So close yet too far away

Strangers to Sisters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Irene's POV

 

I thought I would have to wait much longer.

I even thought that I would never see Seulgi again.

But I was wrong.

Here she was, wide awake but still motionless on the white bed that she's been lying on for almost three months. She was trying to make a move but it was typically hard because of her paralyzed left limbs. It was a painful scene to look at.

She struggled a lot, not only once but three times. When I left her, when she was in comatose, and now her eyes were fluttered open, she was still struggling and I hated that.

I hated myself for hurting her.


I was happy she was alive, I was happy she survived, but instead of tears of joy streaming down my face, it was tears of an agonizing sadness at what she said.

“You're my nurse right? Why aren't you helping me get up?” Seulgi said, her voice shocked me. It was cold and so does her brown eyes which was once filled with warmth.

“I, Uh...” I staggered, not knowing what to say so I shook my head.

She sneered at how stupid I sounded then she said. “Bring her then!”

“O-Okay!”


By the time her two nurses in charge came alongside with the doctor, Seulgi fought with them when they stated that she can't be discharged right at the moment or even tomorrow, and worse than that, she broke down when they told her about her tragic condition.

Disabled left limbs. Memory loss.

When asked if it was her own fault alone getting into that accident, they only shrugged even though they know the whole story. I told them but they chose to keep it to themselves in order not to shock her even more.

It's my fault, Seulgi. I left you, resulting you being sad.

I always knew you were an emotional wreck when someone hurts you, but I turned my back on you instead.

I wanted to scream so badly, I wanted to tell her those words but what's the point when she doesn't remember me? She barely spared a glance at me in the first place as if I was non-existent.

Unable to hear h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter