Something Kinda Crazy, Kinda Stupid

Los Angeles x Toronto
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy is on the verge of doze off and happily entering dreamland but the excited giggling and whispering of the maknaes kept her awake.

Especially since her name kept being brought up in their little conversation.

"Quit it girls, I'm trying to catch some winks." she says as she rest her chin on her hand.

Red Velvet's schedule is as hectic as ever. And all Wendy wants to do at this music award after-party is to sleep.

"Catch some winks alright." Joy gives Wendy the look before giggling again with Yeri.

"Girls, that's enough." Irene says tiredly from having to hear the maknaes go on and on, especially Joy, since she sits right next to her at this circular table.

"See, the leader spoke up now let me sleep." Wendy adds and is about to rest her head on the table when something Seulgi said jolted her up again.

"But don't you think they'll look quite good together?"

"Not you too, Seulgi" Irene sighs as the maknaes squeal with a series of "I know right!" and  "Yes! You think so too?!"

Yeri, sitting in between Joy and Seulgi, slaps Seulgi's arm playfully before giving a Joy a high five as a sign of victory.

Wendy raises her eyebrows as she lifts her head up. "Who'll look good with who?" she turns to Seulgi on her left.

Joy laughs obnoxiously and Wendy wonders what Sungjae sees in her. But as they say, love is blind. If it is even love in the first place.

Wendy snaps at them again in attempt to shut them up but the girls just kept giggling away. Wendy wonders why on earth is she stuck with them.

"No but seriously Irene, they'll look incredible together." Seulgi tries to reason and Irene pauses to think.

Wendy turns to her right, looking at Irene, expecting her to at least have that little rationality in her, that is, apparently absent from her other members.

"Well..." Irene says slowly.

"Well?" Yeri repeats, resting her chin on her hand as she leans closer.

"Kind of?" Irene finishes her sentence.

Though vague, it sent the maknaes squealing again and going all "I told you so!" on the leader.

Confused as ever, Wendy runs her hand through her hair and was about to speak when Joy goes all "Whoa y~" with a mischievous grin.

"Seriously, I'm so done with you girls. I'm going to get some food." Wendy says as she starts to get up from her seat, taking her snapback with her as she do so.

"YES YES! Hurry and make your way to the buffet area and get some food, hurry up now! Shoo shoo! Get us food too!" Joy says as she sits up straight all of a sudden, obviously hinting something but who knows what.

Wendy raises her eyebrows one last time before leaving the table and making a beeline for the buffet, mentally drawing on Joy's face with her favorite lipstick collection as well as planning how she was going to bring 5 plates of food back.

"Oh crap, d-dude she's walking th-this way, wh-what do I d-do?" the usually charismatic guy becomes a sputtering mess, speaking in his native language all of a sudden.

Jackson raises his eyebrows. "Talk to her?" he replies in English, not looking at , who by now is a nervous wreck, as he continues to scoop up more kimchi fried rice onto his plate.

"H-how am I su-suppose to talk to her? Oh my gawd, she... she's so pretty cl-close up."

"You're not even standing that close to her."

"She... she's there!"

"Where?"

Jackson looks at where Mark is staring hopelessly at and spots her. Red flannel and snapback, Son Seungwan Wendy is at the row of buffet food across them.

"Dude you can't even see her face. Her darn back is facing us. And she's in the freaking next aisle, what's wrong with you?" Jackson says, looking unamused at Mark.

"But... but it's really pretty right?" he says shyly, scratching his nape awkwardly.

"No." Jackson replies flatly and turns back to eye- the metal buffet containers, contemplating what food he should pile onto his plate next.

Mark goes back to staring at her back, watching her add a few fried wraps onto 5 different plates.

"She's carrying 5 plates?" Mark wonders out loud.

"Then be a man and help her carry it. The plates ain't going to carry themselves if you only stare at her like that, you ain't got eye power, dude." Jackson simply replies before moving down the table of buffet food and leaving the older guy to himself.

The thought of going over to her sent Mark's poor heart thumping like crazy all over again. He curses Jackson in his head for leaving him alone here.

Mark decides to walk over to her, repeating "You are not an awkward " in his head so many times it's starting to sound like those chants wizards and witches do.

His heart beats like crazy with every step he took towards her. Like seriously, his heart is sprinting a 100km per second. If that's even possible. But you get the idea.

Just as he made it to her, the girl happened to turn around, coming face to face with him.

"OMG eonnie, look! He's staring at eonnie as she's taking food!" Yeri squeals and Joy looks like she's hit by a train, a train of feels, as she squeals in this soft yet high-pitched voice.

Irene raises her eyebrows. "So?"

"Look at the way he'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter