Second-

Sweet Little Secrets

Am I seeing things?

I was flipping through my album and the first thing that I saw were numbers.

And there was Sehun's signature right at the side. How could one not notice it?

I clutched the album tighter as I glanced around. I don't want anyone to know about this. What have I gotten myself into?

Did an idol really just gave me his number?

I know my face is probably red with shock and surprise. It isn't everyday where an idol you look up to gives you his number! Oh my god, what do I do?

I started pacing around, my heart thumping loudly against my chest. The noise was so deafening that I had to lie down on my bed and rethink about yesterday's events. Am I special? What exactly did he see in me? I was probably embarrassing myself.

Oh god, what if the numbers were fake? What if he was just toying with me?

My head hurts.

With shaking hands, I pressed the numbers slowly, watching the digits dance around on the brightly lit screen of my phone.

What did he see in me?

I waited and waited as the annoyingly loud tune of the dial tone floats into my ears. I hope he picks up. What if he doesn't? Somehow, I wished that I wouldn't hear his voice but someone else's instead-

“Hello?”

The crackling on the other side comes to life as it breaks me out of my thoughts.

“Who is this?”

I gulped as I hear the heavy breathing on the other side. Wait, he sounds annoyed-

“This is EXO's manager speaking. Do you have any issues with Sehun?”

Oh shoot.

I almost screamed because one, I am in deep trouble if he thinks that I'm a fan who'd somehow gotten Sehun's number by using inappropriate methods. Second, the number belongs to Sehun. My heart's thumping so loudly and my hands are shaking more and more violently as the seconds ticked by.

“Please speak up and confirm your identity, or I will have to hang up and block you from Sehun's phone.”

Well, that took a turn for the worse.

“U-uh, hi,” I managed a weak reply as the loud and rhythmic thumping of my heart doesn't go away.

“Are you a fan? How did you get Sehun's number? Do you know that- ”

“N-no! It's not like that! I'm his cousin!” I blurt out.

“His cousin?” His voice was filled with doubt. “Pardon me for my rudeness, but you could be a fan for all I know. This isn't the first time that some fan has gotten hold of his number. I'm just protecting him from unnecessary harassment.”

“I'm sorry. I'll hang up now,” I replied, disappointed. “Oh, wait!”

“Yes?”

“Please inform Sehun that… that the girl in the long white coat is looking for him!”

“Wha- ”

I ended the call as I curled myself up into a ball on the sofa. I can feel the tears in my eyes as I look at my signed album. So much for that number.

If he doesn't remember me and decided to change his phone number because of the misconception of me being some crazy fan, I'm screwed.

Screwed.

Sehun's POV

“Someone called you today” was the first thing our manager told me when I stepped into the van.

“Who?” I replied, my shoulders sore from practice. Chanyeol and Lay comes in after me as I turn to stare out of the window.

“She told me to tell you that she's the girl in the long white coat,” the manager paused as he scrutinises my face. “Do you know her? If you don't, we have to change your number. You know how dangerous and inconvenient it can be- ”

“I know her,” I cut him off as I realise Chanyeol looking inquisitively at us. “Would you give me back my phone?”

“Who is she? Is she your girlfriend? You mustn't hide it,” our manager asks as he kept a straight face on.

By now, Baekhyun and Lay were glancing our way once every few seconds.

“No, she's not my girlfriend,” I kept my voice low.

“Then what is she to you?”

“She's a friend.”

“She said she was your cousin,” the manager continues.

Oh god. I mentally smack myself.

“I think she was so worried that she had to blurt some random answer. You must've scared her when she called,” I answer, hoping that he'll fall for it.

“You know best, Sehun. Please inform me right away if there's anything going on between the both of you. We don't want the press to catch the both of you on a date while the company's kept in the dark. You know how obnoxious those articles can be.”

“I-I know. She's just a friend, don't worry,” I mumble, embarrassed from all the glances thrown our way.

With that, the manager nods and returns to his seat at the front of the van. By now, all the members were on board, their bodies shiny with sweat.

“What happened?” Luhan asked, as he was the last one to enter the van.

“I don't know,” Xiumin replies as he points in my direction. “Ask the maknae.”

“What?” I shrug, scrolling through the numbers on my phone.

There. An unknown number which isn't saved on my contacts.

My heart started thumping.

She called.

She actually called.

“Who's the girl in the white c- ”

I glare at Chanyeol as he stops speaking.

“No one. I told you, she's just a friend,” I reply, my tone signalling the end of the conversation.

“That's what every guy says,” Chen snorts.

“Geez, he's on his man period today,” Baekhyun laughs as Kai turns to stare at me blankly before looking out of the window to watch the scenery go by.

“Hyung, stop picking on me. I do not have a period, oh my god!” I whine as I plug in my earpieces, shutting out the drone of noises, only feeling the revving of the engine below me. I don't know what I'm feeling right now. It's like a mixture of confusion, relief, excitement and hope.

When we returned to our dorm, I immediately shut myself in the washroom, making sure to bring my phone along. I faced the mirror as I picked up my phone. Pressing the number with much hesitance, I placed my phone near my ear tentatively. As the dial tone continued, my heart was thumping so loudly. It sank with every second that ticked past with her not picking up-

“H-hello.”

Her voice. The thought of our meeting instantly brought a smile on my face.

“H-hi,” I answered lamely. “I'm Sehun.”

“Y-yeah.”

Oh god, it's so awkward.

“I'm sorry about, you know, my manag- ”

“Oh, that! It's fine,” her cheerfulness was obvious as she spoke.

“What's wrong? Your voice…” I trailed off as I heard a light sniffle coming from the other end of the line. “I… Were you crying?”

“N-no!”

Her fast response makes me chuckle as I responded with a softer and gentler tone, “Um, d-don't cry. You can tell me anything. I mean, I'm sorry about just now. I'm sorry if you're worried and I really wasn't planning to ignore your call! I was just in the practice room and my manager somehow held custody of our phones- ”

“I'm so glad you called.”

For some reason, my heart started beating irregularly quick. I can't be falling for someone who I don't know yet, can I?

I guess I must've taken a huge liking to her. It feels as if I can trust her with everything.

“I-I'm glad I called too.” What kind of a lame answer was that? I cringed at myself.

“I was just surprised. I can't believe I'm talking to my bias right now. We can start by being friends first! No, wait. I mean, we can be friends, yay! Oh shoot, I wasn't implying anyth- ”

I laughed at her flustered voice, and decided to . It won't hurt anyway.

“So you want us to date? Oh sure, we can start off by being friends first. We can always take it to another level when you're ready.”

I must've trusted her a lot if I was able to say that.

“What…? Oh Sehun, you can't say that! What if your fans heard you? And no, I won't date you. Wait, I wouldn't mind either. I mean, if you don't mind someone like me… Did you just- ”

“Yes, I did tease you. God, your reactions are priceless!” I bursted out laughing as I (kinda) slapped the dressing table. It gave off a loud, hollow bong! as I hurriedly silenced my laughter.

“…Was there an explosion?” I heard her mutter on the other end as I stifled a chuckle.

“Oops,” I whispered into the phone. “I accidentally slapped the table.”

I nearly shrieked when there was a shuffling of footsteps outside, followed by a banging of the door. “Hold on,” I hissed into the phone, hoping that she had heard my voice.

“WHAT'S GOING ON IN THERE?”

“NOTHING!” I shouted, hoping that Suho would go away so that I could return to the conversation. I tapped my feet while waiting impatiently.

“DID YOU FALL?”

“No! I'm fine. Um, the soap bar fell. I panicked and smacked the table, that's why.”

“PLEASE DON'T INJURE YOURSELF. WE HAVE TO PRACTICE FOR OUR UPCOMING CONCERTS NEXT WEEK.”

“I know! I'm fine, hyung.”

I could hear his muffled voice saying “impatient youngsters these days” as he walked away.

“Sorry, I was interrupted,” I smiled as I heard her breathy laugh on the other end.

“Was that Suho?” She asked. “The conversation was hilarious.”

“He's been getting grandpa-ish lately,” I silently laughed.

“Talking bad about your members here, are we?” She whispered mysteriously into the phone, bringing back another memory from our first meeting.

And so I hung up, promising to call her again. As I stand under the shower with the water running down my face, I closed my eyes and imagined her sweet smile.

I'm in deep trouble.