[Suga x Rap Monster] Life

Song Shuffle Challenge (Taking Requests!)

“Namjoon-ah” 

 

His hyung’s hushed voice next to his ear pulls him out of his nap.

 

“Hm?”

 

“What is life?”

 

Namjoon almost laughs. Really. It’s such a deep question coming from the member that barely talks. He doesn’t though - the insecurity he reads in Yoongi’s eyes tells the younger that this particular question must’ve been bothering his hyung for quite some time. 

 

Leaning his head against the other’s shoulder, ignoring the muffled “yah” from the older, Namjoon properly ponders the question. What is life? 

 

Life is mistakes, he thinks.

It’s not knowing right from wrong, but wanting to be right.

It’s hopes and dreams that bleed from the pen-tip to paper. Spilt black-blood unwittingly revealing the heart’s innermost secrets - the ones people aren’t supposed to know. 

 

From his other side, Hoseok disagrees.
Life is heady smell of sweat and heavy bass beats when the music tells you to move and you dance till you can’t anymore.

 

Do we live to die or die to live?

 

Yoongi’s second question is even deeper than his first and Namjoon gives up. Rummaging around in his bag for the notepad that never leaves his side and telling his hyung to wait a while for his answer.

 

Yoongi listens to Namjoon’s mixtape the day it comes out.

 

Namjoon never really did answer his question. But somehow Yoongi found his answer anyway.