We Can Be (Final)

We Can't Be
Please log in to read the full chapter

Week passed after the incident. And I never saw Jessica again. 

I guess she isn't sincere after all. She broke everything that she said again. 

Promises? Huh, I don't believe in them anymore. I'm just so sick of them. 

Ring.... Ring....
My phone rang, breaking my thoughts.

I grab it and answer without looking who the caller is. 

"Hello?" I asked.

"Taeyeon." My dad's voice is heard. 

"Dad? What's up?" 

"Are you okay?" He asked. Now, that's weird. 

"Why'd you asked dad?" I asked. 

Well, he don't really call me just to asked if I'm okay. I mean, I live with them, I see them everyday so it's really weird of him to asked.

"Just answer me taeyeon." He said seriously. 

"I-I'm fine dad." I hesitantly answered.

"Physically you are. But emotionally?" He asked breaking my trance. 

"Don't even try lying to me taeyeon." He added. Scaring the hell out of me. 

I rarely hear my dad this serious and I hate it when he do. 

"I..." I don't know what to say. Does he know anything? 

"Answer me." He repeated with the same tone.

"I'm not dad." I said in defeat  and I heard him sigh. 

"That's all I want to hear." He said and cut the call off. Leaving me hanging. 

"What was that?" I muttered in disbelief. 

****************

Later that night, sunny came banging to the staff room of her own restaurant. 

"Taeyeon." She called me, looking as serious as ever. 

What's happening? First dad and now sunny?

"Follow me."  She said and I followed her to her office. 

As we enter, she immediately lock the door and glared at me. She's freaking scaring me right now.

"Sunny, wh..." She cut me.

"How could you?" She asked coldly.  

I looked at her questioningly.
"What are you talking about?"

"How could you not tell me that you cried that day because of Jessica?" She said and I looked at her in horror.

"How did you...." 

"Dammit! Didn't I tell you to not keep everything to yourself?!" She outburst.

"Sorry. I just don't want...." 

"You don't want me to be worried?!" She finished my sentence.

"But I'm damned worried taeyeon! Don't you know that?!" She exclaimed.

"I... Sorry." I softly said.

She's silent for a while and I never dare say anything. Cause I don't know what to say.

"Jessica." She said and I look at her, she seems calmer now. 

"She went to see me just now and she told me everything. She apologized. She also told me that she went to see your parents earlier today." She said shocking the me. 

"She did?" I asked in disbelief. 

"Yes. She did." 

"W-why?" 

"She apologized and asked for permission." 

"Permission?" 

"Yes, permission to have you back." She said and my eyes widen. 

She did that? I thought, she's not sincere. I thought....

"Sunny did you let her?" 
"Did you gave her your permission?" I asked. 

"At first I didn't." 

"What do you mean?" I asked confusedly.

"She kneeled and begged me, that's why I let her." She said in frustration. 

"S-she d-did?" I stuttered not believing that Jessica will do something like that. 

"But if she hurt you again, I can't promise that I'll just let her go easily." Sunny threatens ignoring my question.

*********************

After sunny kicked me out of her office I immediately called my dad.

"Dad?" 

"Taeyeon, what is it?" 

"Did Jessica really came to see you and mom earlier?" 

"She told you?" 

"No, sunny did. Did she really?" I asked again.

"Yes." 

"That's why you called asking me if I'm alright? Right?" 

"You're right again." 

"So, you let her?" I asked curiously.

"Yes. I know she's your only cure so I let her. But she need to prove her self." He said coldly. 

"Dad. Thank you." I said gladly. 

Sigh. I feel all my burden are slowly disappearing. 

She's really sincere to do those things. She even kneel and beg. 

I actually badly want her back. Back to me and back in my life. 

But I couldn't gave in easily. 
Just like what my dad said, she must prove herself.

*****************************
The next day...

It was time to go home and I'm currently exiting Sunny's restaurant with sunny herself. 

I asked her if she could send me home cause my car is in the repair shop and she gladly agreed.

"Taeyeon" sunny called me.

"Hmm?" I hummed.

"Don't forget that there's an event tomorrow, which means you have
to be here as early as 10." 

"Roger that." I said and about to open the car door when a very familiar voice stops me. 

"Taeyeon." I'm stiffen on my place. 

Sunny sighed. 
"What do you want?" She asked Jessica. 

"I... Can I take taeyeon home?" She asked. 

Another deep sigh was heard from sunny, and I looked at her. She's glaring at me. 

"I'll leave the both of you now." She said and drove off, leaving me with Jessica as we stood there awkwardly.

"She's still mad." She stated. 

"Yeah. She definitely is." I said. 

"So? Let's go?" She asked.

"Sure" 

I was about to open the car door but she push it back close.

I look at her weirdly.

"Let me do it for you." She said shyly. 

"I'll not promise anything this time. Let me prove it to you." She said and I can tell that she's really sincere.

Usually I'm the one doing these things for her, though. So I awkwardly let her open the door for me. 

"Thank you." I thank her after I got inside. 

And she send me home. Like what I did to her when I'm still just her suitor. 

******************************

It's been 6 months again. 

Jessica is really doing everything to have me back and I love her more because of that.

I don't like how she always open the door for me though. That's why after a month of her doing that I told her not to do it again. It's just really awkward in my part, cause I'm suppose to be the one doing that for her.

For 6 months she console me, my parents and sunny. 

Actually, since 3 months ago my dad and mom already gave me their go signal to let Jessica in my life again, but I don't want to rush things yet.

So I waited for 3 more months to confirm it myself, that she really love me and she won't do anything to hurt me anymore. 

And I can now tell that she's really sincere. 

So, I decided to asked her to be mine again. But I need to tell my parents and sunny first, I don't want them telling me I'm keeping everything for myself again. So I'm now sitting in our living room with my parents. 

"So, what do you want to talk about taeyeon." My mom asked sipping her cup of coffee. 

"I just want to inform you about my plan." I said. 

"Plan?" Dad asked.

"Yeah, my plan of proposing to Jessica." I said smiling.

Dad and mom shared a knowing smile and look back at me. 

"Ahem" dad cleared his throat and asked.
"Why don't you wait for her do that to you?" 

I looked at him in weirdly.
"Dad, she've proven herself already. And besides, I'm the man in the relationship, I don't want her to do what I'm suppose to be doing." 

"What's wrong if she propose to you instead though? Even if you are the man in the relationship, nothing's wrong if she propose to you." He said. 

"I know that dad. But she's my princess, so I want to propose to her." I whine but look at them suspiciously when I realized something.

"Wait, why are you insisting that I wait for her to propose?" I asked and they shared a nervous look again. 

"Did she plan on proposing to me?" I asked again when they didn't answer. 

"Ahh. No." My dad hesitantly answered and my mom rolled her eyes to him. 

"Don't lie to me dad. I know you too well." I said smirking at him. 

My mom sighed then glared at dad who is looking at her apologetically.
"You're so good at hiding secret." Mom told him sarcastically.

Seeing the scene in front of me I couldn't help but laugh at my whipped dad. 

"What's so funny?" Dad glared at me and I stifle my laugh stopping my self from laughing. 

"So mom?" I asked my mom ignoring my dad.

Sigh.
"Since your dad can't keep a secret, I'll tell you about it." She started.

"Okay, I'm listening." 

"I wasn't actually fond of the idea of Jessica proposing to you. Cause just like what you said you're the guy in this relationship so you should be doing that instead. But she told us that you already so much for her that'

Please log in to read the full chapter