Not Our Wedding But We Probably Broke The Internet

Los Angeles x Toronto
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy has concluded: Wedding preparation is madness.

It's been hours since Lauren, the happy and excited bride, has made her try on bridesmaid gowns. "Lauren," Wendy says, after she's stepped out from the dressing room with her 5th gown,"Remind me exactly why I agreed to be your bridesmaid at such a last minute?" Lauren throws her head back chuckling and replies, "Out of love, Wendy, you did it out of love for me." "Keep quiet or I'll hit you with this who-knows-how-many-inch-heels i'm wearing" Wendy jokes back. "Excuse me Wendy, I'm the bride!"

Wendy rolls her eyes. "Whatever but please, tell me this is the final one I'm trying. One more time these assistants have to close these velvet curtains and I have to strip out of this heavy dress and kill myself with another, I will fly back to Korea this instant." Lauren frowns, all serious mode. She asks Wendy to turn a few times. She stays silent for a moment and Wendy holds her breath, praying silently the bride would be happy with the dress finally. Lauren finally responds. Faking a low voice, she goes,"That's a no from me." "WHY?!" Wendy shrieks almost immediately. "It simply didn't look good on you. It didn't complement your body figure and show it off." Lauren reasons. Wendy sighs and replies,"But Lauren, you're the bride here." "Exactly, so what I say is a must. Assistants! Yeah hey, could you get her the next dress I picked out from just now? Yeah this one. Okay great, thanks. Back in to the changing room you go, bridesmaid Wendy."

Wendy groans but follows anyway. The velvet curtains close again and she's back into yet another round of 'squeezing my body full of lumpy fats into dresses that look brighter than my future' (her words). Lauren sits outside waiting. Not only for Wendy, but also for Josh who is bringing Mark along to try on suits (but got stuck in the car in a traffic jam). She gets a call and quickly picks it up. "Hey Josh! Where are you now? Yeah? All's clear? That's great. Okay see you soon. Bye!" She hangs up and waits for the pop idol to finish getting into her 6th gown.

Fifteen minutes later, Wendy steps out again, looking even more tired. "Smile!" Lauren orders and Wendy quickly flashes her billion-dollar smile. "No wonder you're an idol..." Lauren teases, "You're beautiful." Wendy grins, "Does that mean this is the final dress?" Lauren pauses for a moment and speaks, "Well I really like how it flaunts your back and is tight around your hips to show your figure... but... somehow it still doesn't feel right?" "Lauren!!!!!" Wendy exclaims again, but this time she's not the only one saying her name. Both girls look up to see Josh grinning happily with an effortlessly handsome Mark behind (again, Wendy's mental description). Josh and Lauren exchange a quick hug. "Hey you look good!" Josh smiles at Wendy, after pulling away from Lauren. Wendy triumphantly turns to Lauren and exclaims again, "See! Now can we please just settle with this?" Ignoring them, Lauren shakes her head. "Wendy please, just one last one? Think of it as helping me go one step closer to my dream wedding? Pleasssseee?" Lauren puts her hands together and forces out a set of puppy eyes, blinking innocently at the singer. Wendy sighs. "Alright, alright, if you put it that way, I can't say no right?" She turns around and walks back into the dressing room, velvet curtains closed shut yet again.

Seconds after she entered, Lauren turns to Mark. "Hey Mark! So how do you think Wendy looked?" Flustered, Mark awkwardly nods, since he's been literally staring at her silently the moment he entered the wedding boutique such that even when the curtains closed he was still in a daze by how she is able to look like a goddess (but then again he's forever been stealing glances at her such that he came across fancam videos that proved it and fans even commented #wendynoticemarkplease, and if that's not embarrassing then do enlighten all of us what is). "What's a nod suppose to mean?" Lauren laughs. "Er... good?" Mark managed to reply, then flashing his celebrity smile when he noticed the couple was giving him weird looks. To Mark's relief, the boutique staff came over and he followed them into the dressing room right across Wendy's to try on the suits that Josh had pre-selected for him.

As if scripted in a korean drama, Wendy and Mark stepped out of their dressing room at the same time. The first thing, or person, that Wendy laid her eyes on the moment she looked up was the super handsome Mark Tuan who is now talking to a proudly smiling Josh ("That's my best man!" Josh had exclaimed since Mark looked absolutely flawless). As the wedding is red, black and white themed, Mark's suit, black on the inside and wine red on the outside, looks simple but absolutely stunning on him. It was sharp-looking, nicely-fitted that makes him look smart and also really approachable (and very very VERY handsome). Wendy quickly caught herself before she mutters "He's so hot..." because Lauren would not let her have the end of it if that happens. His blonde brown hair, which Wendy realised is in a similar shade as hers, seems to go very well with his suit that it was simply breath-taking. She quickly looked away. "So Lauren how do you l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter