Even though it's pitch black in front, run forward

Just friends, maybe?

Chaerin had just finished her quick walk around the library to make sure everything is in its right place. She hated it when some students left books lying around the tables without putting them back on the shelves. It was a quiet night for her at the library. The only ones there were the books and her. Not that she minded though. Some peace every now and then was needed.

She could hear footsteps approaching her so she lifted her gaze from the book she was reading, her lips curving into a smile when she saw her friend. A soft laugh escaped her lips when she heard Jiwon's words. "Well, hey there. What brings you here tonight?"

Jiwon casually makes room for herself on the sofa of their common office before replying with a smile "I can't believe how long it took for me to see your darlings and when I did, life gives me a whole new meaning."Jiwon looks around for her beloved coffee and smiles when she sees that you have once again top up the coffee beans for her. She then stood up again as she made her way over to the machine and pop the sides open to insert a new filter paper in. "I have lots tonight. Want to start with a self-brewed coffee?"

"The aliens give me life. I love them," Chaerin said softly as she put the bookmark on before closing the book. She pushed her grey hair behind her ears as she looked at her friend with a smile. "Sounds good to me. I wasn't able to drink coffee when I was pregnant." She lets out a soft hum as she tilts her head a bit.

"Good moments are meant to be shared with friends, your coffee machine is going to be lonely, I foresee" A soft implication and a simple smile as Jiwon loaded the water and waves for you to join her at the high chair beside the machine. It was their little routine whenever they had things to discuss to be seated there. The fragrance of the coffee always helps their mind and body to relax when making important decision.

A small frown made its way on Chaerin's face when she heard the words. Chaerin got up from the couch and walked to the chair and sat down. "Is something wrong?" She asked softly as she looked at her friend with concern in her eyes.

Jiwon didn't answer immediately. Instead, she placed a set of keys onto the table which you immediately recognized to be the master keys to all the various rooms of this place. One item stood up amongst the rest; a Head librarian staff pass that has Jiwon's dorky smiles.“Buddy, if I may ask for you for a huge favor?” She meets your concerns eyes and assure you that she was okay by returning a smiles followed by a nod.

Chaerin looked at the keys, the frown getting replaced by a sad look. She clenched her jaw before slowly looking at her friend again. "Whatever you need," she said softly, her voice less cheerful than before.

The slight change of mood did not go unnoticed. Chaerin was in all times here, the librarian she most appreciated. Although the friendship between them did not come easy, she knows that the bond they have built will bring them to many more years ahead. “I think I don't have to really explain too much because from the looks of it, you know what I am trusting in your hands. I build this library up with the support of the head mistress. Building may be easy but keeping is the challenge, just like all honors. I trust you. " 3 simple words that ended based on the trust foundation they have built. Jiwon steams the glasses as the brown liquid starts to fill their cup.

Chaerin watched the liquid fill the cup, a soft sigh leaving her lips. "I love this library. I will do whatever I can to make it stay like it is. Trying to make it better," she said with a small nod to confirm her words.

“I know,” Jiwon smiles as she hands you a cup of her favourite blend. Three type of coffee bean proportioned to the finest blend that explodes in flavour once it reaches their palate. “I could always count on you and I know it. I will be contactable by this number.” She hands you a card inscribe with her new contact number.

"Oh and Chaerin. I have a small other personal favour and something for you” She hands you an old tattered book of The Little Prince that was frail on the edges, from excessive flipping and reading. Yet the conditions were kept in as best state as it could, despite the heavy usage.

Chaerin took the book carefully and looked down at it, her lips curving into a small smile. "Your favorite," she said softly as she opened the book to sniff the page. "I love the scent of books."

Jiwon sips onto her cup with a wide grin that covers the side of the porcelain. “It was the beginning for my love of books after stars. Stars were my companion when the world was only me alone. But books were my soul. They made me become who I am today and I know there will be more to come. I felt this was best shared with someone that is like minded. I know you will hold and cherish it.” Looks at the book with a little longing before turning back onto you.

“It can no longer take the rough travels of my forward journey and it is simply too precious for me to just shelve it away. Parting it with you would be like a part of me with you. Remember chae, for us, it shall always be a beginning and never an ending” Jiwon sighs a soft blissful note as the coffee goes into her body like the fuel to life.

Chaerin nodded and held the book in her hands, not wanting to let go of it. "So," she said quietly. "There will be no head librarian from now on?" She looked up at Jiwon with a small smile.

Jiwon smiles at your small and careful action, as warmness caress her bloodstream. With each passing moment, her smile widens. Taking the opportunity of your tied down hands, she grip the bunch of items she had prepared earlier for you and slides them into your pocket with a wink. A glow of playfulness returns back onto the face of the older lady before commenting “Well, I do so believe that we have one now”.

The night passes quickly, words and laughter constantly shared between the two before Jiwon gives away one of her famous warm hugs. “Thank you Chae. Take care of wife and the aliens and text me whenever you need someone to talk to.” Just as she was parting from the hugs, Jiwon’s lips casually brush by Chaerin’s lips before placing a chaste kiss onto her cheeks and lingered for a moment; Not too long, but not too short. She left the slightly confused Chaerin and insisted to walk out of the office alone. Just like how she had come, she returns back to the Cross Garden and awaits for her transportation

Swinging her legs on the bench as Jiwon hums a soft melody that was passed on for generations within her family back in the outskirts; a song of hope, future and uncertainty. Life's paradox is most beautiful when it is surrounded by possibilities. She takes a diary of her grandma she held in possession and continued reading for the time to pass. Inside here, is the key to the next place she has to be?