004

Sweet Nothings III

Sehun should have known that he was going to make the biggest mistake of his life. Scratch that - knowing and befriending Kim Jongin is his biggest mistake but this is enough to rank as the second biggest mistake.

Granted, he did mention about his lack of love life but this wasn’t a hint to anyone to set him up. He simply said it as a passing remark and seriously, why did Jongin feel that he had to do something? Firstly, Sehun chose not to date. Secondly, he didn’t have time to date and last but not least, he was still his wounds from his last relationship.

Being in a relationship with your best friend should be something that everyone dreamt of. Oh Sehun managed to turn that dream into a reality but unfortunately, he wasn’t able to guess the ending.

His relationship with his best friend lasted just a little over a year when they decided to part way. Well, they did remain as friend but somewhere along the way, the cracks that appeared wasn’t going away.

The words they said to each other during fights did happen and those weren’t something that they could pretend that it didn’t happen. It taught Sehun a lesson, a painful lesson but nevertheless, he matured through this.

Both of them got together too young and they weren’t able to handle this transition of going from friends to boyfriends. Sehun sighs as he kills the engine of his car. The first chance he gets, he will definitely kill Jongin.

Wait – killing Jongin is too light of a punishment. He is going to slowly find ways to torment that guy and detailed that in his notebook. That thought cheers him up slightly but still isn’t enough for what he was going to do.

He is going on a blind date set up by Kim Jongin. Never would he think that such a day will come but oh well, life is unpredictable in this way.

 

 

Food is ranked below sleep but definitely above everything else for Luhan. Therefore, sitting in his fancy restaurant and sipping on their ridiculously expensive champagne did ease the pain of paying for this meal later.

This was his reward to himself after he finally manage to land his dream job. By all rights, Minseok and Kyungsoo should be here with him but they had a last minute appointment. Not wanting to cancel his reservation since this place was extremely hard to get a slot, Luhan decided to show up alone.

Yes, it did make him slightly envious and perhaps, a little awkward when he sees that everyone is here with someone but he had more important things to think about. Like out of the three main course, should he order chicken or beef or seafood.

After he finally made his decision, he thanked the waiter and placed his hands on the table. Excitement started to bubble as he waited for his food to arrive when all of a sudden, someone took a seat opposite him.

Raising an eyebrow, he looked at the man in front of him. Dressed in a black suit with his hair slicked back, Luhan had to admit that this is a fine looking man.

Scratch that - he an extremely fine looking man if Luhan could ignore the slight annoyance on his face.

“Excuse – “

“I am sorry if you come here with the expectation of something more but I am not looking for anything more at the moment.” The man said, cutting Luhan off.

Blinking in confusion, Luhan understood what each word meant but he didn’t understand when those words were stringed together.

“Honestly, I am forced to be here. I don’t know what Jongin said to you but I am not ready for a new relationship.” The man continued without giving Luhan a chance to speak.

Luhan had an inkling of what happened but was he that terrible of choice? Did the man just straight – out rejected him? It bruised his ego slightly as he frowned.

 

 

Sehun finally took his first look at the male sitting in front of him. He was pretty, too pretty actually. In fact, this male was probably one of the prettiest person he had ever seen. This made his heart raced a little faster, but just a little.

“So if that is the case, are you going to pay for this meal then?” The male asked after a while. “I mean I am already here and – “

“You can order anything you want,” Sehun told him. After all, he felt a little bad when he saw the male in front of him looking slightly hurt by his words.

Is he a little too straightforward?

 

 

Taking that as a cue, Luhan immediately asked for the menu and ordered whatever he wanted but didn’t order just now. Well, this is payback for hurting his ego.

The food arrive and Luhan was about to dig in when he heard the man’s phone ring. The man picked up his phone and a minute later, his brows furrowed.

“Are you Junmyeon?” He asked all of a sudden.

“No, I am Luhan – “

“So you are not the one that Kim Jongin has set me up with?”

“I never said that I was. You assumed.” Luhan told him as he continued eating his food. “By the way, you are still paying for this meal.”

“Hey – “

“Take this as a lesson learnt, never assume.” Luhan informed him with a smile.

For a moment there, Sehun almost wanted to laugh at how proud the male had looked. For a second there, he felt that starting a new relationship wasn’t going to be so hard.

Not all that hard if it is with this male in front of him. Sehun wanted to give it a try.

“I am Oh Sehun,” he introduced himself. “While you might not be my blind date but how about we start as friends first?”

“Well – “

“You are eating food that I paid with – “

“Hey! That is a threat!” Luhan narrowed his eyes at him as though daring him to continue his sentence. Sehun had no doubt that if he contiuned this male was going to throw the food in his face. 

“I know that there is this great place that have good dessert,” Sehun said. “How about going there later?”

“Your treat?”

“My treat – “

“Deal,” Luhan said. “Nice to meet you, I am Luhan.”

 

 

*an: after all those angst, here is something happier to read about. all comments, subscriptions and upvotes are appreciated. and i greatly welcome prompts as well. like please give me prompts to let my inspiration flows. 

ask.fm twitter