Roommate

I Need U

Hoseok POV

 

It was late at night when I woke up. I was all sweaty and felt like someone had set me on fire. Everything was dark and I couldn’t see anything. I panicked a little, kicked my blanket away and hurried out of my bed. I went straight to the bathroom and kneeled down in front of the toilet. The next thing I remembered is that I had thrown up.
The next day I felt a hand on my shoulder which shook me softly. Slowly I opened my eyes and lifted my gaze just to see the worried face of my roommate. Before I could properly realize that I felt asleep next to the toilet, he carefully helped me to get on my feet and I noticed that my whole body was shivering. Slowly he carried me to bed and tucked me. He caressed my cheek softly and then left my room. I tried to stop him from going, but my body didn’t move, neither did my mouth. I mentally sighed and looked at the ceiling. My throat was sore and my whole body was hurt from lying on the ground in the bathroom.
Suddenly I heard a sound of crashing class from the kitchen. I wanted to get up and see, if my roommate was hurt or something but my body was too weak so I only could sit up slowly. I wanted to say something but as soon as I opened my mouth not a single tone left my throat. My heart started to beat faster and I could feel the fear creeping up my spine. Before I could force my body out of bed my roommate spoke to me.

“Don’t worry, everything is fine!”, he called from the kitchen and I heard him laughing.

My body relaxed a bit and weakly I formed a slight smile with my lips. I leaned on the wall behind my bed and observed the door to my room. Then I began to think about several things. What if I hadn’t had my roommate? I still would be lying in the bathroom, whining and probably crying. It wasn’t the first time something like that happened. Every time I woke up in the middle of the night, had thrown up in the bathroom and, unfortunately, always fell asleep there, my roommate kept calm, carried me to bed every morning and made breakfast for the both of us. I was thankful to have him as my roommate and nobody else. He did understand me and he was totally fine with my problems. But was he happy with me? Did I understand him that well too? I asked him several times if he’s okay with me being his roommate and he always kept smiling and said that he’d never been luckier to have a roommate like me. I always smiled back and thanked him, while hugging him nearly to death. But it kept bugging me that I felt like there was something he’s hiding from me.
I my lips and grimaced a little because I tasted vomit which was left on them from yesterday. It was a disgusting taste but I was used to it by now. Slowly I regained my strength so I could lift a hand to wipe the taste off my lips. I flinched a little as the door suddenly opened and my roommate entered with self-made breakfast. He gave me a bright smile and sat down next to me on my bed while placing the tray with food on his lap. I returned a little smile and weakly reached out my hand to grab the cup of coffee. I took one sip and then glanced at my roommate who was already eating his breakfast.

“The coffee’s good...”, I mumbled and took another sip.

“Is it? That’s fine.”, he said bright smiling while munching on his bread.

“Yeah, it is”, I said smiling softly and nodded. I leaned on his shoulder and rested my head on the wall behind us. I sighed and watched him eating. After breakfast he decided to clean the kitchen while I was showering and putting on fresh clothes. About an hour later I went to his room and knocked before I went in.

“What’s on your mind?”, he asked softly while eyeing me as I sat down on his bed next to his desk.

“I wanted to thank you.”, I said shortly.

“It’s not a big deal, you know that?”

I nodded. “Yes I do.”

Silence took place and we both didn’t like it that is why he decided to break it. He got up from his desk and sat next to me. He sighed heavily. “So… are you going to tell me what’s really on your mind?”, he said while facing me.

“Am I a bother to you?”, I asked him quietly.

“No! Don’t think that. You know, that I’m lucky to have a roommate like you!”

“Every time something like last night happens you tell me the same…”, I sighed quietly. Tears build up at the edges of my eyes. “Every time it's the same thing you tell me, the same thing you do to me even the same smile you give to me!”, I said louder and the first tears ran down my cheeks. He wiped them away with his thumbs after cupping my face. He hesitated because he didn’t know what he should say right now. Tears kept running down my cheeks and he kept wiping them away.

“Please don’t cry… I didn’t mean to be like this… You know how I actually am and I really don’t want you to cry…”, he spoke softly. He took me in his embrace and slowly my head. I buried my face in his chest and cried it all out. We were sitting there for about a half an hour and he kept persuading me that I’m not a bother, that he’s sorry and he would be always by my side. After I calmed down he let me out of his embrace and took my hands. “Hoseok, look into my eyes.”, he whispered. As I looked up and our eyes met I could feel my tears coming up again. I sniffled and he shushed me again with cupping my face with his small hands. He was so adorable right now that I had to smile a little. “Can you please look into my eyes?”, he asked again and I finally looked up, meeting with his eyes. “I promise to you, I’ll never leave you behind or reject you, okay? You are my best friend and it would be a great loss if I’d throw you away like a little bubblegum wrapping.”, he explained with his eyes locked with mine. I smiled again and sighed in relief. “Thank you…”, I whispered and leaned my forehead against his. “Thank you so much…”, I repeated and nearly cried again. He hugged me tightly one last time before he let go of me. The brown haired boy sat down at his desk and quickly typing something on his computer before he gazed at me again, smiling at me like a silly duck. I chuckled a bit and shook my head. From the edge of my eye I saw him typing again and I was curious with who.

“Hey.”

“Yeah?”

“Who are you writing with?”

“You know that one guy from the dance center who’s with us in class and dances like a wriggling fish?”

“Yeah. That Zelo-Kid?”

“Exactly. And you know that we have this assignment to present a choreo at the end of the semester?”

“Yeah.”

“Our teacher teamed me and him up and so yeah..”

“WHAT?!”, I nearly screamed. He flinched at my sudden volume change.

“What is it?!”, he asked immediately.

“He did what?! Why didn’t you tell me?!”, I hissed and glared at him, pretending to be really mad at him.

“You skipped last time we had practi-“, he got cut off because I think he was scared at how mad I looked at him right now.

“Hoseok, listen. I tried to talk to him but he won’t let me change my partner.. I tried, ok? Now stop being mad at me… I don’t want to fight!”, he said and his voice was filled with fear that I really would be mad at him.

“Hey Kid.. I was just kidding. I’m not mad at you … at all.”, I mumbled and looked down on my lap. After I heard him sighing I gazed at him again. “And who am I with if it isn’t you?”, I asked him.

He finished typing the sentence and turned his face again to me. “Well I don’t know.. Our teacher mentioned that a new guy would join our dancing group. He clearly said that he isn’t a beginner and that he is at our level. I’m not quite sure what I should think about it but anyway I guess this is your new partner.”

“Ahhh geeeez..”, I sighed and let my body fall back into his bed. I stared at the ceiling while listening to the typing of my roommate. I heard him giggling once or twice and it made me smile a bit. I really loved it, that we both shared an apartment. He was always there for me and I was always there for him. Slowly I turned my face to him and smiled at how adorable he was when he was chatting. Every time he sits in front of his computer, chatting with someone, he had this adorable smile on his face. Then his slightly chubby cheeks showed up and I always had to behave myself not to pinch them because he really didn’t like it. I chuckled a bit and cuddled with his pillow while I continued watching him.

After two hours had passed we decided to go eat somewhere out of the apartment, in a restaurant or something. But somehow we ended up eating hotdogs while chatting noisy. My roommate always cheered me up with his silly jokes and the dumb gestures he made. Some passengers were looking at us as if we’d smoked weed or something. That made us even more laugh and we loved it.

At the end of the day we were sitting on the swings at the public park near our apartment. I ate my ice-cream while he was drinking his smoothie. Suddenly my phone buzzed and I looked at it.

“Who is it?” Now he was the curious one.

“It’s Namjoon. He wants to meet up somewhere. I guess he and Jin are fighting again.”, I explained him after finishing reading the message. I sighed and the brown haired boy next to me nodded.

“Tell him, we gonna pick him up from work.”

“But then we have to go there on foot and it’s so far awa-”

“Yah! Don’t be picky, just text him already.”, he said a bit angry and I tried to hold in my chuckle because he was really cute, when he tries to act mad. “Fine.”, I said and send Namjoon that we’d pick him up from his work.

We walked all the way to the gas station Namjoon was working at. He waited for us at his car and as soon as we arrived we greeted him with a brotherly hug.

“Is everything fine between you and Jinnie?”, I immediately asked him and he ruffled my roommates hair while smiling sadly.

“Yeah.”, he answered shortly but I didn’t believe him.

“You’re an open book sometimes. Tell us what happened.”, I demanded and he sighed heavily.

“Yoongi and I were working on some mixtapes for his projects and we both were so into it that I forgot about our anniversary and he kind of got mad at me because he expected me to plan everything… And I already said that I was sorry and if he gave me one day I would fix this and he’d get his romantically dinner and whatsoever. But then he freaked out and throw me outta the apartment.“, he sighed and lowered his head.

“And Yoongi didn’t have to leave?”, my roommate asked him.

“No.. He was allowed to stay. After all, he has to work with his computer and this isn’t going very well at the hallway of our house.”, Namjoon explained and ruffled his silver hair.  

“Did you apologize to Jin?”, I asked him carefully.

He nodded. “Yes. I did! Multiple times! He read my messages but didn’t answer them. If I call him, he’ll hang up and if I knock at the door nobody’s opening. Not even Yoongi answers my texts or calls! I think they conspired against me. Howsoever… you have to know, that it wasn’t my purpose to forget our anniversary… I just was lost in the world of Yoongis mixtape that I really forgot about everything.”, he sighed again and we both could hear that he suffered a lot. I hugged Namjoon tightly and he returned it. “Listen. You’re going to sleep on our couch until Jin is back to normal, okay?”, I said softly while I let go of him again. He nodded and wanted to say something but my roommate suddenly spoke up.

“No! We won’t wait until Jin is back to normal!”, he said aggressively, eyeing the both of us. “You’re going to fight for him, okay?! We will create a plan together for making Jin forgive you. Just listen to me and Hoseok and you’ll get Jinnie back within hours. Is that clear you big crybaby!?”, my roommate suddenly got eager to help our friend. He glanced up to Namjoon with a lot of confidence in his eyes that made me smile. I nodded a bit and also looked up to our taller friend.

Namjoon was at first a bit shocked at the sudden reaction of my roommate before he started to smile brightly. He ruffled my roommate’s hair and chuckled a bit.

“Alright Jimin. Then let’s make a Plan to get Jinnie back!”

__________

Hope you liked it :P~
See you soon <3