Prologue

The Archer

PROLOGUE

 

[1]“Deviika! Tu ybram!”

“Nana! Nana!”

”Tu rumav tha…tu ybra--ah!”

”NANA!”

 

An abrupt shake of the carriage stole even the short amount of time they have to rest. Darkness made it impossible for them to see where they are exactly but the road seemed rocky and narrow. The scent of pine trees is in the air but the pungent smell of sweat and dirt lingers in the crowded cellar he was in.

However he kept his head down even if it’s hidden under the hood he had always been wearing. Others groan and shifted position, but for him, he was rather thankful he was awakened. He’d rather not relive those painful memories in one of his repetitive nightmares.

“They could have just killed us.” Said the man in front of him, groggy and exhausted from the attack that fall upon their village Radsha. “Why do they have to take us and make us their pathetic slaves—these Nazaeles had no mercy—“

“Shut up there slave!” interrupted one of the Nazaele soldiers as he tapped the metal bar of their cellar with the sheath of his short sword.

 

All the man could do was sob. He knew him—he’s the forger in Radsha, and before they were taken by the armed soldiers he was there by his shop when they were attacked. He too witnessed the death of his five years old son and how his wife was dragged away in a different carriage.

“My poor boy…my son…what have they done to my son…” he heard him cry.

 

He could only look up at the night sky, listening to this man’s sufferings when the carriage stops. Soldiers from the back had yelled with questions at the interruption of their journey when the answer came with swift and agile furry bodies of four legged creature, dashing in front of them. Claws digging into the flesh of the soldiers, canines breaking through the flesh with a wild growl—

“W-Wolves! There are wolves!”

They all began to panic, mostly to the Nazaeles who didn’t expect to meet a wolf—much more a pack of wolves—after twenty years.

Some slaves managed to escape their cellars by using the sword they snatched within reach when their guards dropped dead near them. And others helped the other villagers to get out of their cellar.

 

However, the wolves seemed to have no mercy and killed even the Radsha people. Lucky for the others, they ran away. But their cellar was the last one to open. Unfortunately, the man who let them out was also killed by one of the pack. Men rushed out of the cellar, almost pushing him to the ground.

Wolves ran after them, some got their limbs cut, some managed to ran away.

However the forger and one other stayed by his side as they ran. Three of them made their way out peacefully, or so they thought. Because right then a black wolf was on their path, dropping a hand of a man before its canines, tempted to kill more.

 

He stood there frozen on the ground. He could neither run nor try to kill the wolf because it wasn’t in his nature too. The low growl brought chills to his spine that his knees gave in on its own.

The forger witnessed how the man in hood knelt before the wolf and bared its neck as if waiting for it to tear him down. He tried pulling him up, asking what he was doing and that they should run now. But the man in hood remained on his knees.

The nearly forgotten wolf snapped its mouth, startling the two other than the man in hood. And as the wolves surround the three slaves, they waited for their alpha’s signal to kill them.

 

 

The black figure only passed him by, tearing the forger’s body piece by piece. The other man was long dead by the time he heard another loud scream by the forger.

“Why are they not attacking you!? Why only me!? AHH!!”

He could only look at his dying figure for he couldn’t answer that.

The pack of wolves ran to the forest after pooling blood on what he recognized as the Triad Pass. He’s nearing the civilization once again. No one but him and the others who got to run away had survived.

No human survives the wrath of the wolves unless they escaped or managed to kill them.

And the reason why he was left untouched was something he shouldn’t let anyone know.

 

 

---

[1]”Run! My son!”

“Mother! Mother!”

“I love you my so—ah!”

“MOTHER!”

---

 

a.n. Because of the constant upvote even i haven't updated yet, and the subscription of course. I'm leaving this with a prologue before i officially start the story! short and hmm... mysterious. i haven't revealed who's the man in hood yet!

so please anticipate! thank you so much!

 

p.s. The language is purely made by me and sorry if it sounds awful XD