Prompt #53: Whatever Within

Fic Fest AD&AD

"Hyuuung!" Jongin whined into the phone after endless scrolling in Naver to search for The Perfect Christmas Gift for The Most Beautiful Person in The Galaxy.

"Jongin, do you know what time it is right now?" Came the groggy reply from Minseok. Jongin pouted at the digital clock on his bedside table, glaring a bright green 02:15 AM.

"But Minseok hyuuuung, I really need your help! This is emergency! SOS!" He could hear the older's groan, some rustlings on the bed, and Joohyun noona's voice asking if her husband was okay.

"What is it?" Minseok asked after reassuring his wife to go back to sleep.

"It's Luhan..." Jongin sighed, burying his face in the pillow, "I don't know what to give him for Christmas..."

"Luhan? You mean your assistant of nine months that you have a crush on?" Jongin answered with a muffled yes and a blush.

"Jesus Christ, Jongin, you called me at three in the morning to ask that?!" He whispered harshly which Jongin replied with a whisper of it's not even two past thirty yet, hyung...

"Jongin-" Minseok was about to nag but then his brother let out that kicked puppy voice and he had to inhale and exhale. "Okay, okay"
He ponders, trying to work his sleepy brain. "Do you know what he likes? Favorite colour, or something that he recently wants, maybe?"

Jongin beamed and Minseok swore he could hear it through the phone. The younger started to list down the things Luhan liked, from ManU to Hello Kitty, then he squealed about Luhan's sparkling eyes.

"I get it, I get it." Minseok cut, he didn't need to hear his brother's rambling about his crush at this hour.

"And, oh! I bought a rolex for him yesterday!"

Minseok was this close to throw his phone out the window, "...Then why did you bother to ask me what to give him, Jonginnie?" He gritted his teeth.

Then Jongin wailed and complained that his gift was too plain, that he wanted something special to give to Luhan, like a ring, but then that will be too much, he hadn't even confess yet. Maybe a necklace? But he doubted Luhan would like to wear it. Or a bracelet? But isn't that too girly? Luhan insisted that he was manly all the time, Jongin didn't want to give him something that would offend the love of his life, would he? A house? An apartment? But Luhan practically lived with Jongin from how often he slept over, he had his own bedroom, closet, and spare keys. How about a car? And kitties?

Minseok sighed, "I don't know Jongin, just buy him everything. I'm going back to sleep, good night." Minseok turned off his phone and kept it in his drawer before carefully spooned his sleeping wife, leaving Jongin to toss and turn on his own bed until dawn.

"Good morning, Jongin- uhh... Are you not feeling well?" Luhan asked hesitantly, surprised to see the black lines under the CEO's eyes. Luhan was used to him being sleepy all the time, but the panda eyes were something new this morning.

Jongin just hummed, walking like a zombie that Luhan had to help him get into the car.
"Do you want me to cancel the meeting at 10? You seem to need a lot of sleep..." Luhan asked worriedly once they were seated in the car.

"No... I'm okay..." Jongin shifted to rest his head on Luhan's thigh, "Hmm, nice Lulu..." He sighed and drifted off to sleep. Luhan blushed and awkwardly cleared his throat at the wiggling eyebrows sent from the chauffeur through the rearview mirror.

Luhan was glad for the traffic this morning, they spent more than two hours to get to the office but that meant more sleep for Jongin. He gently woke the sleeping CEO up then fixed his hair and tie, and smoothed down his crinkled shirt before handing him his blazer and coat.

"Open up~" Luhan said, popping some mints into Jongin's mouth to freshen him up. They shared shy smiles, then Luhan patted Jongin's cheeks before going out of the car with some documents for the meeting.

Christmas was coming fast and it was getting even colder, white snow piled up blocking the roads. Jongin was glad he didn't book a dinner at some restaurants, he wouldn't want to make Luhan suffer from the biting cold outside, though the thought of his assistant's red nose was endearing. But Luhan's smile when he saw the romantic dinner and Christmas decorations prepared by Jongin himself in his penthouse, was priceless.

"Oh! Someone's been a very good boy this year!" Luhan grinned when he saw at least a dozen boxes of gifts under Jongin's Christmas tree in the corner of the living room. Jongin grinned back, shyly, rubbing the back of his neck. "They are all yours, actually..."

Luhan looked at him with that infamous deer-in-the-headlight look of him, the look that got Jongin swept off of his feet, and he had to bite his lip to brace himself.

"Aha..ha... You're so funny, Jongin haha..."

Jongin pouted, "I'm not kidding, Lu! I bought them all for you..." He cleared his throat, "You... You're the good boy..."

 

That sounded kinda wrong.

"...W-what?"

Jongin didn't know what to say anymore so he pulled the older's hand to stand in his bedroom's door, where he had hung a mistletoe. Luhan looked up when Jongin cupped his face lovingly. It happened in a second, and their lips were touching softly, sweetly.

"Merry Christmas, Luhan..." Jongin whispered to his lips with a smile.