Airport Encounter

Undeniably Attractive

I was thinking about calling Myungsoo, my holiday fling love. He has work to do today, so he couldn't send me off. He's the one that I know could and would help me. But I hesitate.

I check my wallet for a hundred times, 20.000 KRW left inside and it wouldn't magically filled up by itself. Why on earth I didn't bring my debit card, another regret comes in my mind.

When I'm about to check my twitter, there is a Kakao Talk message from Myungsoo.

M : 'Where are you? I heard all flight has been canceled.'
S : 'Still at the airport 😢😢'
M : 'I'll pick you up, my work has been canceled too. Don't go anywhere.'
S : 'It's okay, no need to'


But no reply, he must have been inside the car and drive his way here. So, I sit there near Gate 7 at the Departure floor. Plugging earphones, picking my playlist and letting the beautiful song of The Richard Parkers called Psychic filled my ears that brings calmness all over me.

It was the 10th song on my playlist, Zion T's Eat was playing when someone pulled my left earphone. I turned my head, expecting Myungsoo was there. But it wasn't. He has the same exact posture with Myungsoo, they look the same but their face is actually really different. Something about him does remind me of Myungsoo.

"Sorry? Can I help you?" I asked. I scanned him, from head to toe. He's wearing ripped jeans and white loose t-shirt plus sneakers, simple but makes this guy looks so good. Maybe because he's tall. Tall guy always looks good in so many things.

"Can I sit here?" He pointed to my bag that I put on a chair beside my sit. I hurriedly move my bag to my lap, "Sorry, yes please!" I stuttered when I answered him.

Then he sit next to me, quietly. I was still in disbelief tho, he was brave enough to pulled out my earphones. Like we are strangers and you did that casually. Well his cute, so it's forgivable for me. The moment I looked up to him again, he has fallen asleep. I looked down to my phone, but actually I wasn't going to look up to anything. I smiled to the sight of this guy sleeping.

"Sia, sorry for waiting." said a voice that come from someone who stand in front of me. I looked up, and it's Myungsoo. "The weather is so bad, I even can't do an outdoor photoshoot." He said.

"Have you pick a place to extend your stay?" he asked. I shook my head. "Great, you can stay at my place." He continued.

"But-" I haven't finished my words. "No, but. Let's go!" As he pointed to my baggage cart, gesturing is that mine or not. I nodded. "Glad they canceled the flight. We get to go to the CoEX Aquarium tomorrow." He planned. "좋아요!" I agreed with him.

I didn't pay attention anymore to the cute guy who was sleeping next to me. Myungsoo could makes me feel like I'm on my own world only with him, him that I only can see and feel, at that moment. Without knowing, the guy that sat next to me did hear all of our conversation. His not sleeping. He even took a peek when I get up from my sit and left.

•••

The next day we went to the CoEX Aquarium. I didn't go there the past one week because my itinerary is packed. One week is not enough to explore the whole Seoul city.

I kind of forgot that I have a limit enough of money. Since yesterday, after I arrived at his apartment, he treated me everything. He took me to a nice bakery, a museum, and a gallery. Everything indoor that possible for him to take me. The storm doesn't stop us to having fun together. I even decided to pick the thursday flight instead of tomorrow.

We enter the Aquarium and explore every inch of the place hand by hand, side by side, slowly but eagerly.

Myungsoo didn't bring his camera today, he said my hand is the only thing that he wants to hold for the rest of day not his camera. I couldn't hide my smile, I blushed right away. This guy is cheeky, in an adorable way.

We passed by the shark section, a beautiful huge aquarium. I love it, so much. I stand in awe, Myungsoo gazing at how I'm amazed. My eyes glued on the living things that live behind the glass. There is not only shark, but there is stingray and octopus with corals and reefs all around.

Myungsoo hugged me from behind, I didn't bug at all. He put his chin on my shoulder, then he breath on my neck and kissed it. It shifted my attention from the sharks, I looked at him and he looked back at me with a dimple that showed up because he was showing his teeth to me, he was trying to be shark. I kissed the tip of his nose, "귀여워" I .

"I need to go to the bathroom, you still want to stay here right?" Said Myungsoo. "Yes, I'll wait here. But, hurry!" I demanded him.

Suddenly there is an announcement that in a minute there will be a shark feeding attraction inside the hall beside where I am. I really want to watch, but If I went inside without Myungsoo he will have to find me among people who sit there and the hall is dark I guess. So I decided to just wait for him.

The shark feeding attraction is about to start, I saw the person with black jeans and long sleeve shirt that I have been waiting to return. I grabbed his hand and dragged him inside the attraction without looking at him. I really don't want to be late for the attraction.

Inside the hall we get to sit at the side of 5th row, all the middle sit was already taken. I turned my face to look at Myungsoo, but I was surprised. It wasn't him. He did wear the exact clothes with Myungsoo, all black from head to toe; except the shoes. Myungsoo wore a Comme Des Garcon sneakers, while he was wearing Vans Classic.

I remembered this guy, he was the cutie guy who slept beside me at the airport. "You?" I acknowledge him. "Why are you here?" I blurted.

"Why you dragged me here?" He crowed back at me. "Well, I thought-"

"You thought I'm your boyfriend?" He still talked to me with a quite high tone but he doesn't sound like he was really angry. "How can you not recognize this pretty face of mine? I'm sure I'm more handsome than your boy!"

When I'm about to fired him back, Myungsoo has found me sitting there. "I knew you would be here." He said to me, standing behind this stranger. The stranger guy turned his head to looked at Myungsoo, he glared at him and then he leave. Myungsoo replaced him to sit beside me. "Who is that guy?" I shrugged my shoulder, "I have no idea."

•••

We were done with the Aquarium, Myungsoo want to buy bubble tea at Gong Cha - it's still inside the CoEX complex. There we went. Myungsoo asked me to find seats while he was the one who queueing. I found a couple that just about to leave, I waited and sit there at flash when they were leaving. Then there he is again, the airport strange guy that came out of nowhere sits beside me.

"You two seems not in a real relationship yet. Am I right?" He chided. This guy is unbelievable. I'm not gonna answer him. He's cute, but I'm not going to start any conversation with this weirdo. "I'm Sungjae and I have been looking for you for the rest of my life, Sia." He left right after tossing a piece of folded paper to my lap with his Kakao Talk ID written on it.