Together's Where We Belong

You Can Thank Me Later

I should expect this because it happens to me a lot, but life has dictated that I'm busy today. So I'll post the first part of this now—for you, my loyal readers—and will probably just post the rest in small Drabble length chapters too. Enjoy!

"My boyfriend doesn't want to sleep with me." Luhan was desperate as he confided in Tao over their gross mystery meat lunches in the school cafeteria.

Kris nearly choked on his food before he recovered enough to snort disbelievingly. "TMI," he dead panned, his left arm resting loosely around Tao's waist as he used his right hand to text Junmyeon.

Tao shushed his Chinese boyfriend loudly, and told him in Mandarin to be gentle with the delicate Luhan. Until he remembered that Luhan was Chinese too and that bilingual trick only worked on Sehun. "Oops?" Tao sheepishly looked up to meet Luhan's gaze, the latter student clearly annoyed that Tao would try to talk about him in front of his face like that.

"And I'm not delicate," Luhan added petulantly, pouting when he heard Kris mutter a firm "False!" under his breath.

"Go back to texting Jun-jun, okay?" Tao urged Kris, using his long fingers to grasp his boyfriend's chin and turn it back to the phone and their other boyfriend's messages. "You'll make Lu-ge mad."

This was said in Korean—for who's benefit, no one knew, since they were all first language Mandarin exchange students—but it still made Luhan frown to be talked over like he wasn't even there.

"If this weren't a boarding school with slim pickings for friend options, I wouldn't put up with you," he threatened Tao meaninglessly.

"It is though," Tao pointed out smuggly, "So...And besides, ge, where's the issue exactly? You have a great boyfriend; I've got two; and you might be miffed now, but we have each other."

"We're all in this together," Kris sang lightly as he tried to pretend he wasn't eavesdropping by steering furiously at his phone.

"Please don't," Luhan begged. "High School Musical at this point would just make me depressed because I would love to sing about my feelings but I can't, okay?"

"God, ge, you're such a drama queen," Tao chuckled.

"I have every right to be, though!" Luhan defended himself, his voice rising in volume and pitch as his desperation returned full force. "Sehunnie doesn't want to have with me!"

"Wow," Kris dead panned once again, all semblance of not paying attention completely abandoned. "Just announce it to the whole school, why don't you?"

"Taozi," Luhan used the younger's nickname when he shared in a stage whisper, "I hate your boyfriend."

"That's okay," Tao replied cheerfully, "Remember? I have two."