After Storm

Undeniably Attractive

잠실 역 said the bus announcement. We get off there. Yes, Sungjae walk me home.

"Where is your house?" I asked. "I think I can walk alone from here. It's near enough" I pointed to the tall building across the street.

"You still want me to walk you. Don't lie." He said it while grabbing my arm and dragging me to the side of the street. "What are you? Seriously!" I gawked. He keeps dragging me to cross the street, holding my wrist. Not in a harsh way, but gently.

"You like to be with me, right? I'm fun to be with, right?" He boasted himself after we cross the street. I didn't deny it. "I can walk by myself from here. Thank you, Sungjae." I letting myself go from his grasp. "Why? You don't want your boyfriend sees us?" He glared while saying it, not at me but at someone who stand behind me. I turned to see who is it. My heart like stop for a couple seconds, it's Myungsoo.  It looks like he just got back from buying food.

I looked at Sungjae, he already walked away living me in this awkward situation.

"So that's your friend?" He asked me before I face him back. I don't dare to open my mouth.

He hold my hand and take me home. I know he wanted to ask more, but he remains silence. I could see his tight expression. His silence makes me worry.

•••

He served the chicken that he bought before bumping into me and Sungjae earlier. He went back to the kitchen to get ice water for me and Soju for him. I studied him, waiting the right moment to breaking this silence.

"Do you want to say something?" I'm starting the conversation. "Eat first, eat a lot." He said. I obeyed him. We eat without talking, at all. He must be mad, I'm sure of it.

I washed my hand in the kitchen after eating, Myungsoo joined me from behind. He washed his hand while kissing my ear, "I'm not mad at you, don't worry." He read me easily, like a book. He turned of the tap and dried our hands together with a cloth. "I just don't like you were being followed around. He's the same guy from the Aquarium, right?" I nodded. "How could he know where you are, how to contact you, who I am." I didn't reply him. I touched both of his elbow, slide my hands down to his, and pulled him to the living room. I make him sit on the couch and I lay down to his broad chest, hug him tight. Then I start telingl him the story about Sungjae, whether he believed it or not, I told him everything. He plays with my hair when listening to me, I think it's his way to calm his nerves.

"He is attractive, actually." I confessed. "Attractive?" He raised his eyebrow. "Umm-hmm," I answered. "But you know I want you." I cooed him with an additional smirk on my face. "나쁜 여자야!" He bit my lower lips. We kissed and I can feel his smile between his kisses. I love it.

•••

The sun shines through the window at the airport, not like the past few days. It's time for me to go back to my country.

I'll miss strolling around this clean modern street. I'll miss eating around Hongdae. I'll miss him and our odd english-korean conversation. I'll miss everything.

He hugged me for the very last time before I went in. It was the most heartbreaking moment, hearing his deep sigh while letting me go.

I walked to the gate with a heavy heart and a very heavy step. I glanced back again and again to him. Until I bumped so hard into someone who is rushing his way inside the gate, I fell down. It ruined the moment that supposed to be like a K-drama farewell.

Myungsoo ran to help me. While I stand up, I looked up to the person who only stands there not helping me. "Are you following me?" He said. "You? Again?" I blurted out. It was Sungjae. I gave him this 'You must be kidding me' stare. "What? Don't you remember I was here the day all flight was canceled. I was supposed to be going on my vacation too and it was rescheduled today!" He spoke very fast, as fast as train.

Myungsoo stared at him with his deep sharp eyes that could actually kill someone."She's mine!" He exclaimed while blocking Sungjae from his way. "Go Inside baby." He ordered me with his eyes still locking at Sungjae's, it's like he was demanding Sungjae to stay put. Myungsoo waited for me to pass the immigration area before letting Sungjae off his sight, so did Sungjae.

"I'm not afraid of you." Sungjae said to Myungsoo in a calm way but irritating enough.

Then Sungjae went inside. He chased me after the immigration. Leaving  Myungsoo worried.

M : Tell me if he cause some trouble
S : No he won't. Don't worry (kiss)
S : I will miss you!
M : I will see you soon, very soon.


"So I'm a threat for your boyfriend. I feel touched." As usual, he came out of nowhere to speak right on my ear. I rolled my eyes. "Well, you have to bear with me." He showed his boarding pass. "I'm flying to your country and sit right next to you." My jaw dropped, unbelievable. "Thanks to the beautiful airline officer. He couldn't say no to my handsomeness."

I'm so not going to tell Myungsoo.