Wipe Your Eyes {YulSic}

Jessica's Pairing Oneshot Collection

Yuri P.O.V

 

The rain pour steadily outside since this morning. With a laptop and a cup of coffee, I work these papers since I can’t go anywhere with this weather, even today is Saturday. When I get bored or want to rest for a while, I look at the street through the big window. I can see people with umbrella on their hand, walking or sometimes running. My apartment is on the 14th floor, that’s why I can look at those people easily.

 

After I sip my coffee and about to continue my work, my phone vibrates. The screen lights up. A new message. I slide the open button and read the message, it’s from my bestfriend.

 

[From: Sica,

Can you open the door?]

 

I furrow my eyebrows when I read that message. What is Sica doing here in the middle of rain like this? Without bothering to reply, I walk toward the door and open it. As soon as the door opens, I greeted by my bestfriend whose clothes already dampened because of the rain, while her hands hugging each other and head hung low.

 

“Sica? What happened?”

 

Without giving any answer, Jessica hugs me tightly and cries after. My clothes gets dampened because of this, but I don’t mind it at all.

 

“Let’s go in and get you change your clothes first, okay? Come on.” With that we walk inside my apartment and straight to my bedroom. I search for her clothes in my cupboard. She sometimes sleepover at my apartment and vice versa, that’s why she has her clothes here. “Change into this first and we’ll talk after. I’ll get you hot chocolate first.”

 

I leave her in my bedroom then go to the kitchen and make a cup of hot chocolate, before bring it to the living room where Jessica already waiting for me there. I place the glass on the table and take a seat beside her.

 

“Hey.”

 

Jessica turns her head and I clearly see those crystal tears b in her eyes. She then hugs me again and right after that her tears break down. She cries really hard in my embrace. I rub my hand against her back, trying to comfort her. After few minutes, she finally stops and breaks the hug. I lift her chin up and wipe those tears from her eyes with my thumbs.

 

“What happened to you? Who’s the one that makes my bestfriend crying like this?” My heart breaks when I see her crying like this. I can’t bear looking at the person I love the most crying. Yes, I love Jessica and she doesn’t know about this. We’ve been friends since we’re childhood and I just developed my feelings at her since the 1st year of college. The reason why I haven’t confess my feeling to her is just because I’m afraid if she doesn’t feel the same and after that our friendship will be ruined. I know I’m a coward, but I rather bury this feeling deep down my heart than losing her.

 

“Sooyoung.. W-we broke up..”

 

“What? But why? I see you and her are in love with each other.”

 

“I spotted her cheating with Sunny behind my back, this morning when I went to her apartment only to see them k-kissing each other passionately.” She cries again.

 

I clenched my fist tightly. Only if Sooyoung is here, I would’ve punch her face really hard for hurting a beatiful yet fragile princess like her.

 

Sooyoung was Jessica’s girlfriend for about 3 years. It was started when Jessica had a crush on Sooyoung who was a captain in our college’s basketball team and she’s one of the popular girl in their college. Until the last year of college, Sooyoung and Jessica officially got together with the help of me. I know you might think I’m crazy because I help my rival to win Jessica’s heart, but at that time I just thought of Jessica’s happiness without even thinking of mine.

 

“I don’t know why s-she’s doing that. Am I not enough for her? Did she got bored with me and decided to cheat with S-sunny behind my back?”

 

“Ssshhh.. No, You’re beautiful, kind and caring enough, Sica. She’s the one who couldn’t appreciate that. She’s stupid that she’s cheating over you. That bastard...” I say the last two words under my breath angrily.

 

“I swear I won’t go back to her even if she’ll beg me.”

 

“Yeah. It’s enough to get hurt once. Don’t ever jump on the same wrong hole again, or if you want to get hurt again.” I say while smiling, as my thumbs wipe those tears away. “Drink this first!”

 

She grabs the glass and sips the hot chocolate. After a few sips, she places it back on the table.

 

“Sorry for disturbing your time, Yul.” She said after looking at bunch of papers and laptop on the table.

 

“Nothing to be sorry, Sica. You’ll never disturbing me. You’re my bestfriend afterall, and bestfriend should listen and help each others, right?”

 

She smiles and nods her head.

 

“Can I sleep here tonight?”

 

“Of course.” I look up at the clock and it shows 8 p.m. It’s been 4 hours since Jessica came here. I don’t know if it’s that long. “Let’s go sleep now.”

 

“How about your works?” she asked when she sees me turning off the laptop and arranging those papers.

 

“I can finish it later or tomorrow morning. I already feeling tired afterall and I know you too, Sica. So, come on!”

 

We both walk toward my bedroom and lay on my bed side to side. We usually sleep beside each other whenever we have sleepover, and Jessica always hug and snuggle at me while sleeping. She said that she likes the warmth of my body. While me, of course, everytime she did that my heart will beat crazily. I sometimes couldn’t sleep because of that and the other reason is I like to watch her adorable sleeping face. It’s really cute.

 

“Morning, Yul~” greeted Jessica when I arrive at the kitchen. She’s wearing my apron while preparing for breakfast. “I’m making pancakes for our breakfast. I hope you’re okay with that.”

 

“I always okay as long it’s you who cooked it.” I can see her blushing when I said that. I immediately imaginary punch my head for blurting that words. “Err... S-sorry.”

 

“It’s okay.” She smiles sweetly at me that makes my heart jump in crazy.

 

The breakfast goes smoothly without any awkwardness because of my words earlier. I just glad because of that. After the breakfast, Jessica stays for a little while, before decides to go back to her apartment since she has work to do.

 

**

 

It’s been 5 months since that day and I see that Jessica is already move on from Sooyoung. But lately, we rarely see each other and I feel that she’s a bit ignoring me and distancing herself from me. I know that I have no right to justice her like that, because maybe she has a lot of works to do, but I feel different. Everytime I call her, she only talk if I ask her first and it’s not like before when she always very talkative on the phone, telling me about her day in the office and else. I don’t know what I did behind that makes me deserve this kind of treatment.

 

Until one day, I decide to call her and asking her out.

 

“Hey!” greeted me when she answers the call.

 

“Oh, hi Yul~” greeted her. “What’s up?”

 

“Uhm, nothing important. It just—”

 

“What?”

 

“Are you free this weekend? It’s been a long time since we hang out together, right?”

 

There’s a silence before Jessica answers.

 

“Yeah, it’s been a long time. I am free this weekend, how about we meet at our favourite place to hang out? At 7 p.m?”

 

“Call. I also want to tell you something. See you in weekend!” I said before hung up the call. Yes, I’m planning to confess to her this weekend. I already consider the consequences if she doesn’t feeling the same at me.

 

Today is the day when I and Jessica hang out again after some long time and the day that I will confess my feeling at her. I’m now waiting for her at our favourite place to hangout. Yes, it’s the cafe near our university. We always hang out there before until now.

 

“Welcome to Soshi Cafe. May I get—oh, Yuri!” greeted the barista, Kim Taeyeon, who happens to be my bestfriend. This cafe is her family’s, it already have many branches over South Korea, and now Taeyeon is the one who manage the cafe in this area.

 

“Hey, Taeng! Long time no see! How are you and Fany?” Tiffany is my and Jessica’s bestfriend too, she’s Taeyeon’s wife since a year ago.

 

“We’re good. How about you? I never see you hang out with Sica here lately. You guys didn’t fight, right?”

 

“Nope. We just getting busier, I think.” I shrug my shoulder. I want to tell Taeyeon the truth that Jessica seemed avoiding me these days, but I decide to not to.

 

“Oh. Erm.. Yul, have you—” I immediately cut off Taeyeon’s words before she finishes.

 

“Not yet.”

 

“You know, Yul, you have to confess to her what your real feeling toward her. You can’t be a coward for forever.”

 

“I know, Taeng. That’s why I’m planning on cofessing my feeling to her today. We agree to meet up here in few minutes.”

 

That’s when I finish saying that, the bell ringing as the door opens and reveals a gorgeous petite girl. When I look at her, I can’t help but drooling over her beauty. She looks so gorgeous yet cute with that blue sweater, a pair of jeans and high heels, with her hair fall freely..

 

“Close your mouth, Yul.” Taeyeon whispers. I immediately close my mouth as I wave at her. I can hear Taeyeon laughing at me behind my back.

 

“Hi. Sorry I’m late. Traffic jam. Have you waited for long?” asked Jessica as she looks at Taeyeon and smiles. “Hi Taengoo! How are you? Long time no see.”

 

“Yeah. I’m all good, Sica.” Taeyeon answered then smiles back at Jessica.

 

“Nope. I just arrived here 5 minutes ago and about to order my coffee. What do you want?”

 

“The usual. Americano with extra espresso shot.”

 

“Okay. I want Caramel Macchiato with extra caramel. Thanks Taeng!” Taeyeon shows her thumbs up, as Yuri and Jessica leave to their table.

 

“It' been long time, isn't it? What are you doing these days? I thought I lost my bestfriend.” I said, opening the conversation between us. But wait. Is it just me or I see her sad face when I say the bestfriend word?

 

“Just getting pretty busier these days. I have to fly from South Korea to another countries. That’s why.”

 

After that, Taeyeon come and serve our coffees.

 

“Here are your coffees. Enjoy it. And good luck Yul!” Taeyeon does a fighting pose while winking at me, before runs back to her counter. That kiddo~

 

“Good luck for what?” asked Jessica cofusedly.

 

“Ah, nothing. It’s just Taeyeon talking nonsense again.” I laughed awkwardly. I swear I’m gonna smack that kid’s head really hard if Jessica rejects me.

 

“Oh, okay. And how about you? What are you doing these past few days?”

 

“Same as you. Working as usual.”

 

“By the way, what’s that you want to tell me?”

 

“Erm, are you free after this?”

 

“I told you, I’m free today, Yul.” She smiles sweetly at me that makes me almost getting nosebleed.

 

“Let’s go then.”

 

“Wait, where are we going?”

 

“Somewhere. Come on!” I drag her toward the exit door, after paying for our coffees.

 

I decide to bring Jessica to Han River. I choose that place to confess to her about my feeling because it’s the place where I and Jessica always went to whenever we have problem or just want to relax ourselves from works. The trip from the cafe to Han River doesn’t last that long because the distance isn’t that far.

 

“Han River? Why are we here, Yul? I still don’t get it.” I just smile at her confuse face.

 

“Let’s go out.”

 

We both get out from the car and the cold night wind breezed welcome us. I motion her to join me lean on the car.

 

“It’s cold here. Glad I have my sweater with me.” Jessica says as she hugs her arms with her own hands.

 

“Yeah. It already winter, you know.” I said. “Do you remember the first time we here?”

 

“Of course. That’s when you beg for my forgiveness of your cucumber prank on me. You were so mean back then.”

 

“That shows how much I love my bestfriend.”

 

“A bestfriend won’t do such prank like that. You know I really hate cucumber.”

 

“Yes, I know. I know it very well. But, that time you ignoring me for a week is a torture for me. You even force me to pay for your meal for a month. You were mean too.”

 

“Serves you right. Who told you to mess with Jessica Jung Sooyeon.” She says proudly. We both laughs afterwards while reminiscing our memories back then.

 

Then, we fall into silence. No one dare to speak. Until I decide that it’s the right time.

 

“Erm, Sica..” I call her and turn at her.

 

“Hm?” I slowly hold her hand and I can see a surprise on Jessica’s eyes. “Y-Yul..”

 

“Sica, we both knew each other since we childhood and we always together whenever we went. When we’re in college, I started feeling something. My heart always beated crazily whenever you near me, whenever you smiled at me. And I couldn’t help but my heart hurt when I heard you and Sooyoung were officially together. I know it’s not your fault, but it’s mine because I was being a coward for not telling you my true feeling. I just scared of what consequence I will face if you doesn’t feel the same at me. I’d rather bury my feeling than lost you. But, I decide that this time I will not let anyone steal you from me again.”

 

I take a deep breath as I look straight into her eyes.

 

“I love you Jung Sooyeon. Will you be my girlfriend?”

 

Jessica just keep silent. I sense that she may not feel the same way toward me. I smile bitterly as I slowly let go of her hand.

 

“I’m s-sorry if you—”

 

My words cut off when she suddenly kiss me. I get surprise at first, but soon I kiss her back. We kiss for minutes, before break it.

 

“You stupid Kwon! Do you know how long I wait for you to say that? Of course, I want to be your girlfriend.”

 

“You waited for me? Since when?” I ask her confusedly.

 

“Remember when I first got crush at Sooyoung? That time I also want to test you wether you’re jealous or not, but the result was no. So I decided to continue my feeling at Sooyoung, because I thought you didn't love me.”

 

“Then, where are you these past months? You kind of avoiding me..”

 

“I just confused at my feelings. I know I love you, but seeing how you look at me just as your bestfriend made me confused and sad. I really want to confess but I don’t want to lose you. Just like what you said earlier.”

 

“So, all of this time, we share a mutual feeling but scared to confess? Aigoo, I can’t believe this!” we both laugh at our stupidity. “But, that doesn’t matter anymore because I have you as my girlfriend now.”

 

“Yep. I love you, Yuri-ah.”

 

“I love you too, Sooyeon.”

 

With that, our lips seal again. We both kiss each other lovingly. I just glad that I finally have the courage to confess, if not maybe things won’t be like this.

 


Hello there! I’ve wrote a new story of yulsic after a loooooong time xD

Hope you like it guys! Don’t forget to comment and upvote if you like this story. Thankssss<3