Three Handshakes and Four Pieces of Meat

First Impressions

Jimin pulled the cheesy and classic yawn-and-drape with his muscular arm around Jaejae's small shoulders. He looked down at her as she peered up at him curiously. He smiled widely, then motioned at the other members lounging around lazily in the large dressing room. "You know the boys already. Guys, this is my idol, Ducky." Hoseok had the first reaction as he launched out of his seat and took Jaejae's hand, then shook it eagerly while smiling widely at her and introducing himself. Taehyung followed a second after, but he tried to one up Hoseok by doing a bit of aegyo as part of his introduction. Seokjin was next with a gentle kiss on Jaejae's hand paired with a small wink with a playful smirk that earned him a jealous glare from Jimin instantly. Fourth was Jungkook, who simply smiled and bowed for Jaejae followed by a short and polite greeting. Namjoon finally got his turn and he shook Jaejae's hand as if he was the President of the most powerful country in the universe. Yoongi was last and he gave a small bow along with an adorable smile. Jaejae felt her heart pound irregularly and loudly at the close interaction that she had yearned for for so long. It was finally happening. She met BTS all over again and it wasn't just some pre-arranged fan engagement at a concert that cost her an arm and leg to only get there; this was BTS voluntarily meeting her and kissing her hand and other things that would make any normal fangirl collapse on the spot. Jimin shook Jaejae a little bit to bring her back to reality and she looked back up at him. "So, Ducky, you're fine with any type of food? No allergies? We have meat!" Jimin smiled as he pointed at the lunch boxes being stacked on the counter. "You can have one. We usually get two for Jin, but you can take his," Jimin laughed at his lame jab at Seokjin's famous eating habits. Seokjin shot a glare at him that scared Jimin into silence until he cleared his throat. "So... um... yeah... Food, eat please?" Jimin awkwardly smiled while trying to avoid the laser beams coming out of Seokjin's eyes that were trying to obliterate him.

"That's very kind of you. If it's not too much of burden on you all, I would graciously accept a lunch box, but it's fine if you don't want to or cannot give me one," Jaejae bowed a little at Jimin's sweet offer.

Seokjin patted Jaejae's back and pulled her away from Jimin a little. "I'll share my lunch box with you. I saw you perform on stage. You are an amazing dancer and singer, Ducky. You did a wonderful job and I can't wait to see more from you and your group." He grabbed the lunch box closest to him along with a pair of chopsticks, then he broke them apart evenly, opened the lid of the lunch box and picked up a piece. He had a teasing sparkle in his eye as he held the food to Jaejae's pulp lips and looked dead at Jimin. Jimin glared some more and clenched his fists as he tried to send very offensive thoughts to the eldest member. Jaejae took the piece and chewed at it cutely, which caused Seokjin and a surprisingly attentive Hoseok to squeal to themselves. "You're so cute! You must be the most popular member. You're definitely my favorite! Is Ducky your stage name?"

"Yeah, I like to go by Jaejae offstage," she nodded as she stated her name clearly for all the boys to hear.

"Are you younger than me?" Seokjin smiled in a manner that any answer would get a cute response.

"Yes. I was born in 1996."

"Ah! That's so cute. Almost all of us are your big brothers. We will protect you with our lives as long as you are with us," Seokjin giggled a little as he fed Jaejae another piece of meat. Jimin's fist were white with anger and the veins in his neck were showing while he tried to stay as calm as possible. Seokjin stuck his tongue out at Jimin when Jaejae turned her head. Jimin let out a frustrated squeak, causing Jaejae to look at him in confusion and judgment. Jimin cleared his throat and straightened his stance behind Jaejae as he tried to keep his somewhat mature and manly composure in tact. The other members could read right through him and his horrible acting, even Yoongi stifled some laughter before cuddling with his travel pillow on the couch.

Seokjin continued to feed Jaejae, even having Hoseok join in by holding up a drink with a bendy straw to her lips whenever she was parched or needed to wash down the food. Jimin eventually gave up and was pouting in the corner with his arms crossed and legs tucked in like he was a small angry ball. Jaejae walked over when she was done getting pampered by the two and sat beside him. "Why did you walk away? Did you eat at all?"

"I'm not hungry..." Jimin mumbled like a child throwing a temper tantrum over a toy. 

"Jimin, you should eat," Jaejae looked at him with concern.

"Then Seokjin and Hoseok will steal you away again and I'll--" he immediately stopped himself when he realized that he was speaking his internal thoughts out loud for Jaejae's unknowing ears to hear.

"What?" Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. She wanted to make sure she heard him right and it wasn't just her fangirl mind making up fake scenarios.

"Nothing," he immediately shut up.

Jaejae's phone vibrated in her pocket and she knew that she needed to go soon, if not, now. She stood up and smiled at all the boys while waving, "I have to get back to my group now. It was wonderful meeting you all!" They all waved their goodbyes to her while Jimin looked at her in shock and launched into a standing position.

"I'll walk you to your dressing room to make sure you get there safely," Jimin blurted out. His cheeks turned a slight pink and some of the members chuckled at his haphazard speech. Jaejae smiled in agreement and exited the room with Jimin following behind her with the eyes of a lost puppy. Once the dressing room was out of ear shot, Jimin pulled out his phone and quickly opened up his contacts. "Hey, um... Jaejae, I was wondering if I could get your number. We didn't get to hang out much, but I think you are really cool and all. I would love to hang out some more. I understand if you don't want to because I'm like short and weird looking and I'm kind of awkward, but you know I was just thinking that it would be cool to chill together. Maybe we could like get some food and sing or make some dances together. We could always chill at my dorm when it's empty with some Netflix or something. I don't know. It's just an idea, but I really want to talk to again and I hope we can like you know... yeah."

Jaejae smiled at his shy and adorable rambling as she took his phone and entered in her information; she, then, called herself and saved his number into her phone. "We won't do any 'Netflix and Chill,' but I'm down for food and dancing. Text me any time, Jimin. I'll see you around." Jaejae gave him a tight and loving hug before heading into her dressing room quickly. Jimin stood there lovestruck and in awe. He kind of just asked a girl out and she said yes. He shook his head as he snapped back to reality, then he skipped into his group's dressing room with the biggest and dumbest smile possible plastered on his small face.