High-end

New World

“Where are we going?” Yuri asked.

“Somewhere.”

“What should I wear?” Yuri asked again, making Yoona roll her eyes. It’s not like Yuri has loads of clothes to choose from anyway. She’s wearing my clothes for fudge’s sake.

“Just whatever.” Yoona huffed as she looked at her watch. Yuri sure is taking her time. “You know what, forget it. I’ll go alone. I’ll pick out your clothes. Look like you don’t mind my taste anyway.”

“We’re going shopping?!” Yuri’s eyes are sparkling way too much for Yoona’s taste that she felt instant regret with her idea.

“And that’s that. I changed my mind. We are not going anywhere.” Yoona turned her back to go out of the room.

“NO! We need to go shopping! I haven’t shopped in forever! And I can’t keep wearing your clothes! They are so not my style by the way.” Yuri ran to block her path.

“I have an impeccable fashion sense; you should be glad to be able to wear them.” Yoona smirked.

“I only wear them because we are only here at home.” Yuri said in a dead pan voice. “I’d rather be dead than to be caught wearing these outside.”

This ungrateful brat!

Yoona nearly burst an aneurysm with what she heard. This girl needs to learn a lesson.

“Fine get ready.”

Yeah, get ready to face the wrath of Im Yoona!

*

“Yah! Where do you think you’re going?” Yoona said as they finally got out of the front door. Yuri was walking ahead, hand already reaching out for the car door.

“Aren’t we riding your car?” She innocently said. She remembered the time when Yoona took her home she nearly passed out from walking. But then she was being carried by the girl on her back.

“Hell no. You’re not riding my baby.” Yoona scoffed as she admired her matte black Tesla.

Yuri rolled her eyes. “So, are we going to walk?!”

“Follow me.” Yoona finally peeled her eyes off her baby. The evil princess is not tainting her baby’s innocence.

After walking for a few minutes, Yuri just silently followed the other girl, trying to think what’s inside her head. She was sure Yoona was up to no good.

“My skin is burning.” Yuri murmured. She was only wearing a plain tee and the sun was at its peak.

They finally stood in a shade few minutes away from the house. This girl must be afraid of people. Yoona lives in the middle of nowhere.

Truly a psychopath.

*

After zoning away staring into nothingness, Yuri heard her name from the most annoying voice.

“Are you coming or what?”

Yuri snapped her head up and saw Yoona already sat inside the bus, looking down on her. Yuri quickly boarded the bus and had no choice but to sit beside her mortal enemy as no other seat was available.

What is wrong with this vehicle. It’s so hot! And these seats are so uncomfortable.

She looked at her side to check on what Yoona was doing. She is still abnormally quiet. The girl had her eyes closed and was leaning her head on the glass window. Sighing, Yuri just focused her eyes ahead and looked around. It’s her first time riding this thing and it fascinates her in a way how people just go in and out and ride this thing with a bunch of strangers.

It was nearing the city and the bus was getting full. Some of the passengers are stood up and one guy is stood right beside our princess. Yuri tried to scoot closer to Yoona as the guy was seemingly intentionally getting closer and closer to Yuri. Yuri freaked out and just leaned to Yoona closer as the man’s crotch was getting closer. She closed her eyes and hoped that the bus will fall off a cliff. Call her overdramatic but she just wanted this stranger as far away from her as possible.

All the sudden, Yoona stood up and pushed the guy away.

“You think I don’t know what you’re up to, you ert?!” Yoona hissed and moved closer to the guy, making Yuri scoot towards the window, effectively switching seats with Yoona.

Yoona looked around and the bus was not that packed, so there is no reason for this to be this close to the seated Yuri.

“What are you talking about? Accusing me of something like that?” The guy exclaimed garnering more attention to them.

Yuri was already uncomfortable and the more eyes looking at their direction, the more she felt the panic coming in. She couldn’t help but hold on to the hem of Yoona’s shirt.

Yoona noticed Yuri’s action and whipped her head back to the guy who was slowly inching away.

“Listen up. We both know what you did so stop acting all innocent. Why don’t you just stay away, or your next stop will be at the police precinct.” Yoona was now glaring at the guy. The guy wordlessly went out the next stop.

Yoona sat back down until the students behind her grabbed her attention and thanked her. Apparently that man has been doing that to them before.

Yuri just looked in amazement at how Yoona handled herself. She looked so different from her usual evil self when there’s just the two of them. But then, Yoona did save her from that man.

Yoona was so serious on her phone that Yuri decided to look away.

*

When they finally got off the bus, Yuri’s eyes widened looking at the tall buildings in front of her.

“I thought we are never coming out that thing. What is that thing called anyway?” Yuri asked Yoona after she finished marvelling at her surroundings.

Yoona rolled her eyes at her cluelessness.

“It’s a bus you dummy. I can’t believe you don’t even know what that is.”

“It felt forever! It felt like we were going in circles!”

“It was only twenty minutes. You’re overexaggerating.” Yoona said and continued to walk away from Yuri, making Yuri run to catch up.

“Yah don’t leave me.”

“Next time someone does that to you, you stand up to them. If I wasn’t there what could’ve happened?” Yoona snapped. She can finally talk to Yuri about what happened, and it pissed her off that Yuri was still as clueless as ever even when it comes to protecting herself.

Yuri looked down, sensing that Yoona was genuinely upset.

“I don’t know. But you’re there. So, I know I will be okay.” Yuri softly said and focused on her shoes. Yoona had a million more words in her head that she wanted to say but the blush creeping to her cheeks stopped her from blurting it out loud.

She huffed and grabbed Yuri’s wrist instead.

“Let’s just go.”

*

“Where are we?” Yuri asked as they continued to walk into the sea of people.

“Shopping.”

“I think you’re only saying that to make me excited.” Yuri mumbled looking at Yoona’s hand still wrapped on her wrist.

Finally, they stopped walking and entered an elegant store. Yoona seems to know the people working there as they smiled at her and one person who Yuri thinks is a manager talked with Yoona until she went away. They stood there waiting when they heard a voice.

“Im Yoona!” They both turned their heads and saw a beautiful petite lady walking towards them.

“Unnie.”

The lady looked at Yoona from head to toe, making Yoona roll her eyes.

“Why aren’t you wearing any of my clothes?” She narrowed her eyes at the younger girl.

“They’re for special occasions.” Yoona said trying to appease the girl.

“And meeting with your wonderful unnie is not a special enough occasion?” There’s no winning with this one, as always.

Seeing Yoona would rather answer the pillar next to her than reply to a trap, the said wonderful unnie changed her focus to the other girl stood right next to her dongsaeng.

“And you are? Oh, before I answer that, let me welcome you here first, dear, where’s my manners. Welcome to BlankAffair. I’m Jessica Jung the proud owner of this establishment. How can I help you? And why are you here with this kid?”

Yuri almost forgot to answer as this Jessica Jung seems to love to talk with how long her introduction was.

“I’m Yuri—”

Yuri didn’t even finish when Jessica stopped her with a maniacal smile.

“Yuri?!” She circled around Yuri like a hawk.

“So, this is Yuri.” She said, more of talking to herself. She finally looked up after her full assessment. “I like her.”

Yoona looked at her unnie like how she can possibly know about this Yuri.

“Oh, don’t give me that look, Sooyoung told me the story! That was genius with the names though.” Jessica burst out laughing and she and Yoona shared a high five.

“You are very pretty Yuri.” Jessica’s full attention was back to her, but Yuri was so intimidated by this little person that she can’t seem to find her voice. “It’s a shame this girl dressed you up with her rags.”

“YAH UNNIE!” Yoona threw a fit and mumbled something about going to the restaurant upstairs.

Jessica giggled as Yoona stomped away like the baby that she is, and Yuri looked in amusement and adored Jessica as how can this girl burn her rude girl Yoona.

“Yuri, come this way my dear.” Jessica dragged her into a deeper part of the store.

“Now that my little dongsaeng is gone, why are you here Yuri?” Jessica asked, her eyes sparkling in anticipation.

“Clothes shopping, I guess? Yoona said we are going shopping.” Yuri said.

“And I take my little dongsaeng is paying?” Yuri didn’t know what to answer as Jessica’s smirk is just getting bigger and bigger.

“Say no more! Let me just call someone.”

*

Yoona smiled in contentment as she sipped the last of her boba. She finally ate in peace away from Yuri’s glares. She thought she was getting constipated with the added stress of eating with the princess. It’s like eating in a warzone, you need to have your guard up all the time and her love for food was never the same with all the death threats.

“Hi.” Yoona looked up and her jaw dropped as she saw Yuri in front of her armed with all the shopping bags.

Yuri looked beautiful with her new clothes, not her laidback style that they usually wear at home. Yuri looked like the heiress that she truly is.

But it wasn’t the clothes that took Yoona’s attention. It was the genuine smile on her lips and the happy twinkle in her eyes. It was like seeing Yuri for the first time. The real Yuri, the strong and confident Yuri that she originally was before she ran away from who she is and her old life.

Yuri looked at Yoona and can’t help herself at how cute the other girl looks and shockingly speechless for once.

Yoona snapped from her stupor and narrowed her eyes at Yuri’s bags. What in the—

“Yah Yuri, just how much clothes did you buy?!”

*

Yoona almost banged her head to the nearest wall when she heard how much she owes Jessica. She felt like her unnie had scammed her and Yuri is the perfect victim.

“Yuri, do you know how much you’ve spent in this store?” Yoona sighed as she gave her credit card grudgingly at Jessica’s awaiting hand. Yuri who didn’t need to look at price tags or even pay her bill just shrugged her shoulders. Usually, Yuri would pick the things she wants, and her assistant will deal with the rest.

“Don’t worry Yoona. It’s worth every penny. I mean look at her!” Jessica squealed. She smirked as her plan played in her head. Yuri is going to be her walking model. She dressed her up with her brand from head to toe and with her beauty, everyone will notice and bam! Her sales will go flying through the roof.

“How did you even manage to get all of these in a short period of time?!” Yoona shook her head. She left Yuri for about an hour and now she’s like paying for a luxury car.

“Oh, we had help.”

As if on cue, another pretty girl walked in through the door.

“Yuwree, make sure to visit us again. Soon.”

“Tiffany unnie?!” Yoona’s eyes bulged. Now she truly feels like she just got robbed by the Jeti pair.

“Of course. I love all your designs!” Yuri said and Tiffany smiled in delight. Operation Rob Yoona Blind is a success!

*

The two friends have successfully persuaded Yoona and Yuri to eat with them in their restaurant upstairs.

“We’ll pay for this Yoong.” Tiffany winked as they enjoyed their food.

Of course, you are. Even if I order your whole menu it’s not going to cost as much as 1 percent of how much I just paid for the shopping!

“Tell me Yuri, do you really live with our Yoona here?” Jessica started.

“I mean this girl is literally shooing everyone away from her life and yet here we are.” Tiffany added fuel to the fire.

“Just stop being melodramatic unnies and let me enjoy my food.” Yoona grumbled and the two just laughed it off. The two are so intrigued with their relationship that they can’t top wondering about it.

“Well, let’s see, you live together, Yoona pays for your shopping, she introduces you to us, her friends, she cooks for you, she let you wear her clothes. That makes us think, are you by any chance Yoona’s—”

“Are you a high-end ?!” Jessica blurted, and Yoona nearly choked on her food.

Yuri was flushed red from head to toe, feeling hot and cold at the same time. She couldn’t speak or move.

Tiffany knocked Jessica’s head. “Idiot. She’s too sophisticated for that.”

“That’s why I said high-end.” Jessica mumbled and sulked for her crazy idea.

“So, what is it Yoona? Who is this girl to you?” Tiffany asked bluntly. As much as she loves making her dongsaeng spend big money on their store for this girl, they still need to look out for her.

Yoona didn’t know what to say.

Her unnies were looking straight at her, pure curiosity in their eyes; and Yuri just looking at her amused waiting for her response. She gulped as she thought about who Yuri is.

Yuri who annoys the hell out of her

Yuri the princess who struts around her house like she owns the place.

Yuri who stole her side of the bed and uses her as a bolster when they sleep.

Yuri who she needs to cook food for and make healthy shakes in the morning.

Yuri who had completely invaded her room and donned her clothes like her own.

Yuri who is too clueless that she wants to be there to protect her from the world.

Yuri who hates being alone.

“She’s—”

Yuri who tries to kill her every single time they fight.

“She’s—”

Yuri who cries silently at night for her father thinking she never notice.

Yuri who needed her when she thought nobody did.

“My slave.”

*