Rooftop Talks

I Need U

Hoseok POV

 

After we drove home I got some pillows and blankets for Namjoon. The tall boy sat down on our couch with his head still lowered. He sighed and looked at his fingernails. “Here you go, crybaby.”, Jimin said and handed him a cup of tea. “I’ll get some drinks.”, he said and went back to the kitchen.

“Don’t call him that nickname, Jimin.”, I scolded and glared at the smaller one’s back. After all, Namjoon was our friend and we all know that his weak spot was Jin. Namjoon sighed. “Leave it, Hoseok. He’s still a baby himself, he doesn’t know what’s right to say and what not.”, he said smiling a bit.

“Hey! I heard that!”, Jimin yelled from the kitchen.

“You were supposed to!”, Namjoon yelled back and I chuckled a bit. I sat down next to him and grabbed his phone. Knowing the code, I unlocked it and went through his messages he had sent Jin. “God, you’re really cheesy when it comes to him.”, I said amused. He hummed in agreement because he knew that he was like this and he wouldn’t win this argument against me. I kept scrolling through his messages and had to giggle sometimes because his texts were really cheesy. In the meanwhile, Namjoon the TV but he was just zapping through the channels. After I finished reading the messages, I let myself fall back on the couch. I sighed and eyed Namjoon’s back. “Hey big one.”, I hummed softly. “Yeah?”, he replied and turned his face to me.

“Jin is a diva some times.”, I said while grinning brightly.

“You’re probably right.”, he admitted and turned off the TV. Then I got up, handed him his mobile phone back and went to the kitchen. “Jimin? Is everything alright? You need way too long to get some drinks.”, I said amused. Once I reached it, I saw Jimin sitting in front of the refrigerator. He trembled a little because he only wore a top and his underwear. “I hate it, when they fight…”, he said and looked down. I sighed a bit. “Get up, you little baby. You’ll catch a cold if you stay sitting down there.”, I said softly and held out my hands to help him up. I heard him grumbling at the nickname I recently gave him but he took my hands and got on his feet. As soon as he was up I took him in my embrace and hugged him tightly. He returned my hug and I heard him sniffle. “Are you crying?”, I asked with a soft smile. “No.. My eyes are just sweating.”, he said and rubbed his eyes with his palms. I laughed and let go of him. Then I ruffled his hair and gave him a smile. “Don’t cry, okay? They’ll be together again the next days. I promise.”, I cheered him up and grinned slightly. “Now get some clothes on. You’re not going to get to bed early. We have a plan to make.”, I demanded and patted his back. He laughed weakly and nodded, then he went to his room to change. Sometimes, I really felt like the only adult one in our group but I could understand him. Jimin was that kind of person for who the most important thing in the world was family and friends. He hated when some of our friends, his parents or the both of us had a fight. When it comes to things like arguments or fights, he was the necessarily water to put out the fire that was burning between them. Even if we both had an argument, he’ll always be the one who comes up to me and calmly says that we have to talk about it. I loved him for that, really.

In the meantime I went back to the living room and sat in front of our little couch table. I took out some blank papers and a pen and handed it to Namjoon. “You’ll write a cute rap for your princess, okay?”, I said while writing something on another paper. Namjoon nodded and began to write down some tags. Jimin had made his way back from his room and sat next to me. “So, Mr. Genius, tell me what’s your plan on how to get Jin back?”, I asked while glancing at him.

“What? I said we should make a plan together. I’ve never said, that I actually have a plan..”, he looked down guilty but I could see that he was grinning.

“I swear. One day I’m going to kill you.”, I said and he giggled.

“But I have some ideas what Namjoon-hyung could do.”, Jimin continued and took the pen out of my hand. “Namjoon-hyung could pick him up after work and in the meantime I would prepare a romantic dinner somewhere at the park nearby.”, he explained while writing his idea down.

“Jinnie is still mad at me. He would never get in the car, I know that. I think, he would just ignore me and go away..”, Namjoon said desperate.

 “That’s right.”, I agreed while I thought of how we could make Jin to forgive him.

We were sitting there for about two or maybe three hours discussing ideas how to break through Jin’s dickhead. At two o’clock I send Jimin off to bed while Namjoon and I spend the whole night up on writing the lyrics for his rap. It turned out kind of cute but fulfilled with all his feelings for him. At seven o’clock in the morning Namjoon fell asleep and so I decided to go to bed too. Fortunately, today I had to work late so I could sleep until noon before I had to go to work.

As soon as I arrived at work Jin was already waiting impatiently for me. “You’re late, Hoseok.”, he said coldly and frowned.

“Just five minutes. I wanted to eat my breakfast properly, okay?”, I defended myself and he just shrugged.

“Whatever. Now hurry up. We have to get a lot of work done.”, he said grumpy.

We both got into the big building and I changed my clothes at the lounge and then went to work. Jin and I had to check two floors with each having 30 rooms. Normally a doctor had to spend at least ten minutes per patient but Jin, the good looking and popular doctor he was, minimum spend 20 minutes for each person. Too, there were people who needed extra service. It was really tiring putting so much time and effort in our work but it definitely was worth it. We both didn’t want these people to be sad because they were in a hospital of any cause. It’s sad enough to be in a hospital, but it’ll just get worse when you got an unfriendly doctor who’s impatient and grumpy all the time. That’s one of the reasons why Jin and I decided to study medical profession because we both liked to help people and hated it when doctors were unfriendly. Also, that's how Jin and I became friends. We studied together and came along well. We were a team all the time and nobody dared to separate us. I admit that it was quite fun to go around with Jin, cheering up the patients and helping them. Just to go around with one of my best friends, having fun and to cheer up people. In my opinion, this was the best part at my work. Except when Jin had a bad day. Then he was all grumpy to me and he fake smiled a lot during our visits. I somehow hated how good he was at acting and that seriously everybody fell for that but for now I get along with it.

After we checked all our patients it was already ten o’clock at night. Jin’s shift had already ended but he’d stay until my break finishes. I sighed and sat down on Jin’s table in his office while I waited for him to come back because he said, that he would get us some coffee. Bored as I was, I started to look through the papers that were lying on his table. I know I wasn’t allowed to look at them but I knew he wouldn’t mind. I sat in his big leather seat and started reading as one piece of paper caught my attention. I carefully pulled it out of the stack and gasped a little. It was an old paper, which someone had ripped in two pieces before and now was taped together again. This was the first letter Namjoon had written to Jin. It was a cheesy poem on how beautiful and special he was to him. I remember that one day good. It was at the university campus when Jin had gotten real mad at Namjoon because he found that poem in his backpack. He knew that it was from Namjoon because he had signed it with the letter ‘N’. He really hoped Jin wouldn’t find out that this letter was written by him. But Jin was(and still is) smart and not dumb. On that day Jin also had shout for the first time at him and he said things like that he wasn’t gay and he thought they were best friends. After he finished shouting at Namjoon he had left and, believe it or not, after two months they were a couple. ‘What idiots am I friends with.’, I thought and then had to giggle because they probably thought the same way about me. I sighed and put the letter back where I had pulled it out.

I rested my upper body on the table and decided to write Jimin.

To: Chimchim
‘Hey Jimin :D
Have you found dinner in the fridge? I hope you liked it ^_^~
Work is exhausting and I want to go home right now… Jin has one of his bad days and it looks like he didn’t sleep well last night too. /
sigh/ I hope Joonie will fix this soon.’

Immediately I got a reply.

To: My Hope
‘Don’t die out there. I need someone who cooks dinner for me. D:
Yes, the food was delicious!<3 My work wasn’t really exciting at all and did you clean our apartment? Because when I got home the whole apartment was cleaned. Namjoon didn’t sa
y anything about it so I guess you did it, right?
Anyway, Namjoon and I got some ideas for the plan. We’re going to tell you when you’re home. Have a great time at the hospital and say Jin hello from us~’

I sighed as I read the message but I had to smile. Namjoon really was a good boy. ‘I have to thank him later on for cleaning our apartment.’, I thought and sat up. I wanted to reply when suddenly Jin came back. “Oh my god. Did you get lost in the building or what held you up for so long?”, I asked him and got up to get my coffee.

“I’m sorry. Our boss couldn’t stop talking and I guess I did a thing you aren’t happy with.”, he said and looked down guilty.

“Our boss is still here at a time like this? And what have you done?”, I asked him and my gaze darkened.

“Well.. after that talk with our boss.. I guess.. I maybe said that you’re free right now and..”, he breathed out heavily and dragged a guy with the same height as the both of us in the room. He had dark brown hair and he wore eyeliner. I raised one of my eyebrows and looked at Jin and waited for him to explain. “Our boss said because you’re free right now you could show him around in the hospital.”

My jaw dropped and I eyed the guy next to Jin who was very insecure right now. “But I have break right now! I don’t want to show some kid the building. Everything is labeled an-“, I suddenly stopped and looked at that young man next to Jin. He gazed down and was even more insecure now. I breathed out heavily and then ran my fingers through my hair. “Okay. I’ll do it but you have to do something for me Jin.”, I said and took my coffee cup out of his hand. He looked right into my eyes and sighed. “Fine. I know what you want me to do.”, he quickly gave in. I think, he didn’t want to discuss late at night. “Show him everything, okay? I’ll take my paperwork home, so I don’t bother you two.”, he said with a slight grin on his face. “Be nice to him, he’s new in the city.”, he explained and started to pack his stuff. I sighed heavily and eyed that guy again. He was standing there, not moving and probably not even breathing. “Okay…”, I said to myself and then walked him out of the office. We started walking along the corridor and I saw that he felt nervous. For real, somehow I felt sorry now. I didn’t want to be scary or mean. “Hey you.”, I said and stopped walking. He flinched at my sudden voice and also stopped walking. “Yeah?”, he asked with his deep voice which still sounded insecure. I held out my hand and gave him a soft smile. “My name’s Hoseok.”, I said and had to smile slightly because he seemed surprised. He took my hand slowly and shook it. “My name’s Taehyung. It’s nice to meet you, Hoseok-ssi.”, he went formally and bowed what made me smile again. “You don’t have to be formally. Just call me Hoseok, okay?” He nodded as a reply. I think, after knowing each other’s name we both got quite comfortable with each other. I showed him around in the hospital but after we got out of the cafeteria, because I needed another cup of coffee, we somehow started to speak about ourselves. We walked through the whole hospital while talking about where we live, where we come from, what we had done in our past and things like that. I really enjoyed talking with him and it was quite fun. His stupidity was at the same level as mine was which meant that we laughed a lot and were noisy all the time. Thus unfortunately we woke up some patients. Once we got them back to sleep we kept walking through the hospital while talking. As long as my pager wouldn’t start to peep we also kept doing stupid things. We even did a wheelchair race and then we ordered some noodles from a nearby restaurant which were, to our surprise, open at a time like this and they also delivered their food. It was half past twelve at night when we both were lying on the rooftop of the hospital, watching the stars and enjoying the pleasant silence between the both of us. I had to admit that this was probably the best late night shift I’ve ever had. I slowly bend my head to the left and saw that that the youngrr boy had closed his eyes. “Taehyung?”, I whispered. He hummed softly and faced me while opening his eyes a bit. I smiled softly. “Thank you. This was the best day at work I’ve ever had.”, I spoke in a lower voice. He also started to smile. “I have to thank you. You’re very kind and really funny. Thank you for showing me around today.”

“It’s no big deal, Taehyung.”

He hummed in acknowledgment.

“I’m sorry..”, I then broke our silence again.

“For what?”, he asked confused.

“That I wasn’t kinda nice to you from the beginning and I also think that I scared you at first. It wasn’t my intention. I’m sorry..”, I explained and looked at him.

He just gave me a honest and a bit tired smile. “Everything is alright by now.”

“Thank you..”, I said and had to chuckle softly.

The brown haired boy smiled and let his gaze on me. I hummed softly and continued watching the stars. It was a quiet night and I was lucky that my pager, strangely, didn’t went on for once. It was like god wanted me to spend time with him. Somehow it scared me that nothing happened tonight, because normally when I had night shift something went wrong but this time nothing happened except waking up some patients earlier. ‘It just was a lucky day.’, I thought and closed my eyes, as I heard that Taehyung moved his body. He had sit up and looked down at me.

“Hoseok?”, he said softly with, again, his deep voice.

“Hmh?”, I hummed and opened my eyes a bit.

“Can we be friends?”