If the world betrays you

Strangers to Sisters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“What? You're moving to Canada in the second semester? I thought you wanted to graduate here.”


“I changed my mind.”


“But you promised we'd graduate together and apply in the same college with Seulgi.”


“Screw that promise, my decisions and my ambitions is none of your buisness, Irene.”


“H-How could you say that, I... I thought we're friends.”


“Friends? You want the truth? My intention wasn't to mend what has been broken, I only wanted to be your friend again because my group left me.”


“W-Wendy... you can't be serious. You can't do this to me again.”


“Don't you dare force me. We're over and tell Seulgi to forget that this friendship ever happened.”


Behind the door of the music auditorium stood Seulgi stiffly with her fists clenched tight that it hurts, her eyes welling up, her heart shattering into pieces, her blood gushing and boiling madly and her entire being stinging with an uncontrollable anger.

Was her ears only playing tricks or did she hear it right?

She wasn't sure, her mind was a whirlwind at the moment.

She wanted to be anywhere but here and pretend that she never heard that conversation. But how can you pretend when reality is like a hard slap on the face?


Betrayer. Seulgi screamed in her head. How dare you use Irene again. First you befriended her just to gain popularity and now because your old friends left you?

You're out of your mind, Wendy. What do you mean by forget that this friendship ever happened? This is not a game. How could we possibly forget it just like that when you gave us so much to remember.

Being played while being loyal.

Now she knows how it feels like, now she knows what Irene has been through before.

It deeply hurts. Like a stab of a dagger in the heart.

 

* *

 

Ever since that day when Irene and Wendy argued, Seulgi has been out of reach. She's been so strangely distant, so close yet so far as if she's disconnected from the world.

A few teachers were worried about her odd behavior, lost, zoning out and not paying attention to the lessons. Her parents and classmates would bombard her questions if she's doing fine but she would only avoid them. And lastly her best friend, she would ignore Irene's calls and text messages and run off whenever she's nearby.

Seulgi felt terribly bad about it, the last thing she would ever do was worrying people, but what Wendy did and said was unforgivable so she decided to act that way which only made it worse.


“I already checked your quiz papers yesterday and I'm surprised someone has finally got a full mark for the first time.” The Physics teacher announced, snapping Seulgi out of her train of thoughts.

“Yeah, sad to say that it's kinda hard to get a perfect sco

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter