Friday Night Loneliness

Strangers to Sisters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Why the glum face? You know it doesn't suit you.” Seulgi said in a greeting way.

No response.


“Is there something bothering you?”

No response.


“Hey, answer me or no ice-cream after school like I promised.”

The other girl still remained mum.


“Hello? Irene? Say something or no hang out tonight.” Seulgi kept bombarding questions while heading toward their classroom, but before her friend could reach the door-knob, she swiftly grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her aside in an empty corner. “Will you stop ignoring me. Tell me what's the matter, I'm worried sick.”

“It's nothing.” Irene replied nonchalantly.

“Nothing? I'm not stupid.” The latter shot back. “I won't let you go inside unless you tell me what's wrong.”

“Fine!” The baby-faced blonde girl heaved out a long sigh in surrender, hands gripping the straps of her bag and looking straight at Seulgi. “There's nothing wrong actually, it's just... two days ago when I was having a dance practice, I bumped into Wendy by coincidence. We had a little talk and...”

“And what?”

“She begged me to give her a second chance to start over again, and I'm torn whether she deserves it or not. She sounded so guilty and regretful, but what she's done to me was horrible. My kindness was toyed, and I was used while being loyal.”

“I understand,” Seulgi placed her hands on the blonde's shoulder. “Maybe recently she's been remembering her good times with you making her regret for tearing your friendship apart. I'm not sure about you, but in my opinion I think you should forgive her.”

“Well, I already forgave her without her knowing.” Irene loosened up, smiling a little.

“Then give her the second chance she asked for.”

 

* * *

 

By the time lunch break came, Irene and Seulgi caught up with Wendy who's already striding out of the classroom. The blonde girl was sort of nervous but she needed to lift the weight that's been hanging on her shoulders all at once.

“Wendy, wait up.” She called out.

Immediately, the said girl turned around. “Yes, Irene?”

“Look, I... well... I already made up my mind about what you asked,” Irene walked up to her. “Let's be strangers and start over again. Let's introduce ourselves again. Let's laugh, talk, chill out, relearn what we already know about each other, come up with new silly jokes, create new memories and give each other a second chance.”

“A-Are you serious?” Wendy's big brown eyes glistened.

“Deadly serious,” Irene exclaimed as she extended her hand. “It's a pleasure to be your friend, I'm Bae Irene.”

“Wendy Son.” The brunette shook the latter's hand. “And the pleasure is mine.”


The two girls stared at each other for a while before they burst out laughing and engulf their small bodies into a tight hug.

“My God, Irene, that was so awkward.”

“Absolutely awkward.” Seulgi chimed in gaining their attention, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter