Good Morning?

Like Honey

Getting a coffee was never supposed to be this stressful.

Kyungil paced back and forth outside the café praying to god that Yijeong couldn’t see him from inside. The last thing he needed was the guy he was supposed to be hanging out with later seeing him having a mental breakdown at 8am.

Kyungil leaned against the wall wondering if at the coffee was even worth it. He could just take a nap at work or maybe just crash his car on the way home—you know, no big deal.

A tap on the shoulder shook him out of his thoughts.

“Hi there.” A cute voice giggled. Please don’t let that be who I think it is. Kyungil turned to the source of the voice to find Yijeong looking up at him with a highly amused expression.

Dammit.

“Oh, hey! Fancy meeting you here… at the place… where you work…” Kyungil trailed off, avoiding eye contact as best as he could. Why the hell did you say that you idiot.

Yijeong laughed so hard he looked as if he would cry at any moment. “You’re funny.” he chortled. “Anyway, my supervisor told me to ask you if you were coming in or not. You’ve kinda been out here for 20 minutes and having people pacing back in forth in front of your café isn’t exactly good for business.”

Kyungil blushed a shade of red that should only be seen on a tomato or a lobster and nodded shyly, following Yijeong into the door.

“So.” Yijeong turned to him with the most adorable smile. “Same as usual, right?”

Kyungil, still not having had recovered from his embarrassment, merely smiled and nodded again.

“Okey dokey!” Yijeong chuckled. “Have a seat and I’ll get it for you.”

Kyungil quickly found a seat and fiddled with his phone as he waited. He dared not make eye contact with anyone in this café if they had really all watched him pace in front if it for 20 minutes. After what felt like the longest 5 minutes ever, Yijeong returned with his iced Americano and a blueberry muffin.

“Here you go.” Yijeong set the coffee and muffin down on the table. “The muffin was a gift from me. I don’t know if you like blueberry or not, but I figured you might be hungry.”

Yijeong was about to walk away when Kyungil lightly grabbed him by the wrist. The younger male turned back to him with a suspicious raise of an eyebrow.

Kyungil placed his credit card into Yijeong’s hand. “Do you mind paying for the coffee for me?” He blushed. “I’m too embarrassed to talk to anyone in here now…”

Yijeong smiled. “You’re cute.” He teased. “No problem, I’ll bring back your receipt.”

Kyungil nodded in appreciation and sipped his coffee quietly. Yijeong returned as quickly as a lightning bolt.

“Here you go.” He smiled as he handed over the receipt. “See you later.”

Kyungil bolted out of that café faster than Usain Bolt. Not until he had reached his job did he turn over the receipt.

On the back was a note from Yijeong.

See you later :)

Remember, 4PM!

Don’t be late ;)

- Yijeong