Final

A Midsummer Night's Sweetness

"Guys, we need to have a female vocal for this song, and Raina noona just cancelled on us!" Seungcheol started wailing. Mingyu groaned and he shook Seungchol. "Hyung, don't you have any other connections?" Seungcheol paused, and then snapped his fingers. "I'll call her! She'll come!" Vernon perked up and asked in excitement, "Who is it?"

"Jeonghan hyung's sister, Jaeyoung-ah! She's part of a band now, she's actually our sunbae~" Seungcheol grinned. Wonwoo's eyes widened. "Ahh, her! I've been a fan of her since her debut~" Vernon and Mingyu yelled, "Me too!" All four of them looked at each other, and Seungcheol dialled the number.

"Hello, Seungcheol oppa?" Your voice emitted from the phone. "Jaeyoung-ah, we need your help for a performance! Please come down~ We have only one day!" Seungcheol pleaded. You laughed, and said, "Okay, I'm on break for a week after promotions, I'll let my manager know and come down!" After you hung up, Vernon, Mingyu and Wonwoo began fanboying over you. Seungcheol laughed at them, but secretly he was glad you were coming too.

Meanwhile, in your dorm, you were rushing around. "Manager oppa, have you seen my nice skirt, the one I wear when I meet sunbaes?" "Unnie, have you seen my blouse?" "Ahh, where's my socks!" You really adored Seventeen, especially the hip-hop team. You were elated when your brother, Jeonghan, introduced you to Seungcheol. Dressing nicely, and applying some light makeup, you left to meet the hip-hop unit.

You finally reached the meeting place, and greeted the members. Giving Seungcheol a hug, you moved on to shaking hands with the other three. They couldn't say much, so Seungcheol helped do all the talking. "We're singing 'A Midnight's Summer Sweetness' by San E and Raina sunbae. I know you can sing it for us, right?" "Yeah, let me test it out once to see if you like my tone." You searched up the lyrics on your phone and sang Raina's part. The hip-hop team listened to you intently, and when you finished, they clapped. "It sounds perfect for our performance." Vernon said, nodding his head. Mingyu smiled, "We'll go with this, thanks!"

During practise, the boys were acting up. Wonwoo kept taking your hand, Mingyu gave you backhugs, Seungcheol pokes your cheeks and Vernon winked at you several time. After three hours of practise, you called Jeonghan. You had to admit you loved the attention from the boys, but it was getting frustrating. They needed to focus on the performance and audience, not you. "Hello, oppa? It's me~ I'm at one of your practise rooms, the green one. Could you come here during your break? Now? That's great! Okay, see you~" You hung up and drank from your water bottle. The boys were staring at you, pretty much lovestruck. You patted Vernon's head, "Nice work mixtaping this, Vernon. I really like it." He literally beamed from the praise, and Mingyu sulked.

"Dongsaaaaaaeng!" Jeonghan burst into the room. Throwing his arms around you, your brother pecked your cheek. "Oppa, thanks for coming." You whispered. "Something's wrong with Seungcheol oppa and the others." Jeonghan frowned, and snapped his fingers. "Boys, show me one round of your performance!" After a run-through, Jeonghan sighed. "Boys, you need to focus on the audience more, and not my pretty dongsaeng." Blushing, you swatted Jeonghan. "I'm excited for this, and I posted on SNS to get more support for you guys!" Smiling, you informed them. "Guys, let's work hard and give them an amazing performance!" Jeonghan squinted at them, and stated, "Also, no touching my dongsaeng."

The next day, it was time to perform. Your manager drove you to the venue, and you met up with Seventeen backstage. "Jihoon oppa!" You tackled Woozi, who you'd met before. He patted your head, and you greeted the rest of Seventeen. The hip-hop team tried not to glare too hard at Woozi, and Jeonghan noticed, sniggering at them. The members split up into their units to practise one more time before the final reveal. After a quick practise and cheer with the hip-hop team, you watched the performance team present their choreography, cheering with the rest of the members.

Soon, it was time for the hip-hop team to present with you. They ran out without you first, and Vernon began singing. You walked out when it was your part, singing the song as well as you could. Fortunately, the boys followed Jeonghan's advice and paid attention to the crowd. Running off the stage when the song finished, you watched the hip-hop team present the second part of their stage. Moving along to the beat, Jeonghan put his hands on your shoulders and whispered to you, "You know, I think those boys like you very much." Your eyes widened, and you whispered back, "I really doubt so, oppa. I'm sure we think of each other as good friends."

"Well, you like one of them, don't you? You can't lie to me." You blushed hearing these words from your brother.

After the performance, you went to buy snacks and drinks for the members while they heard the comments from the judges. "Jeonghan oppa likes this one, Jihoon oppa likes this snack, what do the rest like?" From what you knew about Seventeen, you chose snacks and drinks for them, carrying the two huge bags back to the dorm to meet them. Woozi, who was coming out to clear the trash, helped you carry one bag in. "Dongsaeng, you came for me!" Your brother nearly tackled you flat, but Woozi pulled you towards him. Sighing in relief, you distributed the drinks and snacks to the vocal team. The performance team was at the practise room cleaning, so you took out what you bought for them and put it to one side.

Knocking on Seungcheol's door, you carried the last of the snacks. "Seungcheol oppa, I brought some stuff for you guys!" He opened the door, and Vernon, Wonwoo and Mingyu were all inside. Handing out the goods, you smiled. "Good job team, I heard from Jeonghan oppa that you guys won!" "We couldn't have done it without you, really." Vernon grinned, opening his can of Coke. Mingyu tugged you to his side, and you sat down next to him. "Well, I'm glad you guys won, now you get to relax while your poor members clean up."

They just laughed, and the five of you played the night away.

When you were about to leave, Seungcheol blurted out, "I have something to tell you." Mingyu glared at him and said, "Me too." Wonwoo and Vernon rolled their eyes, "I have something to say too." "I guess you could all just tell me now, right?" The four of them looked at each other and said in unison. "I like you." They looked like they were going to beat each other up. You stood between them and said, "Give me some time to think about it, okay? I'll call and let you know." Shaking your head in disbelief, you left the dorm.

The next morning, you picked up your phone and scrolled to a particular contact. Smiling, you pressed the call button and put the phone to your ear. "Hello, you called?" The person on the other end said. "Yes, I'm calling to tell you to meet me at the park at 9pm, after your practise, okay? See you." Still grinning, you hung up and prepared your outfit for later.

You had picked your member of the hip-hop team, and you were sure you made the right decision to love him.