He asked himself and flopped down on a chair, not forgetting to turn of the stove. He really wanted to impress Woohyun with his, actually non existing, cooking skills. He had spent hours on looking through ’easy yet delicious’ dinner recipes, he found one and was more then confident that he could make it. It looked simple only following each step but in the end the roasted piece of pork looked more like a piece of coal.   

Sunggyu felt like crying in the past he basically gave a about such things, but it was different with Woohyun in a way. He wasn’t sure why but it was. Ever since he ate the unbelievable good food from Woohyun he wanted to make something that would make the younger have such a warm feeling in his stomach just like he had himself but well it didn’t work out the way he imagined it.

“It’s already smelling good in here.”- Woohyun mouthed resting his head on Sunggyu’s and hugged the older from behind even though the chair was in between them.

“Wahhh! You’re already here?”- He cried out in shock and felt utterly embarrassed by he thought of the mess that his kitchen was at the moment.

“You left the door open but I asked before I entered…well thinking back you didn’t answer. Sorry about that, anyways I’m quite hungry. What will I be served with?”- Woohyun turned the chair so that he was able to look at his friend’s face.

“I ..uhm…it’s kind of a mess…uhm maybe I sh-”

“No, no I want to eat it, it’s going to be okay.”- Woohyun grinned and shoved Sunggyu in the kitchen before he made his way to the dinning table.

“Oh Sunggyu-hyung do you have a vase somewhere?”

“Sure, in the first drawer!”- Sunggyu yelled while trying to decorate the plates with the slightly overcooked vegetables.

“Thank you!”- Woohyun pulled out a white one and placed the bouquet of red and white roses in it. A few moments later Sunggyu placed a plate right in front of him and then took a seat.

“I-it’s not that g-ood as I hoped, sorry. You don’t have to eat it.”

“Aigoo, it’s not going to be that bad. It looks quite good!”- Woohyun said smiling and took a bit from the meat. He felt like in one of this cliché sitcomes where the wife would look at her husband with glowing eyes hoping her food would be liked by her beloved while the man had the biggest troubles swallowing because the dish tasted horrible. Sunggyu looked at him with the same eyes and the food tasted everything but delicious. He swallowed and fighted with his lips to make a smile.

“It tastes good. You’ve improved.” - Woohyun half lied, Sunggyu indeed had improved but it was still far away from being good. But Woohyun would never say that, Sunggyu had spent a lot of time in the kitchen only for him. His heart was still feeling so warm only by the thought of Sunggyu standing in the kitchen preparing a meal for him.

“Really?!”- Sunggyu asked and his eyes lit up but the moment he tasted the meat the big smile on his face disappeared.

“ it tastes like crap, Wooohyunnnn you liar! I’m sorry….”

“I like it! Don’t make such a long face, cheer up~”- Woohyun tried to cheer his friend up but Sunggyu wasn’t feeling like smiling anymore. He looked down on his plate and started to play with the carrots on it. He’d never felt that crappy before.

Woohyun sighed once and pushed his finger through his soft blond locks, acidently runing his so perfectly styled hair, for what he had spent half an hour in the bathroom. He took his plate as well as Sunggyu’s and walked into the kitchen leaving a dumbfounded Sunggyu behind.

He placed the plates on the counter and turned around to peek his head out.

“You stay there and watch Tv or something like that okay? Give me 20 minutes.”

“Uhm okay?”- The elder sniffed lightly and it broke Woohyun’s heart. He wasn’t really found of his big love being sad or upset. Nontheless he focused his attention back to the counter on which all the food Sunggyu had mad stud before he opened the fridge to get a few things.

“Well then!”- He mumbled and started chopping onions. If Sunggyu wanted to have a self-made dinner he would get it.


15minutes had already passed and Sunggyu couldn’t hold still anymore, he wanted to know what Woohyun was doing in his kitchen. He couldn’t hear a thing since the younger had closed the door. He tip-toed to the wooden door and while passing his dinning table he finally noticed the flower buquet in the vase.

“Wahhhh Woohyun that is so nice of you! Oh my God when have I ever received flowers? By my graduation ceremony I think..Woah thank you! Can I come in?”- Sunggyu was happy instantly as if a switch was turned inside him, he knocked on the door and the moment he wanted to open it, it was opened from the inside revealing Woohyun with two bowls in his hand.

“Mr. Kim your dinner is ready to be served so please take a seat.”- He gestured with his hands and followed Sunggyu to his chair to pull it out for him, being the gentleman he is. He placed a bowl of soup in front of him before he left for the kitchen again only to bring another bowl with him. The second dish seemed to be the main course, it was fluffy white rice topped with a mix of vegetables and little pieces of meat in a brown sauce. It smelled delicious.

“Wow what is this?”- Sunggyu asked astonished as he looked down the perfectly decorated dishes.

“Your self-made dinner with a little love of me~ Don’t look dig in, I used nothing but the stuff you prepared ..okay sorry used an onion and a bit of the sauce.”

Sunggyu brought the spoon full of rice, meat and sauce up to his lips and it tasted like heaven. Once the took a bite he literally couldn’t stop anymore.

“Are you a magician? This is so fantastic, the meat is so tender and everything is just so tasty.”- Sunggyu said dreamly with stars in his eyes. He loved food, if somebody asked him what his number one criterion  for his future wife was then he would answer with she must be good in cooking and damn Woohyun was at the level of a professional chef in Sunggyu’s option.

“Haha no, my mom used to tell me that if you cook with love for a person you care for it will taste delicious.”

“Gosh you must have a lot of love in you.”- Sunggyu mumbled absent-mindly and shoved the next spoon full into his mouth.

“Definitely.”


The rest of the dinner went by just fine and Sunggyu felt his heart getting lighter and lighter as the evening went on, he enjoyed the younger’s presents to such an extent he was starting to question himself why.

Unfortunately even the best day has to come to an end and so does this. With a heavy heart Sunggyu walked Woohyun to the door and they stood awkwardly in front of the door.

“So…thank you for inviting me and making me food, I really appreciated it! I really like your cooking, so keep on cooking once you got the hang of it you’ll be a great cook.”- Woohyun grinned loving and was about to walk out of the door but he was held back by Sunggyu. Woohyun looked down his slevee where Sunggyu’s small tender hands were keeping him in place.

“Is something wrong?”- He looked up his friend’s face but Sunggyu could never answer that question he, himself, didn’t know what was going on. He was just doing what his heart was telling him.

“Thank you for today, you really saved my day even though I was supposed to make you a bit happy.”

He softly hugged Woohyun and pulled back after a while looking his younger friend deep into the eyes before he brought his trembling lips on the other’s full cheek, leaving a big smooch on it. But before Woohyun could even react with something he was already shoved out in to the hall wall and the door shot close right in front of his nose.

“Oh my God?”- He was shocked, happy and confused at the same time. His hand flew up to his cheek touching it lightly were Sunggyu’s lips had been only seconds before.
Grinning like a complete fool he made his way back home, his mood was over the top. The only thing he needed to do was sending in his manuscript f
or his sequel book and then dream about Sunggyu. He couldn’t wait to see the older again, he already missed him.


Sunggyu had his hands on his face, his face, neck and ears red like a tomato. He was slowly sliding down the door until he was finally sitting on the cold floor.

“ what as that?”- He was so confused, why did he want to give Woohyun a kiss on the cheek? Is this still normal? Was it just because he was thankful? So many questions where messing up his mind but one in particular was bugging him the most -  Did he really aimed only for the younger’s cheek just now?

 

 



 

Hi my lovelyz

sorry that it took me thattttttttt long to up date but I've been kinda busy lately OTL Then again I'm also sorry that I'm such a troll who can't write an one-shot nor an two-shot...I guess it's going to be a chaptered story OTL BUt I'm planning only 2 more chapter so please bear with me TT_TT

Ps. Thanks for reading, subscribing and leaving me coments you guys just never fail to lift my mood

Ps.Ps. Fighting to everybody who has to attend classes again, the poor me is included in this group

(word count  approx. 8800)