Have you ever had a dream?

Fulfilling a dream

Chapter 4


"Do you know me?" Ji-yeon asked suprisedly.

"Of course!" The boy's smile gave her a familiar warm feeling. Where had she seen him before? "I'm Soon-young. Kwon Soon-young!"

"Soon-young?" That name brought back so many memories.

"You don't remember me?" He looked disappointed.

"I do, but... wow you look different. Maybe because of your hair?"

Soon-young smiled again. "You didn't change much. You still look pretty."

It took a while before Ji-yeon realised what her childhood friend had just said. She started to blush. It looked like Soon-young belatedly realised what he had said, but he didn't take his words back. This guy... looks like you're still the same after all.

"Now you're smiling." He said it like he just accomplished an important mission. Ji-yeon realised that he was right. Soon-young had been here for no more than a few minutes but he had managed to make her forget the audition completely.

"But... I heard you didn't feel well..." he began, this time with a serious expression. "Did something happen?"

Ji-yeon sighed. It wasn't like Soon-young could help her, she thought. "I don't really want to talk about it... sorry."

"Who knows? I might be able to help you." He retorted. Ji-yeon reconsidered it. Soon-young had been her friend for years, until her family moved. He was always good at making her laugh. And after that holiday, they had become even closer. If she hadn't moved a few months later... Why didn't they keep in touch?

Right. This was the guy who had started her dream. The dream that had brought her a lot of joy all those years, but sadness today. How did he just happen to visit her today, of all days?

"You think?" Ji-yeon asked. Soon-young nodded. He looked confident.

"Well... have you ever had a dream?'' she began. ''Something you really want to fulfill?" Soon-young thought about it for a while and then told her he had. "Did it come true?"

Her old friend nodded again. "Yeah... I guess it did." He felt like he knew where this conversation was going.

"Was it hard to fulfill?"

"It was." Soon-young thought about his years as a trainee. "But it was worth it."

"Yeah? That's good..."

Soon-young saw that Ji-yeon still had a sad expression. "What about you?" He asked. "Is your dream fulfilled?" Ji-yeon didn't answer. "It's not? Is that why you're sad?"

Ji-yeon looked surprised. They hadn't seen each other for ten years, but he was still able to understand her quickly. She nodded.

"What's your dream?" He inquired. "Perhaps... the same dream as back then?"

"How did you..." Ji-yeon began before Soon-young pointed at the dance posters in her room. "Ah...'' she started playing with her fingers. ''You're right. But after today, I've decided to give up. I failed the audition completely and with this mindset I'll never-" Ji-yeon stopped herself. Why am I telling him this?

Embarrassed, she looked away. Soon-young reacted by stepping aside so that he would stand in front of her again. After that, he tried to make eye-contact with her again.

"Ji-yeon, will you show me your dance?"

 

 


pinkymaemae, Ilasion, Kpopfan65, CookieBase, Aristocat and mikikitten, thank you so much for subscribing!! And thanks for the upvote ^^