EPILOGUE

The Archer

EPILOGUE

 

“Your majesty? Your majesty your breakfast has arrived!” the man knocked countless times against the grand white doors to the King’s chambers but still no answer came. He had pulled the sleeves of his thick white robes with intricate embroideries of royal blue on its edges. Its twin tail dragged on his back, while the buttons were neatly done. If it wasn’t for his patience, he would have zapped the door open with lightning through his staff he was holding on the left hand.

Taking a deep breath the man dropped all the formality, much to the trailing servants’ fun, because this only happens if the King’s royal advisor loses his cool.

“Luhan get out of your damn room and eat your breakfast, goddammit you have a meeting with the royal council in two hours! If you don’t answer I will ing crash your damn door for the tenth time this month!”

 

 

“He must have been tired sire, we will just come back later,” said the head maid behind him, bowing her head in respect.

“No, you stay here. I didn’t burn my eyes in studying sorcery day and night for years just to watch that lazy king slack off.”

The maid giggled and blushed when he raised an eyebrow at her. “You and his majesty are so close sire.”

The man shrugged, “Luhan is my only family—and I am willing to spend my eternal life Sehun bestowed me to protect my elder brother.”

 

With that, he kicked the door open only to find out that he was talking to no one in the room.

“The king is gone!” he hissed. “Again.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you sure that Chen won’t zap your when we get back? I mean he’s worse than a mother!” Sehun laughed as he flew right next to Luhan who was riding Aria with his silver hair being messed by the wind. In his light silver armor, the young king brought his regal weapon in his weekly escapade.

“We’re just doing our morning run, besides, Chen wouldn’t do anything despite all his nagging” he chuckled looking ahead at the border of the kingdom. “He knows I’m doing this to keep on watch every week—he’d just be angry with me ditching the royal meeting.”

“You’re so naughty.” Laughed the wolf.

 

Luhan shook his head and sped up, only to be surprised at what he saw beyond the margin.

“Sehun—“

The wolf stopped as well, hovering beside the young king. Beyond the mountain range was a sea of white, thick gray clouds and roaring wind. The snow storm is getting stronger because the temperature around them drops by the second—and the king was positive that it will spread sooner or later in Ybarra, the new Zambria that he had built with the help of his friends, his family and his people.

“What the hell is that—“

Sehun glowered as he turned to him, “Whatever it is, it’s not good. It wasn’t supposed to snow in this season. Let’s go back and warn the people to prepare for the sudden winter.”

 

 

Luhan and Sehun announced what they discovered by the border in the royal meeting when they get back. They had passed the announcement as soon as possible and gave out a ration of food and thick clothing for the people. Good thing that Kyungsoo and Jongin rebuilt the fortress and capital in higher grounds so that they wouldn’t worry of being buried by snow.

Those two went off their own like Yixing and Suho since the end of war five years ago. Chen stayed by his side and became his royal advisor with Sehun granting him immortality to serve the immortal king in return. They have been living quite a peaceful and ordered life until today.

 

When everyone was too busy preparing for the upcoming winter, Luhan was greeted by the disciples of the oracle that was residing not too far from Ybarra. The oracle was a blind old woman, who was too weak to walk on her own that she was carried by a grand palanquin.

Startled by the sudden visit, Luhan helped the oracle stand by holding her hand.

“King Luhan, your majesty,” she smiled and greeted with her husky and airy voice. “I have come to announce what I have seen last night,”

“A prophecy?” Chen asked behind the king. Sehun attentively listened in his wolf form.

At the mention of prophecy, the throne room has gone silent.

 

 

Nodding, the woman handed a scroll to the king, which was given to her by one of her hooded disciples.

 

The young king took it and unrolled the paper, taking a deep breath before reading the four lined foretelling.

.

 

 

 

 

From the fires of hell the Queen of Death will rise,

Land and Ocean covered in snow and ice.

Forlorn and frail the land will cry,

Until the rebirth of the Heartfire child.

 

 

 

END

 

 

 

 

 

~0~

A.N

Thank you so much everyone for supporting The Archer! Yes it's done. hahaha. But yes after reading the Epilogue

I think you know what will come soon. However I will tell you before hand that no--Xiumin is not the antagonist next time just because

the prophecy said Snow and Ice. Nope, not Xiumin.

 

Also, for those who took their time commenting and sharing their opinions Thank you so much!

Of course for those people who UPVOTED the story thank you so much!

 

We'll see each other soon!

 

Please anticipate for the spin-off or sequel whatever you wanna call it--

entitled "The Heartfire"

 

 

See Ya!