HL, HA: 3

L Chained (His Lady. Her Act)

*Hello! Finally, I'm back to do some updates for my neglected stories, and I really am sorry for not being able to add chapters, but I'll work harder dear readers, fellow melodies and inspirits!

*And to those who kept on waiting, I adore you guys! Thanks for being patient with me!

*Enjoy!

 

“…Ilsoon noona… who… who are you, really?”

“Well, sorry for disappointing you but, I’m not half as good as a person you think I am. And if you’re really smart like I believe you are, decide for yourself whether you’ll forget about this day or be a part of my secret. I’m sorry though that for both choice, you have no chance of escape. So behave and let your lips be sealed. For good.”

Loud gunshot broke into the air.

 

“Wh-where am I?!”

“Could you please tone down your voice? It’s still early to treat your vocal cords harshly like that. And my ears are not friendly with that kind of noise.”

“You shot me and you expect me to calm down?!”

“Don’t overreact; it’s nothing but a tranquilizer. If I shot you with a real bullet, you won’t be waking up in my place but in some casket, six feet under the ground. Anyways, how you’re feelin’ kid?”

“What the hell is this?!”

“Oh, it’s the first time I hear you speak that way. That’s a nice change with the atmosphere dear Sungjong.”

More than feeling the fear he thought would hit him, his curiosity is reaching its peak and he won’t stop asking now that he’s got the chance. What he discovered was something that wouldn’t make him shut up his mouth anyways.

“Great, thanks for appreciating this, so care to explain every single thing I ask about you now?”

--

He did not expect for the girl to leave so early and without giving them any notice, and knowing that he’s got nothing better to do for the day after their professor just left them with a bring-home activity, followed suit.

Realizing how busy the days have been for them, Sungjong decided to leave his car for the enjoyment of taking a walk, remembering how he and Sungjae goofed around and pranked their neighbors by pushing the door bell button and running as if their feet were on fire just for the fun of it.

Missing those younger versions of them, he didn’t notice that he had already reached the convenience store where they had always bought ice cream cones from. Picking a pack of lemon drops, and placing it on the counter, a glimpse of a familiar face and figure caught his attention while waiting for the change.

Ilsoon, on casual clothes and talking to an unknown guy who looked agitated by whatever the girl was saying about.

What happened after lead him to end up in an unfamiliar home, smelling of fried bacon mixed with the smell of disinfectant in the room he was placed in.

--

“So, you’re trying to tell me that you came to our family ‘cause the ones who raised you needs some good news they could get a great sum of money from.”

“You’re taking this so well, aren’t you? I should be wary of you more than your brother, but I can’t help but letting you in. You do know the consequences if ever this spilled from those lips of yours, right?”

“Eey, just because I look good with people doesn’t mean I’m treating my family the same way, of course my twin is an exception. It would be an interesting view for me if ever you actually leak those stories.”

“And I wonder why they fear your brother and consider you an angel.”

“It’s my talent anyways, so don’t bother. By the way, I like this side of you better. And also, you owe me a box of extra large pizza for this wound I got from you.”

Laughing at the sudden change of demeanor by the younger one, she decided to leave him for some more time for rest. It was a long day after all. Tomorrow would worry for itself.

“Fine, young master.”

“Wait, what did you say to my brother? It’s our birthday next Monday and I don’t want to show up this weekend with a bullet hole on my arm.”

“I informed him about the surprise you’re preparing for him. So don’t worry and focus on healing.”

--

“Ilsoooon!”

Loud shouts broke the silence and grumpily, Sungjong sat up and met a pair of dark brown eyes, looking fearful and annoyed, it irritates him.

“Oh common, it’s not like you saw us doing something that would burn your eyes. Now go out and let me sleep in peace.”

“No, you’re not going to sleep right now, and stand up immediately!”

“Nope, not moving.”

Stomping his feet, the stranger pulled Ilsoon towards the bedroom and pointed harshly at the younger guy tucked like a burrito with the bedsheet and blanket wrapped around him.

“What got into your mind and you let that creature live!?”

“Excuse me, but this creature still need some sleep after it got cut off by a banshee’s shout.”

“First of all, a banshee is a female spirit so-”

“I don’t care. Now shoo, go away.”

Shaking her head, Ilsoon decided to prod Sungjong from his position so he could clearly face them despite of all the covers and shoved the other guy in a nearby seat she had placed beside the bed to shut him up as well.

“Here’s the thing, I’m not in the mood for killing anyone. Sungjong, here’s Myungsoo, one of the messengers I talked about, and Myungsoo, this is Sungjong, son of the owner of Lee Corporation.”

“That’s why! Why did you even let him know about us?!”

“Stop shouting will you? My arm’s still stinging from the shot and I’m not in the mood for some guy who’s undergoing his menopausal period.”

“You-”

“Stop it both of you, right now!”

Groaning in pain, Sungjong just burred his face on the pillow while Myungsoo slumped off the chair with a huff. They both looked like children arguing over nonsense. And Ilsoon felt like she’s raising two puppies, she doesn’t want to cherish, but unfortunately, she cares for the two that has been like younger siblings to her through the years.

“I’ll leave the two of you here, so enjoy your time alone together.”

“What?!”

--

“How great of them, leaving for some surprise, yeah right. Then leaving me for the weekends.”

He might always act annoyed by those two but Ilsoon and Sungjong has been the only real family he had ever spent times with since he was a kid. At times he just wants to break his façade and be spoiled by the older lady, or simply cuddle with his twin until they fall asleep.

Knowing better though, Sungjae has already accepted what has already been laid in front of him- his father’s position and perhaps, a life focused on money and fame alone. Things that have gave them an easy and comfortable life, yet the same things that he detests. The same reasons why they lost their mother.

Reaching his favorite spot within the school on the buildings’ rooftop, he ended up sitting on a corner and hugging his legs, looking fragile and in need of console, yet he doesn’t mind waiting for some words or actions to ease the emptiness within him.

--

“Dad, why did they take mom? When will she return home?”

“Not now, Sungjae.”

“But dad, mom said she’ll bake the cake for our birthday, and she’s not here yet. I won’t eat the cake if it’s not baked by mom.”

“Not you too Sungjong.”

“Daddy, she-”

“Shut up! Will you two just shut up!”

Their father has always been cold to them, but they became mere existence of his own children in his life after his wife got kidnapped and killed by an enemy in the business. It was nothing serious in their eyes, both believed that their mother would return after meeting those guys clad in black, that she just bought what’re missing for their birthday, but days turned to weeks, and months, and after seeing her in a casket looking peaceful and dressed in her favorite white dress that made her look younger, that can’t stop the tears from falling, both bawling their lungs out from the pain of losing the most important woman in their lives.

--

“Um, sorry for interrupting your time alone, but…”

Hearing the voice trailed into silence, Sungjae lifted his head up and saw the same guy who he had considered as a bother to him ever since the day he saved him from those bullies. What caught his attention was not the way the other felt scrutinized from his strong gaze but to a small cupcake with a candle messily placed on top of the frosting, as if it’s gonna fall anytime soon.

“Ah, I… your birthday’s on Monday right? I think I won’t be able to give you a proper gift that day knowing that your fans would mob around you, so… here’s a… a little present from me…. and I really am sorry ‘cause I don’t have the budget yet to buy a-”

“Shut up and just light the candle already. Before I throw you off this roof.”

“Right! Um… wait… I just placed it somewhere here… here!”

“A lighter… you smoke kid?”

“No! I mean, if you smoke I don’t mind but I don’t smoke. It’s just for emergency cases, you know, if it suddenly-”

“I heard enough, you don’t need to explain.”

Smiling at him, Minhyuk lit the candle and held it in front of Sungjae’s face, laughing at the annoyed face on the other. He got used to it already that to him, Sungjae resembles more an annoyed puppy than a full-grown wolf.

“Now, make a wish.”

“You do know that you could have bought a real cake right?”

“But I could not sneak that in, since people enjoy bullying me, I’m afraid it would never reach the glimpse of sunlight here if I bought it.”

All of a sudden, he felt his self giggling turning into a full-blown laughter at the pout that formed at the other’s face.

“Hey! I said it not because I want you to laugh at me, you’ll probably bully me as well so-”

All of a sudden, the fire died with the face of Sungjae a few inches away from his own and smirking as if he just saw his next prey.

“No one else could bully you from now on but me alone. You understand that kid?”

“I even brought you cupcake and you’re treating me this way.”

Without answering, Sungjae stood up, brushed off dirt from his uniform and grabbed the cupcake from the other’s hand whose brows are scrunched from confusion.

“Would you just stand there, or follow me? Hurry up slowpoke?”

“Huh?”

“Since you’re my property starting today, I’ll feed you before baking you and eating you properly.”

“Huh?!”

Sighing in annoyance of the other guy’s antics, now frozen on the spot, he held his wrist strongly and pulled to get the man back to his senses.

“You wanted to be friends, right? Well, this is how I treat my friend, I consider them as playthings and I throw them away if I don’t want their company anymore. You think you could cope up with that? I’ll make others hate you a lot, that once I leave you behind they’ll treat you like rubbish. And I won’t look back at you while they make fun of you over and over again. Think you can handle that?”

“You’re afraid, aren’t you?”

No one else was able to read him, except for Sungjong and Ilsoon and they are living in the same space for years now that he thinks it’s possible, but for Minhyuk, he still sees him as the same stranger who’s a weakling and can’t defend his self properly. It’s impossible for him to get a grasp of what’s within Sungjae immediately.

But he just did.

“You think I’ll just use you and leave you afterwards, and you think that everyone else just treats you well because you’re from a well-known family, or afraid of you. But not everyone’s the same you know. You’re one of the kindest persons I ever met, but you keep on choosing to hide it.”

“You don’t know me at all. Damn it.”

“I may not know you well, but I could see the real you. So don’t be afraid to treat me as a friend. I’ve always considered you as one after you saved me. And it’s not because I am in debt to you,… I just… actually, I don’t know. Let’s just go, shall we?”

“And where do you think you’re taking me?”

Looking back after moving a few steps further towards the exit, he reached out his hand and held the other by the wrist, in a gentle manner that says to move along and far from the strong grip Sungjae has always done to others.

“You said you’ll feed me right? Let’s go then, I know a nice ramen place.”

It’s funny how a person could touch your heart without knowing you. And Sungjae is afraid to add another person he would care for, for losing more would break him for good.

How he wished he could handle things like his brother.

 

 

*Okay, what do you think? who would Sungjae end up with? Anyways, happy to see you again here. Silly me, of course, I can't see you. Don't mind my oddball side, just happy that you guys still read this.

*Take care, lovelots. XO

#btobxinfinite