C2- Awkward

Love Me Like You Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A deep growl coming from his stomach makes Chen alert on his first night back in Korea. When was the last time he ate? Back on the plane? Or back in China?

Chen puts his arms under his head with a sigh. He is hungry, but he also feels too tired to go to the kitchen and make something for himself. He decides to stay in bed, hoping his hunger will go away and he can sleep peacefully.

But, a few minutes later another uncomfortable sound can be heard in the little room.

There, his stomach is growling again.

"Fine, fine. I'll go to the kitchen and make some ramen to shut you up.” Chen murmurs grumpily.

As he gets up from his bed, he sees the bed next empty. Strange.

 

Chen walks out of his room to find the hallway empty too. He passes through the living room, but it’s dark and quiet. What time is it? He pulls out his phone to check it but before he could get to that, notices an incoming message.

 

From: Hannie Noona

“Hey Chennie, the members have had dinner outside. We wanted to ask you to join but it seems like you fall asleep so we went out without you. I’ve just wanted to tell you that we may come back late to the dorm, so don't worry about us.”


Ah, so that’s how it is.

 

To: Hannie noona

Okay, take care of yourselves, guys. Don't stay out too late.

 

He puts his phone back inside his pocket after and enters the kitchen.

 

Chen stops by the fridge to drink some water. It’s refreshing but it neither chases his hunger away nor makes him forget about how s ditched him. It’s understandable that they didn’t want to wake him up after such long flight but it’s his first night back in Korea. He should be out celebrating too!

 

“Next time they won’t get away this easily”, Chen swears inside his head as he pulls out a pot to make ramen. The fact that the others are probably chewing on meat doesn’t comfort him a bit.

 

The ramen is done soon. Chen takes it to the dining table almost in a trance – he can finally eat!

 

He’s so immersed with the heavenly smell, he doesn’t realize somebody came to the kitchen too while he was cooking. So when Chen attempts to approach the table and put the still hot pot (unfortunately not the hot pot he had in China) down, he bumps into the person, the food falling from his hand and onto the floor.

 

"Omo!” Chen flinches when he recognizes them as Baekhee. “I'm sorry. I didn't realize someone was here too."

 

"It's okay.” She answers then leans closer concerned. “Are you alright?”

 

Seeing Baekhee after almost half of a year being apart makes Chen even more awkward and his heart do an uncomfortable flip. He hangs his head low, watching the pot lying upside down on the floor, soup and noodles scattered everywhere.

 

What should he say? Or do? It’s… so not how he imagined their reunion in his head.

 

Thinking Chen didn’t hear her, Baekhee repeats the question.

 

"Chen, are you alright?”

 

"Y-yes, I am.”

 

Baekhee isn’t convinced by this so turns her gaze to Chen's hand which is unhealthy red.

 

"Ya, you’ve burnt your hand! How could you be alright? … Let me put some medicine on it. I'll take the first aid kit from my room, wait here.”

 

Chen has “you don’t need to” on his tongue but the girl is already away before he could say them out loud.

 

While Baekhee is away, Chen cleans the floor from the spilled ramen and takes the dish to the sink.

 

There goes his dinner.

 

As he opens the tap and cold water falls on his hand, the burn aches. Chen lets out a hiss but even so he feels more wounded by his hungry stomach.

 

Baekhee arrives back to the kitchen in a minute with the kit on her hand.

 

She sits beside the table and pats the chair next.

 

"Sit. It won't take long."

 

"It's... It's alright. It's not that serious. You don't need to-“

 

"I need to.” Baekhee interrupts him, grabbing his hand in the process. “Don’t protest.”

 

Chen watches silently as she’s applying cooling gel on the burnt area. The contrast doesn’t feel nice but Chen is too busy with thinking to care about that.

 

"There.” Baekhee breaks the silence as she finishes wrapping. “It’ll be fine in a few days.”

 

Chen can’t help but smile. So caring.

 

The idyllic moment gets broken by a loud growl, once again caused by Chen’s misbehaving stomach.

 

Great.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter