Five Wants and Six Needs

First Impressions

He fixed his crew neck a bit and looked around shyly while rocking on his heels a little. He had buzzed at her dormitory door a few seconds ago, but as time ticked on he felt like he was dying little by little. He was so unbelievably anxious and he didn't want to break into a nervous sweat, but he was pretty damn close to one. He heard the door click and his eyes witnessed the door knob slowly turn. Jaejae stood in front of him with a shy smile decorating her lips. He held up his hand for her and she placed her hand in his. He knelt down as he kissed it gently, then he stood up proudly and lead her out of her dormitory building. She had never expected this to happen to her... not in 5 years, not in 10 years, not in 100 years, nor 1000 years, not ever! It was happening. Park Jimin of Bangtan Sonyundan was holding her hand and leading her out of her home on a date-- his words not hers. He called it a date by accident via text the night before and it was already too late to take it back-- not that he actually mind to do so. He tried to keep up some small talk while learning as much as he possibly could about Jaejae. "So, you're from Colorado? It's in America? But I saw you in LA..." he asked with a bit of confusion staining his mind.

"There were fans that traveled from all different states and countries to see you guys when you were in America. I had a friend who went from San Francisco to Dallas. Other people drove from Phoenix to Los Angeles or Cleveland to Chicago. You guys are crazy popular. You wouldn't even understand how many people know and love you and what they would do for you all," Jaejae explained with a bit of passion leaking into the last parts of her statement.

"Wow, you traveled so far just for us," Jimin exclaimed happily.

"Of course, you guys are so beautiful and amazing. You're all so talented. I would go to the moon and back for you all," Jaejae smiled.

"What about for me? Would you go to the moon and back just for me?" Jimin nudged her a little and squeezed her hand. Jaejae's cheeks burned a bright red as she looked down at the ground and mumbled an inaudible answer for him. He smiled in victory at her reaction and decided to ease the tension in her heart with a lighthearted joke. "So, since you are a fan of us, you must know that I am the funniest member in the group. I have a few jokes in line for you today. So, what did the vegetables say at the party?"

"I don't know... what?" Jaejae's face was now full of fear and concern as she was not prepared whatsoever for what was about to be thrown at her.

"Lettuce turnip the beet!" Jimin cracked up at the joke he had found online. Jaejae's hopes for something remotely funny plummeted and she looked at Jimin with an expression that was completely done with his existence. "Wait, wait! I have another! Why do shoemakers go to heaven?"

"W-Why...?" Jaejae hesitated to speak.

"Because they have good soles," he giggled a little bit, but, at this point, Jaejae felt a little bit of anger burning inside of her from the amount of lame that was pouring out of this poor boy's mouth. "Okay, one last one, then you can hit me. I used to be addicted to soap, but I'm all clean now." He broke into a fit of laughter at his own joke, which caused Jaejae to release a string of small giggles at how adorable his laugh sounded. Jimin thought he had succeeded in telling a somewhat funny joke, but then he heard Jaejae compliment on how "cute" he was and he felt just as satisfied. He smiled while his eyes looked down at the ground, then at their hands that were linked together. Everything felt nice. Everything felt right. "Hey, Jaejae, you know when something just feels so perfect and you want to stay in that moment for as long as you possibly can?" Jaejae looked up at him in confusion from the sudden mood change. "This is one of those moments." Her cheeks regained their light pink blush as she cracked a smile.

"Really? How so?" Jaejae lightly jabbed at his side playfully with her elbow.

"The way your hand fits in mine, the way you smile at me, the way you talk to me, the way you look at me, it makes everything... it all just seems so right," he confessed as he stared forward, before his eyes slowly trailed down to the ground. He was so shy, yet so well with his words. It made her feel like melting into a puddle of feelings and emotions that were only reserved for him. "What's your favorite song by BTS? I can sing it for you, even if it's one of the Cyphers!" he attempted to change the subject to something much lighter once again.

"I Need U," Jaejae lied right through her teeth.

Jimin grinned excitedly as he began to sing the chorus for her ears only. 

"I need you girl

왜 혼자 사랑하고 혼자서만 이별해

(Why am I in love alone, why am I hurting alone)

I need you girl

왜 다칠 걸 알면서 자꾸 니가 필요해..."

(Why do I keep needing you when I know I’ll get hurt?)

Jaejae smiled softly while swaying side to side a little at the sound of Jimin's beautiful and steady voice. She had never even dreamed of this happening to her at all and that it was a reality-- was fainting an option? Well, it may not be, but there will be other alternatives for her fangirl heart to consider.

"I need you, girl," he whispered softly.