The first time I saw you, I was afraid to talk to you

The One

 

 

The love I was searching for pt.1


 

 

Sunggyu was feed up with love.

He seemed to be not suited for it.  He had already lost the will to fight for love, he would never find his mate, his partner; so why should he keep trying?

All his past relationships would break apart after only a few mere weeks or maybe months. Sunggyu wasn’t a player nor was he to distant. If he chooses to stay with someone then he loved that person with all his might and wanted nothing but to receive the same amount of love, or at least some love from his chosen one. He was a person you could trust and knew he wouldn’t turn his back on you ,still it didn’t matter just how much Sunggyu loved the girl she would leave him in the end.

Sunggyu had enough of putting all his efforts into a relationship with someone only to be stapled from the back. His heart couldn’t take it anymore, call him lame, call him too sensitive or call him even girly Sunggyu didn’t care anymore. He had wasted enough of his time crying over girls who seemed to had never loved him.

“Just because someone doesn’t love you the way you want them to, doesn’t mean that they don’t love you with all they have.” - Sunggyu could only laugh about this quote because it was everything but true, maybe it was the case with some more or less lucky people but in Sunggyu’s case they just didn’t felt the way he did and period.

Sunggyu isn’t a child anymore so he was absolute aware of the fact that life isn’t a ball of cherries or all roses even though he wished for it sometimes.

Even with that in mind things didn’t go better or easier for him, to put even more unto his already tired shoulders his mother was doing a great job in telling him that he pretty much fail as the only son in their family.

The son of the house should be married by now and should make beautiful children - That’s how it was supposed to be but Sunggyu would turn 27 this April and was still single with no one in his heart.

Sure they weren’t living in 1800 were wedding were held with such a young age because your actual lifespan was a lot shorter compared to now. Yet it was a common thing in his family to marry relatively young, his older sister married as she had just turned 27, which is quite ironic for Sunggyu since he himself would turn 27 in only a few months form here, yet he hadn’t been in love for at least a year, or even longer he can‘t recall it anymore. This warming feeling, he couldn’t really remember how it felt like.

In love…if Sunggyu was in love with something then it were books. He loved it more then anything else to read. His love for book was so strong that it even affected his choice of work place. He was an editor at a well known publishing company, he was in charge of the Mystery and Fantasy Department within the big company. He had always been fascinated by stories of vampires, bad monsters and fictional worlds, which were a thousand times more interesting that the actual world he was living in.

The only genre he wasn’t really found of was romance, as he was still young and innocent he loved to read the novels his mother was reading and of course his mother was a big fan of the cheesiest stories which had ever been published.
But in no time Sunggyu became at least as much of a fan as his mother, he liked how the protagonists were so sweet with each other and how you could feel the love they were holding for each other even though it were only simple words printed on light paper.

Sunggyu’s dream was it to have a love which was equal to one of the various romance novels he had read but unfortunately his dream of sweet love which couldn’t even shake up the heaviest storm was him never granted.

Despite his more or less non existing love life Sunggyu was a blooming individum, with the age of 19 he started his big adventure and left his cosy hometown in the north of the province Jeolla to life and study in the never sleeping Capital, Seoul. He wanted to make his dreams come true whether it was in his studies in hope of working with his beloved literature in future or the longing for love he had in his heart. The farewell from his parent’s house was filled with tears as his mother couldn’t stand the thought of her ’little baby’ being away from here in a city where he knew absolutely nobody, still Sunggyu’s decide was final. When he successfully graduated from his high school in Jeonju, which was by the way a time he would rather forget about,  and was accepted at one of the best universities in Seoul with the major of National and International Literature he didn’t think twice as to leave the little town.

He was a intelligent student who was keen on learning about all sorts of things, he got honoured a lot and was the proud of the university. His university life itself was dominated by studying and due to his rather shy personality he had his troubles in making friends, it wasn’t really a help that he was almost to intelligent for some people. Yet he gained himself a friend for a life time in a mere on minutes. His best friend who happened to be his roommate back in their university days. The cheerful and happy attitude of the younger was something which gained attention to such an extent that the whole campus would turn around when his loud and cheerful laugh haled trough the hall ways. And despite the fact that Sunggyu was a part of the quiet group you would consider as wall-flowers grew the biggest friends with the university’s sunshine Jang Dongwoo.

Dongwoo was a person of many facets, his personality was all sunshine to put it in one word and for Sunggyu he was the most lovable person he had ever met. He was always in a good mood and literally the mood maker for the whole dorm they were residancing at. Dongwoo shared his love for books and loved them at least as much but his passion for books was at least as big as the passion he held for dancing. Still Dongwoo’s major was the same as Sunggyu’s and they even end up in the same publisher with the only difference that the sweet Dongwoo got into his so loved Romance Department.


Speaking of work at the moment everything was all over the place - It was the beginning of December which meant Christmas was around the corner. And Christmas meant shopping for gifts and since many people enjoyed books the amount of books published during the winter and especially before Christmas was immense. Therefore Sunggyu, Dongwoo and the rest of the company had their hands full of work which seemed to never end.  

******

Finally - Thought Sunggyu after he had glanced at the black clock which was hanging right about the door. Finally he could call it a day and could make his way back home. Today had also been a very long and exhausting day. His brain felt like jelly due the uncountable hours of absolutely focusing on his work so no mistake would slip through his eyes. His eyes were tired and he wanted nothing more as to take of his glasses which seemed to got unbelievable heavy on his nose.

With a satisfied grin resting on his cherry colored lips he closed the manuscript he had been working on for several hours and put it on his big staple of works which were finally ready to be printed. Of course not without leaving a note on top of it with his name written on it and the date he finished the last proof reading and editing of grammar, speech and style of the manuscript.

He stretched his already stiff limps and collected his stuff from his desk, only good that even though his workplace should resemble a chaos he was a tidy person who had the ability to keep everything in order despite the amount of work he got to do everyday which included thousands of papers and book pages.

Despite him being tired as hell it didn’t take him two steps out of his office part before a certain someone was already hugging him with so much love or simply strength that Sunggyu could literally hear his bones crack oh so slightly.

“Hi to you too Dongwoo.”- He grinned sheepishly and returned the hug, but not as strongly as he was receiving it.

“Hyung~~~ I missed you, I had so much to do that I couldn’t leave my floor not even during the break. Did you eat alone then?”- Dongwoo asked with concern visible in his voice and a bit of a sad look on his face.

“Poor dino, I had a lot to do as well but Dongwoo I’m not 12 I can survive without you during the lunch break besides that I have a lot of friends here.”- The older pouted and mumbled something along the lines of him being popular in the company.

“I didn’t mean it that way! I just felt bad I’m your best friend so I have a special position!”

“Yeah, yeah of course you have.”- The older snickered as now Dongwoo had a gigantic pout on his face which turned into a sulking one within only seconds.

God that kid is out the rest of my energy- Sunggyu thought as he pulled Dongwoo to the lift before he continued with his sentence. Before he decided to ask his little younger friend about his day, he knew that would lift Dongwoo’s mood. As much as the sweet man love it to read he loved it even more to actually talk about the cheesy stuff.

“To answer your question I was to busy to eat, I worked through lunch time. So you were beaming earlier did you get something good in?”

“Oh good that you mention it!!”- Dongwoo exclaimed happily and already had this sparklings of excitement lingering in his eyes.

“So I got that one manuscript yesterday around I don’t knew maybe noon and I was supposed to do the last tunings I would say since I was the extra editor for this book. Anyways I finished everything today morning and Gyuzizi-hyung it is sooooo good!! I’ve never heard of the author before so the person must be a newcomer but wow such a stunning story. And believe it or not they already print it today!”- Dongwoo said with full enthusiasm and started to look for something in his bag, seconds later he fished a book with a pretty soft cover out of it.

Sunggyu looked at the book with a bit of confusion. The title was written in a fairy like handwriting style and read ’The Wedding Ceremony of the Fairy’, which was in Sunggyu’s option one of the cheesiest things he had read in a while.

“You already got yourself a copy because you like it so much?”  

“Oh no it’s not for me but for you, well of course I like it, I like it really really much but you should read it too.”- Dongwoo already handed him the book and was expecting a great reaction from Sunggyu while Sunggyu had to bite his cheeks not to let his eyes roll or a groan escape his mouth.

“Dongwoo you know that I don’t like that sort of stuff.”- He sighed lightly feeling the urge to massage his trembles.

“I know but you will definitely not regret reading this one! It is a.m.a.z.i.n.g.”

“You say that by each and every book you persuade me to read.”

“Please hyung! This one is really good, just give it a shot or better just read a few lines if you can’t bear the whole thing, pretty please~~~”

Sunggyu signed hard for the nth time before he , more unwillingly, nodded his head.

“Fine I’m looking into it but if it’s too much then I’ll bury it in one of my drawers for the time being.”

“Yeah I’m fine with that, I bet that you’re going to read it at some point trust me.”- Dongwoo grinned happily.

“Oh by the way how’s her name? I mean from the author?”

“Well I don’t even knew if it’s a her or a he. The author calls themselves ‘Namu’ and there is no profil picture and since the manuscript was already perfect as I received it I didn’t have a reason to contact them.”

“Namu? Are you kidding me?”- Sunggyu asked mockingly but couldn’t believe his eyes as he turned the book and saw that the author’s name was really ‘Namu’ or at least the name the author choose to stay anonym.


Half an hour later Sunggyu found himself sitting on his white fluffy sofa with a warm and utterly sweet strawberry tea standing on his little coffee table right in front of him, the book from Dongwoo next to him on a pillow.

Sunggyu took another slip from his favorite tea which he always buy in a small but lovely cafè which happened to be right around the corner and therefore he stopped by there almost everyday; usually he would only get himself something for at home but sometimes he would sit at one of the small tables enjoying the smell and warm atmosphere.

Well then- He thought as he opened the book, his eyes scanned  over the pages in a mere of minutes and he could only scoff over the text which was written on the white pages.


“To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.”- Sunggyu read the first line of a roman out loud before he decided to throw the book into a random corner of his apartment. Constantly rolling his eyes as the sentence keep ringing in his ears.

What is that? Jesus Christ Dongwoo is trying to kill me …-He thought bitterly but his guilty coincidence didn’t take even a minute to come up.

He got up form his comfortable white sofa only to grab the book again, Dongwoo would be so mad if he knew what Sunggyu just did. With annoyance written all over his face Sunggyu opened the book again , for the second attempt of reading more than just 35 pages only to finally decide to put it into the last drawer of his closet where he would leave it to be covered in dust.

“Love hides behind every corner.” - Sunggyu read aloud again and harshly closed the drawer.

“Then I must be walking in cycles…”

Sunggyu’s mood was now at rock bottom, even though he had read only 35 pages the protagonist who was described as a beautiful young lady with slightly wavy caramel colored hair which had highlights of blond in them if the light hit them already had more romantic moments with the other protagonist who was described as a man that was filled with romantic but still had quite the looks, then he had in years. That surely annoyed Sunggyu in a way.

He stumped back to his sofa and left himself fall dramatically unto the fluffy surface, having the largest pout on his face.

“I have the same exact hairstyle, where is my protagonist….”- Sunggyu mumbled annoyed into his pillow, he would have stayed like that but his so loved tea was still waiting for him. As he finished the sweet warm drink he walked over to his bed room to call it a day.
His next day would start early so he really needed his sleep to get his energy back.

*****

The morning came around way to fast for Sunggyu’s liking and he felt like he was haunted from that book. He wasn’t a person who dreamt every night but last night he dreamt about everything he had read before going to bed and he didn’t like it, not at all. If he can’t have it then he doesn’t want to dream about it.

“I need coffee now.”- He grumbled to himself and not 20 minutes later was he already standing in his so loved café. The smell of freshly brewed coffee and tea never failed to smooth his nerves.
Even though it was still early the cafè was already filled with people and therefore he had to wait until his order was ready. Since he had nothing better to do as to look around it didn’t take long until he noticed the flashy blond hair. A young man, probably around Sunggyu’s age or maybe a bit younger, was sitting near the counter busy typing down things on his golden colored laptop.  His blond hair were really a eye catcher  and Sunggyu simply couldn‘t stop staring at the so busy looking boy. His eyes were literally stuck on the blond locks which simmered oh so slightly. And as Sunggyu was starring, rather bluntly, the boy looked up to him and their eyes locked for a split of a second. Now Sunggyu wasn’t sure were he should look the guy’s eyes were at least as breath- taking, beautiful dark brown orbs with simmers of gold in them which mad the actual hard dark color much more smooth.

“Mister your coffee is done.”- The lady behind the counter said again feeling how her blood was slowly starting to boil. Telling someone three times that the coffee is ready and the person still doesn’t react is something she just can’t stand.

“Oh sorry thank you very much!”- Sunggyu exclaimed embarrassed as he finally teared his eyes away from the stranger to face the visibly annoyed woman. He bowed at least four times before he left the cafè as embarrassed as he person could feel. What he didn’t notice was the smile the blond stranger had on his face as Sunggyu hurried out of the cafè or how he continued to look at him with a dreaming expression before he delicate his attention back to writing but now a lot faster as if he just got some new ideas.

Sunggyu arrived at hís work place just in time and when he told Dongwoo about his morning the other just couldn’t keep his laugh in. But it wasn’t Sunggyu’s fault, when do you see somebody looking so good with blond hair and then that person top his looks with beautiful eyes -  Sunggyu wished he could have looked into his eyes longer while standing a lot closer but that is another story.

And so the time went by and the month December was at its last week which meant Christmas was not even two days away. And just like by any other family Christmas meant for all children to return to their parents house for cosy Christmas celebration.

If Sunggyu was totally honest with himself he was looking forward to leave Seoul for the next few days - Seoul during Christmas is just to much to bear for a single, everywhere just everywhere were couples showing of their love literally whipping it into the faces of the still singles.



Today he would drive all the way down to his hometown after he finished the last few editing works before his holiday would start. He had a overly dramatic farewell with Dongwoo, the younger would always make a fuss about Sunggyu leaving Seoul, he just loved his friend’s company. Afterwards Sunggyu’s feet dragged him to his favorite cafè to get himself a cup of coffee -  He would need it. And as he entered the small cafè his eyes already scanning  the tables for the blond mop of hair which he found immediately. Since he noticed the guy that other day his eyes automatically started to look for him. The, in Sunggyu’s option really handsome, man always sits with his laptop one the same spot and how Sunggyu noticed after a while the other always drinks the same as well - an iced Americano.

But even though Sunggyu noticed so, so much about the still nameless man he never noticed the eyes which were filled with a certain emotion following his every move.


Several hours later Sunggyu was already sitting at home next to his mother and his older sister talking about a topic he would rather not.

**************************************************************************************


Woohyun looked up and his eyes immediately travelled all over the place and as his eyes couldn’t find the beautiful caramel colored hair which belong to the most beautiful man Woohyun had ever seen a sign left his mouth, unwillingly. Another day without the beautiful Sunggyu, yes indeed Woohyun knew the name of the person he just couldn’t help but look at. Woohyun had never been attracted to a male in anyway but this man just stole his heart and didn’t leave his mind, not even a second. But Woohyun was shy in that aspect he just couldn’t bring himself to actually talk to his crush, he got the name of the beautiful stranger by accident -  his really loud talking friend shouted for him once and due to that and the fact that Woohyun spent like six out of seven days in the cafè he got to learn that his name was Kim Sunggyu.

Today was yet another day without Sunggyu getting his cup of coffee or his cup of red strawberry tea and Woohyun already felt how his heart sunk everyday he couldn’t steel a glance from the other.

After a while Woohyun decided it was time again to focus on his work which meant typing on his laptop. Woohyun’s job was something he loved yet again disliked in some way, the love part was bigger. He could use all his imagination and got inspiration through his normal day as well, especially by observing people or rather by observing a certain someone. He put all his heart and feelings into his work which resulted in something he was utterly proud of yet a bit embarrassed for.

Woohyun was engrossed in writing down his ideas as he was interrupted by two of his best friends.
The two of them took a seat next to each side of Woohyun and had this evil smiles on their faces.

“Hey Woohyun-hyung what are you doing?”- They both asked in unison even though it was more than obvious.

“Well writing?”- Woohyun pointed to his laptop screen were an open writing program was but Woohyun closed the laptop only seconds later so his friends wouldn’t read the stuff he had written by now.

“Mhmmm we guesses so~ How are things? Are you in time or is your death line in sight?”- One of them asked with a sly grin on his face and when Lee Howon had such a smile on his face he was going to mock somebody.

“No, everything is good.”- Woohyun answered unsure but it was a bit of a lie, his creative mind wasn’t working properly at the moment.

“Mhmmmmm so are you going to tell us what you’re writing about?”- Sungyeol grinned at least as evil as Howon did and it sent showers down Woohyun’s spine. He had a bad feeling about what would happen next.

They didn’t found out did they?- Woohyun asked himself feeling how the cold sweat was forming on his forehead.

“Ahhh…I still write about uninteresting topics.”- Woohyun forced out an awkward laugh and scratched his not itchy neck, going through his blond locks.

“Oh come on we’re sure it’s super interesting, don’t have secrets from us we are your best friends!”- Sungyeol whined but still had this shining in his eyes.

“Yes don’t you love us? Or do you love the beautiful lady with her wavy caramel hair with this nice highlights and the most beautiful face and the flawless skin you have ever seen more than us; ‘Namu’?”- Howon asked and a wide grin made its way on his face as he saw how the panic grew on his friends face.

“Ah but Howon-hyung just think about it, ‘to one person you may be the world’ !”

“Oh right! ‘Loves hides behind every corner‘!”

“And very important ‘just because someone doesn’t lov-”-  Sungyeol was interrupted in his little quote speech from an utterly red Woohyun who wished he had chosen an more decent name as an author.

“S-stop it, oh my god please.”- The older nearly begged his friends who were already pulling out two copies form the romance roman which was written by their best friend.

“H-how did you even figure out that I wrote that? Let’s be honest Lee Sungyeol and Lee Howon don’t read books.”

“But my sister does!”- Sungyeol beamed with happiness but that didn’t really answer Woohyun’s question so Howon enlighten the how situation a bit.

“His sister didn’t stop talking about that book so Yeollie had a look at it and I happened to be with him that moment and we looked through the book and honestly speaking with only the name of the anonym author we would have never guessed you but…we looked into it and recognized sentences we had read from your laptop while you were writing them. Then it was just putting one and one together plus using your old nickname wasn’t the smartest idea but the final hint is your female protagonist~”

“But Hyung I still can’t belive you actually us him as your muse!”

“Oh no I think the fact that you definitely used yourself as the male protagonist is quite the statement.”

In that moment Woohyun wished for nothing but a hole were he could disappear into. Was he really so easy to read? Woohyun would love to deny everything his friends just couldn’t stop ranting about but he couldn’t, it was the truth after all.

“Why are you here in first place?”- Woohyun asked with the hope that his friends would stop quoting from his freshly published book.

“For once we are here to get your sign since only we can get it. Man I feel kind special now~ Then we are here to talk about this book of yours that was filled with so much romance, cheesiness, love and and freaking grease that we have diabetes. Oh and then we are here to remind you that it’s Christmas and even though you are busy writing about your secret love we still want to celebrate with you today.”

“ it’s already Christmas?!”

“Yes captain obvious.”- Howon rolled his eyes and Sungyeol nearly felt down from his chair due to his hysterical laughing.
 
“Captain obvious strikes again!!”- Sungyeol pressed out between his fits of laughs and high-fived Howon who was laughing as much as he did, himself. The only person who wasn’t so amused was Woohyun, the other two surly didn’t care.

You need friends by your side to have a happy life they say…- Woohyun thought bitterly but let himself get pulled up by the two anyway. He was looking forward to spent the evening with his friends and they knew it as much as he did. The only thing what would be different compared to their usually spent Christmas would be the main topic of their chats and Woohyun was sure today would be all about his book.
Well at least they read it even though the two never, like never ever read. I’m sure they liked it~- He thought grinning to himself and walked right next to his friends with his laptop in his hand but not failing to look inside the cafè before it was out of his line of sight.
********************************************************************************



“Mum please come to the point…”- Sunggyu signed rather annoyed than anything other as he massaged his trembles.
He was looking forward to a delicious dinner with the people he loved the most but still didn’t see that often. At first it looked like any other Christmas they had till now until his mother asked him to take a seat next to him with a very serious look on his face, his five year older sister Jieun joined them while his father left the room and that was a dangerous sign. Sunggyu wished he had left the room as well just like his dad did, no it was too late to escape.

“Yeah darling, okay, okay. So just like I was about to say earlier can you still remember my good friend Mrs Lee?”- She asked with high expectations but Sunggyu felt like face-palming himself for this question of his mother.

For ’s sake half of the popularity in Korea have the freaking last name ‘Lee’!- He thought but bit down on his tongue to not let his thoughts leave his mouth - In the end he simply shook his head.

“Oh come on darling, you know the one with who married someone in Seoul and then moved to him. She had a little girl, her name is Lee Sungeun, you two loved to play together as you were kids. I think you were around 4 while she had already turned 5.”- His mother chirped happily as she recalled the memories of the past but Sunggyu could only look at her with a mixed expression.

“Okay Mom sorry to be impolite but do you think I have a freaking super brain and can still remember what I did with 4? Mom 4?! Nobody can remember a thing which is soooo long ago!”- He whined.

“What’s with her anyway, why do you bring her up?”

“Because I agreed with her to have you have a dinner with Sungeun after Christmas, when you’re back in Seoul~”- His mother hummed happily, not even noticing how Sunggyu’s face fell.

“What is that? Are you trying to hook me up? Is that like in the freaking 1800 as the parents choose the person their kid would go out with?”- Sunggyu asked shocked and looked into his mother’s face which still had a big smile on it before he looked over to his sister for at least a bit of a support. He didn’t get his support from her - she seemed to be in the plan as well, no wonder his father left the room.

“Noonaaaaaaaaa.”- Sunggyu whined and looked at Jieun who was shaking her head.

“Sunggyu you are getting 27 in April. You won’t get younger my lovely brother and the older you get the less attractive. It’s time for you to get someone.”

“Are you trying to tell me that I’m ugly?”- Sunggyu asked with his mouth slightly open.

“No, no you’re not ugly but you have to take advantage of your good looks.”

“Aha..but why are you two setting me up with some one I don’t even know.”- Sunggyu whined, he felt like a child again only that now they weren’t deciding what he would wear or eat but with who he would have a date with.

“Darling you know her!”

“Mummmmmm I was 4 freaking 4, I can’t remember.”

“Gyu it basically doesn’t matter if you want to meet her or not, it’s already set. And I think you wouldn’t want to call and tell her you don’t want to meet her, just be a man for god’s sake! Just think of it as a blind date, dear lord…”- His sister said annoyed by the whining of her brother and shortly after he was quiet again, maybe seriously thinking about it or simply acceptation his fate.

Just as the most awkward talk Sunggyu had ever since his mother had found the one magazine one of his friends had forgotten to take back with him, back in the 8th grade. His father opened the door only so much to let his head pop into the room.

“Are you done talking, can I enter again?”- He asked cautiously looking at his wife before he flashed Sunggyu an apologizing smile.

“Don’t you want your son to get a girlfriend ha ?!”- She asked back at her husband.

Oh no here it comes..-He thought entering  the room with very slow steps,  he loved his wife but sometimes she was just too much of a worry mommy especially when it comes to their youngest, Sunggyu.
“Yeah darling I want him to have one but he is only 26 years old,  nothing to worry about.”- He said signing but of course that was the wrong answer for Sunggyu’s mother.

“He is not only 26 he is already turning 27!”

“Jesus mum I’m gonna met her so please calm down, will ya?”- Sunggyu throw in before his mother would explode.

“That’s my son~”- She said sweetly and yet again Sunggyu felt like face-palming himself.

What is wrong with this woman?


The rest of his stay in Jeonju was pleasant, they had delicious things to eat, had funny evenings and one of the biggest surprises of the year. Jieun and her husband Myungsoo had proudly announced that they would be parents in less than seven months from now.

Sunggyu was almost sure he hadn’t seen his mother as happy as she was after hearing the news.

The time flew by and Sunggyu’s vacation came to an end which meant he had to return to Seoul again. On the one hand he was looking forward to see Dongwoo and his other friends again but on the other side he would miss his parents and sister again.

Before Sunggyu left for his travel back to Seoul they had a heart-warming farewell and his mother who was constantly reminding him of the date and time he would meet Sungeun.

“Mum I got it, This Friday at six o’clock at the restaurant which happened to be right around the corner from my apartment. I also have her cell phone number and as much as I know you she had mine for weeks already.”- Sunggyu hugged his mother a last time and entered his car, driving away.

**************************************************************************************

The time flew by so ridiculously fast that even though Sunggyu had the feeling only one day had past since he came home in truth it was already a week which meant that today would be the day of his blind date. He still didn’t want to go, he wasn’t so sure why but that was just how it is.  

Sunggyu was standing in front of his open closet, lips pursed and winkles from all the thinking about an good outfit already forming on his forehead. Only good that Dongwoo would be here in a few minutes. Sunggyu needs support for all this so he asked his friend for a bit of a help especially for the choice of his clothing. It’s been a while since he was on a date but he had never been on a blind date so he was just clueless what to wear for such an occasion, casual? More formal? He wasn’t quite sure. So he ended up staring in his closet but still finding nothing, just as he was about to close the doors for the time being he heard his doorbell ringing.

Fastly making his way to the front door, during his little sprint tripping over a pair of shoes he had already pulled out from one of his drawers, Sunggyu opened the door to let his friend in how had a bag of stuff with him.

Dongwoo surely had his own style, he loved wearing colourful stuff which most of the time had the weirdest designs nonetheless the younger had some good taste when it came to combine different pieces of clothing to create a nice outfit and that ability was just what Sunggyu needed at the moment.  

“Hello Dongwooooo, you need to help me I don’t want to look like a fool.”- Sunggyu expressed his worries as soon as his friend stepped into his apartment but Dongwoo was only nodding his head, straight heading to Sunggyu’s bedroom in which the older’s closet was.

“I know, I know that’s why I’m here. Do you have anything in mind you want to wear?”- Dongwoo asked sweetly and turned around to look at his friend who was shaking his head furiously, looking rather lost. Dongwoo chuckled and opened the doors of the closet to have a look at the collection of clothes his friend had. They had a little less then two hours left, should be enough to pick an outfit, get some roses and be at the restaurant at time.

Well at least they thought so, reality was a different story.

**************************************************************************************

“Mhmmm~”- Woohyun summed happily as he stretched his already stiff feeling arms out over his head to finally lose them a bit. With a satisfied grin he closed his laptop after he had saved the file he had been working on. For today he finished the amount he wanted to and was really to leave his favorite writing place.

Another chapter is done.- He thought and took a slip of his tea; today Sunggyu didn’t come to the cafè again so Woohyun ordered the strawberry tea the older loved so much instead so he had a warm feeling around his heart knowing that his secret crush drinks the same drink all the time.

Kim Sunggyu a name which sounded as sweet as pure sugar to Woohyun. It was a rainy day as he noticed the older for the first time or rather Sunggyu noticed him. Woohyun would never forget that day or how sweet Sunggyu was.

Flashback

Althogh Woohyun knew it would rain he still got surprised as it suddenly started to rain cat and dogs. They day had been so beautiful, is was really warm which was perfectly normal for the summer months so Woohyun decided against taking a umbrella with him - It would only be in his way anyways.

Woohyun was busy in the city, running a few errands and secretly hoping to find some sort of inspiration. He loved it to write and his love and passion for writing turned into his job-  he was an author of various things relating to books whether it was an article or a recommendation. But it had always been his dream to write a roman, a book where he could put all his feelings into and let his imagination do wonders.  Still even though Woohyun was eager to start writing his first chapter he was still clueless about nearly everything; the main characters, the plot and so on.  And so he hoped to finally get a great idea.

He was so deep in his thoughts that he didn’t even noticed that all street shops around him started closing up and that people looked for a place to stand underneath. As he finally noticed it was already to late. A loud thunder could be heard and then it suddenly started, in a mere of minutes Woohyun was wet to the bone.

His clothes were cold and sticking unto his body, extremely uncomfortable. Woohyun looked around but nowhere to stand underneath and no shop that wasn’t full already he walked up the road and was hoping to come across a subway station or something so he wouldn’t get even more wet, if that was even possible.

Where are these guys who sell this cheap plastic umbrellas when I need them?- Woohyun thought pissed and just as another heavy sign left his mouth the rain stopped.

He looked up but was surprised to see little strawberries on a white ground instead of the blue sky, he turned around and saw a man whose beauty was beyond good and bad. Woohyun felt his mouth go dry.

“Hey you’re gonna catch you a serious cold if you keep going in this heavy rain like this.”- The man said worried and looked at Woohyun from head to toe, the water dripping down everywhere especially from Woohyun’s black hair.

“Y-yeah I’m sorry.”- Woohyun answered more as an reflex then actually thinking about his choice of words. The stranger chuckled lightly and handed Woohyun the umbrella he had been holding over himself and over Woohyun.

“The next subway station is in like 500m, it’s better if you go home now as wet as you are. Take a hot shower at home and stay warm so you won’t catch a cold~ Sorry I have to go back to my friend now but take care!”- The man expressed and gave his umbrella Woohyun, their hands touched lightly, and run back into the cafè he seemed to had come from.

That day Woohyun got home and started writing his first chapter, one week later he found himself in the cafè the stranger run into. From then on Woohyun spent all his writing time there and at some point the noticed the stranger being a regular at the cafè, unfortunately Woohyun was just to shy to actually talk to him.

Woohyun’s protagonists were born as well as the feeling of falling in love developed in his chest - he still has the strawberry umbrella.

******

Sunggyu was running, running as if his life would depend on it. He was late, so freaking late he, himself, couldn’t even believe it. Two hours are enough for a grown up man to dress nicely and be ready to meet a girl, he was so wrong. He had only 10 minutes left to get to the restaurant to be still in time and that was something Sunggyu didn’t thought would happen.

It wasn’t the best idea to ask Dongwoo after all, they ended up talking about funny stories and eating snacks Dongwoo brought along. Only good thing about the snack was that Dongwoo happened to take a nicely wrapped box of chocolates with him that Sunggyu already had in his hands instead of a bunch of roses, he was running late no time to buy a bouquet.

Sunggyu run but the snow made it very difficult it was slippy and everywhere where holes on the ground which were already filled with water -  very dangerous for his clothes.

Only one more corner!- He thought but seconds later he found himself lying onto of a person he had just knocked down.

It all happened to fast that it took Sunggyu a pain filled groan from the person underneath him that he even realized that he a) was lying on somebody in the snow and b) he had just knocked that somebody down with his own body was running into him with full speed.

“Oh holly .”- Sunggyu cursed as everything sunk in and the other person just chuckled.

“Yeah it did hurt a bit maybe you shouldn't run that fast during the winter season, are you alright?”- The other asked and Sunggyu jumped as his eyes fell unto the blond locks of the person and as this said person opened his eyes and Sunggyu was meet with this beautiful eyes he felt sparkles exchanging between them. Finally Sunggyu was able to look him right into the eyes from a close distance, wow it was a sight Sunggyu didn’t want to forget. As Sunggyu finally snapped out of it he jumped up and helped the other up who was so red in his face Sunggyu thought he had a cold or something.

“Oh my god I’m so sorry! I just.. I didn’t see you and oh my god are you, okay?!”- Sunggyu asked and brushed away the snow from the others clothes. While he was busy doing that he didn’t see how Woohyun got even more red the more he touched him.

Jesus..oh my goddddd what is going onnnnnnn?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I can’t oh my god! thank you snow for letting him slip and fall on top of meeee!! Maybe I can start a talk finally since we kind of have a topic now and then we get friends and then…-Woohyun’s train of thoughts was interrupted by Sunggyu who cried out in shock.

Woohyun shifted his eyes to where Sunggyu was and then it hit him, he had his laptop in his hands as he left the cafè now there was nothing anymore.

Sunggyu felt like crying as he pulled the golden laptop out of the snow and brushed the white cold power from it. He had observed the handsome boy long enough to know that he was always busy writing things on it and here he comes knocking him down so he lets go of his laptop that then felt into a pile of snow.

“ I´m so so sorry!!”- Sunggyu handed him the laptop, which was fortunately for Woohyun still in one piece. As he did so he was able to look at his watch and the next shock was waiting for him; he was already 7 minutes late.

, , what should I doooo?!?!?!!?- Sunggyu panicked inside. He pulled out one of his business cards from his pocket and shoved it into Woohyun’s hand.

“Please contact me if your laptop isn’t working anymore because of me and of course I’ll pay for the cleaning of your cloths! I’m so sorry but I have to hurry now, please contact me!!!”- Sunggyu shouted as he was running away again leaving a bet red Woohyun behind him.

Woohyun looked down at his hand where the little white card was resting, with Sunggyu’s email address, his cell phone number as well as his profession. Even his address was written on the little card.

Woohyun let his eyes swift to his laptop and to the snow underneath his feet.

“Thank you.”- He breathed out and literally skipped home, he had something to tell his friends who never stopped to urge him to finally make a move on his ’secret love’.

*****

Sunggyu did the unbelievable, he reached the restaurant, took a seat in front of the girl and apologized in less then four minutes.

He felt so ashamed that he let her wait, Sungeun was indeed a beauty she had smooth skin, shoulder long dark brown hair, big doll like eyes and a nice figure. She would have been Sunggyu’s type if his thoughts weren’t already filled with another person and damn Sunggyu felt like slapping himself for forgetting to ask for the blond boy’s name. He felt so stupid.

He ate in silence while Sungeun talked about this and that and while Sunggyu really did tried to focus on the topic the girl was so fascinated about but his mind just wasn’t with her. She ended her last sentence with a sign leaving her pretty mouth but Sunggyu didn’t notice anyway.

“Sunggyu do you have something on your mind? Maybe I can help you, I know this whole thing was set up from your parents but I for my part really did want to meet you.”- She said a little sad and finally got Sunggyu out of his trance like state.

“Oh I’m sorry I just….I don’t know.”- He signed and placed his hands on his face.

“Come you can tell me maybe you feel better.”- She encouraged him with a thumb up and a silly smile, which got a grin on Sunggyu’s face.

“Well I’m just having someone on my mind, I already told you a shortcut as to why I was too late and you know that person I run into is a boy with shimmery blond hair  I always see at a cafè I often go to. He is constantly writing on his laptop so it must be something important and then this golden colored laptop fell into a pile of snow and now I’m worried that maybe something is off with it because of the snow.”- Sunggyu said worried but Sungeun kept quiet even after Sunggyu was long finished with his story, she was deeply thinking about something.

“A blond writing boy with a golden laptop who is a regular at the cafè next street?”-She surmised the information and Sunggyu nodded. It sounded so awful familiar to her ears and then it seemed to had clicked in her mind.

“Ah! I know it! Woohyunie! The person you are talking about is Nam Woohyun!”

“Are you sure? How do you know?”

“Yes I’m absolutely sure! I’m the older sister of one of his best friends! Yes definitely, I bet everything that you are talking about Nam Woohyun! If you want I can give you his contact information!”


This evening Sunggyu looked down at his phone before he looked outside the window to see the snow fall and a gin made its way on his face.

“Thank you.”- He mumbled looking at the snow flakes.

 

 



 

Hey my lovelyz and hello to all my new readers thank you for reading, subscribing and hopefully leaving comments :D

Hope you like it and  enjoy reading >x< It got quite long so I decided to split it ( I will never be able to wirte an actual 'one shot' xD)

//ps Thank you so much for so many subscribers before first chapter was even uploaded, I'm truely touched and hope the story by now came up to your expections~

(word count approx. 8200)