C3- Should I?

Love Me Like You Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Though she went to take a nap, Baekhee can't close her eyes or shut her thoughts out in her room. She lies on her back, watching the ceiling, deep in wondering.

There's a strange tightness linger inside her chest, not letting her rest for a second.

*What is this feeling? It is so not comfortable.*

She sighs. Back at the table she was fine... and she couldn't take her eyes off Chen. His face, cheekbones, his pink lips with those curl in the corners... All features seemed beautiful. Chen was beautiful.

*Nope, scratch that... Chen is a guy so he's handsome. If anyone is beautiful between us, it can only be me. We're a beautiful and suitable pair.*

She smiles contently until she realizes what all these mean.

*Wait a minute, what I’m thinking about? Have I thought of us as a beautiful pair? Really? I must be crazy... You, ert heart! Don’t put ideas in my head! ... There's no way we can be together. He's not comfortable enough with me.*

She sighs again and turns her body to the right, facing the wall.

*We chatted just now comfortably though. Even the way he looked at me felt different like... I wasn't just one of s but somebody closer than that. Maybe he likes me after all?*

Still not feeling loose and comfortable, Baekhee turns her body back to face the door.

*Ah. What I'm thinking about. I should not be like this. I hate this feeling. So annoying!*

She continues to turn her body from right to left and vice versa, hope sleep will overcome her and her mind gets rid of thinking about Chen.

As minutes pass but nothing happens, she gradually gives up.

“Ah, I can’t be like this!” Baekhee shouts while punching her pillow grumpily.

Too immersed with her own feelings, she hasn't realized the door of her room creaked open and somebody came inside.

“Hey. Are you alright?”

Baekhee stiffens when she hears the deep voice. She only feels relieved when she looks up and recognizes its owner as Chanyeol.

“Ya! You freaked me out, silly. Why didn’t you knock on the door before coming in?” Baekhee throws a pillow towards the intruder.

Chanyeol catches it just before it could land in his face and walks towards Baekhee's bed to sit beside her.

“I'm sorry, we've just come back from dinner and I heard you shout. I was worried something happened to you so I just barged in without thinking... Now tell me, why were you shouting? Is something bothering you?"

Baekhee sits up awkwardly.

“Nothing. I've just thought about some stuff. Yeah, some stuff."

Realizing it can't pass as a satisfying answer, Baekhee gives her group member a sweet smile to reassure him.

Chanyeol’s eyebrows lift and the smirk on his face becomes evident.

"Oh yeah? What kind of stuff?” 

“Just random stuff... You know, non-important random stuff.” 

Oh my, she isn't getting wih this anywhere.

It seems like Chanyeol thinks the same because erases the teasing tone from his words.

“Baekhee."

The way he looks at her makes Baekhee feel uncomfortable. She knows that Chanyeol cares about her... but lately he might overdoes it a bit. There are some things that need to be kept secret and private, for example Chen.. her husband. (There’s no way she could told Chanyeol about Chen.)

Chanyeol has to understand.

“There’s nothing, Chanyeol-ya. You should go out. I’m tired and I want to sleep.. You must be tired too being out for long.” Baekhee lies down again, takes the blanket to cover her body and closes her eyes.

She's being rude but it's Chanyeol. He's used to her sudden change of mood.

“Alright then. I don’t want to push you... but you know you can count on me right? I’ll place the food in the kitchen... Good night. I love you” Chanyeol kisses Baekhee's cheek and leaves.

When she's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter