001

Sweet Nothings III

Insecure wasn’t a word that people would usually associate with Sehun. He was confident, he was self-assured and well, the list just goes on. As one would have guess, Sehun had the backings to be this self-assured.

He was smart as evident by his results where one can always find his number right at the top. As according to the ranking done by girls in the school, Sehun was apparently the reigning champion of being the most handsome male in the school for the past three years. His family was wealthy enough that there wasn’t a need for him to find job if he doesn’t wish to in the future.

People called him the winner in life where he was often the one where many would envied, jealous and even, hate. Therefore, insecurity definitely had no place in his life and he would laugh it off if anyone was to point that out to him.

Yet, right at this moment, sitting beside Luhan who was smiling prettily at another male, made him felt rather insecure. If he was honest, the tanned male who was seated next to Luhan was obviously no match for him.

Except for one thing, one crucial thing which Sehun won’t be able to beat. It was their bond, that accursed childhood bond. But he wasn’t one to show whatever he felt on his face so he plastered on a smile as he listened to their conversation.

Occasionally, he will placed his arm on Luhan’s shoulders. Other times, he will take hold of Luhan’s hand. Or if he happened to see frosting on Luhan’s mouth, he will wipe it off for him. All these were simply a reminder that he was here.

To assert the fact that Oh Sehun was Luhan’s boyfriend and vice versa. Even if this male was Luhan’s childhood friend, the number one in Luhan’s heart will always be him.

 

 

If Luhan realised how childish Sehun was, he would probably laugh until his stomach hurt. But he didn’t and Sehun wasn’t going to let Luhan know that for fear that his perfect image was going to crumble down into nothing.

The only thing that made Luhan realised that Sehun was behaving abnormally was Sehun’s overly touchy behaviour toward him. Granted, Sehun was actually touchier than what Luhan would expect from him.

But still, this extent was bringing it onto a new level. Luhan believed that if he didn’t glare at Sehun, the male would probably wanted Luhan to sit on his laps. Shaking his head, he gave an apologetic smile to Jongin who was watching everything with amusement.

“He isn’t normally like this,” Luhan said.

“Well, I am happy for you.” Jongin told him. He was genuinely happy for Luhan. Never mind the fact that he used to like Luhan, never mind the fact that there were times when he would wonder all the what ifs if only he been brave enough.

What mattered was that Luhan was looking happy and in love, that was enough for Jongin to give his blessings to the both of them. Feelings weren’t something that one can force onto another person. Even if they did get together in the future, this relationship wasn’t going to last. At the very end, both of them might even become strangers.

Jongin didn’t want that, he was clear that Luhan felt nothing for him other than friendship so he never moved past that line. He didn’t dare, he didn’t want to.

“Jongin, I hope that you can find someone that deserves you. I am sorry that I wasn’t that – “

“Luhan, there is really nothing that you need to apologise for. Feelings aren’t like a switch that you can just switch on and off when you wanted. Otherwise, there won’t be so many unrequited love in this world. But that is just how life works.” Jongin told him. “You know that we will always be friends and I’ll always be there for you when you need me.”

“So you will be willing to beat Sehun up if he ever makes me cry?” Luhan joked with him.

“He won’t beside I don’t have to hurt him because he will beat himself up if he ever make you cry.” Jongin replied.

 

 

“What did the both of you talk about after I – “

“Are you doubting me or you don’t trust yourself?” Luhan asked, finally realising what caused Sehun’s abnormal behaviour.

“I wasn’t doubting you,” Sehun said in a small voice. “It’s just that – “

“You don’t trust yourself?” Luhan cut him off. This was a rather new side of Sehun where he was unsure of himself.

“Both of you shared memories that go all the way back to childhood. I don’t like it. I don’t like having someone else who know things about you that I don’t. I am actually a rather selfish person and can be rather possessive too, did I just ruin my image in your mind?” Sehun asked uncertainly. No matter how lofty or godlike or mighty the person is in life when he is faced with the one he love, he is nothing more than mere mortal.

“I like it,” Luhan said as he placed a kiss on Sehun’s lips. “I like how I can make you lost your composure and cool. I like how I am the only one who can do that because you only show your weakness in front of someone you love and trust.”

“So what did the both of you talk about – “

Luhan rolled his eyes as he placed another kiss before Sehun could say another word more.  

 

 

 

 

 

*an: just an endlessly sweet short drabble of hunhan for everyone because who doesn't love fluff hunhan, right? as per usual, i  appreciate all the comments, subscription and upvotes. if you have prompts or suggestions, drop them in the comment section or simply leave it in the ask.fm. if you want to talk to me, you can do so on twitter. that's all for now, 'til next chapter. 

 

ask.fm | twitter