HL, HA:2

L Chained (His Lady. Her Act)

*Mian! It really took me too long to post an update for this story of mine, and I can't explain well so, I hope you understand this lazy author! Thanks for dropping by this story. Enjoy!

 

Everything felt like a rush.

It’s just yesterday when Ilsoon informed them about their father deciding to marry their stepmother in a church, Sungjae wanted to call him right there and then shout all his complaints while Sungjong smiled a sad one ‘cause their new mom wasn’t bad, she’s a caring one and adorable in her own way, but he still couldn’t bear to accept her whole-heartedly.

Since the day their father surprised them by coming back from a business venture in Hong Kong and coming back a remarried man, they had a silent agreement of not minding the woman as if she doesn’t exist at all.

And everything was fine since the couple kept on travelling with their stepsister whom they just knew by name but never met in person. But now that Mr. Lee decided to break his promise about their relationship being a silent one, they’ll be breaking rules as well.

“-should not mind about choosing the right tuxedoes, since your father have prepared everything for you so that you would not encounter any problem along the way. All you need is to go to Hong Kong, and attend their wedding.”

‘’As if I’ll do that. Sungjong, let’s go, I’ll treat you to dinner.”

“Really?! Woah. Ilsson, you should tell us news like that everyday so my brother here would always treat me-”

“Shut up and go change into thicker clothes. You get sick easily so you should know how to look after yourself.”

“I’ll be a little stubborn since you and Ilsoon are there to scold me. Alright, I’ll be quick then.”

Sungjong knows by heart that between the two of them, Sungjae is actually the softer one, but he hides it really well, since he doesn’t want to look weak in front of others, especially in front of their father. He’s the vicious one, since he could fool anyone easily with his bright and loving personality, and he knows how to fight without the need of doing it on his own. It’s just that they decided to make everyone around them believe what they see.

They smart to know that showing your weakness would make you the society’s target, and showing your strength would make them wary of your presence. Putting on covers would do the trick.

“Then that means your father would be disappointed again. I’d love to see that.”

“Tsk. Whatever.”

Before he could step away, Ilsoon’s next words stopped him on his track. She sure could hit him with her words, and Sungjae hates her for that as well.

“But don’t you think you should not publicize how much you really care about your brother? It doesn’t fit your current image right?”

Without looking back, he called for his brother to hurry him up, because he might suddenly change his mind and follow Ilsoon’s suggestion rather than keep his own ground; since he knows what she said was right.

---

Another morning means another work to do, but Sungjae being Sungjae, decided to follow his self-made time-table. And no one has complained to him about his selfish and bothersome actions, and he’ll do more changes today since Ilsoon’s words still rang in his mind.

He expected his silent sanctuary to be peaceful as always, but the view this time is blotched with three students who came before him.

‘’Hey, what are you doing here? This is my spot, so go find your own.’’

Looking at the owner of the voice, the two senior students loosen their hold around the boy’s head and collar. The black-haired one looked nervous, seeing the famous Lee Sungjae a few meters away from them, and despite of being a well-feared bully in the campus, he still felt like a cub in front of the alpha.

While the blonde one tried to keep his cool but failed miserably.

That’s right, be nervous. You should know your place.

‘’Sungjae… that’s Lee Sungjae… let’s go bro, we shouldn’t mess with that guy.’’

Sensing the bullies backing down from his crouched position, Minhyuk felt so relieved that he even thought about kissing his savior, but no, opening his eyes and seeing the tall guy with an overwhelming aura of coldness made him tear the idea into trash than be punched himself.

‘’You’ve been lucky today Minhyuk, but I’ll make sure that-‘’

‘’Oh please, there’s no such thing as luck. And you, I would have punched you and make sure your nose break but I’m holding myself now, so scram. Or do you want me to make myself clear?’’

Slowly, he walked towards the self-proclaimed bullies of their academe. and smirked, and if that won’t make them run away, he thinks it’ll be fun to be in action once in a while, since his father forbids them to join nor create a brawl.

A few more steps and the two ran away, leaving the sighing Minhyuk and the clucking Sungjae on the rooftop. Not caring about the short guy with large glasses, Sungjae proceeded with lying on a spot hidden by a wooden divider to take a nap, yet when he’s about to close his eyes, the remaining senior student came to his side and held out his hands as if waiting to be  greeted back. 

‘’Thank you, Sungjae right?’’

 “I thought I said all what I needed to say. Then what are you doing here? Shut up, walk silently, and leave this place.”

He expected for the other to cower down, and quickly leave him in peace, but after seeing a wide smile on the weak one’s face, he felt annoyed that he thought about pushing him off the rooftop. But that would be a root of more problems he needs to face alone, so held his hands from acting on their own.

‘’You- why the hell are you smiling at me? Stop that. You’re creeping me out. Go away.’’ and he extended his hands towards the smiling human version of a chipmunk, but rather than accepting the other’s, he moved his hands in a gesture as if shooing the senior student, with him being uncomfortable with the proximity between them.

But Minhyuk ,being the oddball that he is, just kept on smiling and before he walked away, said another thanks and bowed down to Sungjae.

‘’By the way, I’m Minhyuk, a senior student here. Nice to meet you Sungjae.’’

Addressing him without formalities or showing signs of fear, talking to him like it’s the most normal thing to do, and being comfortable while trying to break through his own personal bubble, Sungjae felt like seething and he thanked back the stranger in his mind for giving out his name, so that he could add him to the list of the persons he hates most in the world.

But that was not the last day he felt like killing Minhyuk.

---

“Oh, hi Sungjae-ah! Why didn’t you tell me that you’ve made your first friend? We should celebrate that. it’s a big leap towards you being more human-like!”

“Friend huh… friend?! If I could I would have already kicked him on the shin and make sure he won’t be able to walk again so he would stop following me around and be a day-to-day pest to me!”

Hearing this, Sungjong’s ears perked up, and slowly approached his twin brother who’s still clutching his own hair and hugged him from the back all of a sudden.

“Oooh, but no one’s stopping you from doing so Jae-ah. Then, does that mean you couldn’t bear to hurt that person? That doesn’t sound like you… ‘cause you’re not soft to anyone, right?”

But don’t you think you should not publicize how much you really care about your brother? It doesn’t fit your current image right?

‘’Then stop hugging me like this in school, it doesn’t fit my image right?’’

Sungjae knows that no matter how much he wants to cuddle and be the good brother to Sungjong, he could never be open about it. An heir to the Lee Corporation, since he knows that the other would follow his own dreams after graduation, and they had planned it all along, he knows that he should stick with his current self.

That would make everything easier.

And he would never want anyone else to run the company that his parents build on their own. Especially not his stepsister.

‘’Okay, then I should get going or I’ll be late for the next class. See you at lunch.’’

But the thought of being comforted by his own brother lingered inside him. He just wanted to live like normal people, protecting the ones you care about and showing love to those you consider as precious ones.

Sadly, he’s born to the family that doesn’t permit that kind of living.

---

‘’You’re supposed to be here yesterday Ilsoon. What happened?’’

Holding her phone lightly on her right ear, she felt like laughing on the person at the other line, knowing that he still believes he’s got her under control all those years.

No way will she give her own discovered ace for the sake of his welfare. She’s gone through all those hardships not to end up as another puppet like her sisters. She’s far stronger and more will-powered than them.

Ilsoon decided on her own that she never be just a tool, ‘cause she knows that once a tool is found useless, it’ll be discarded without second thoughts.

---

She and her sisters, not by blood, grew up under the care of a private group, with the purpose of serving well-off families who contact the group. They don’t know a thing about their history, nor about the future ahead of them.

All they know was one day; they would leave the hidden little town and be sent to the homes of those who bought them, like dolls sent after paying the order slip. They don’t even have the slightest idea who the head of their organization was. They spent each day honing their skills, the weak should toughen themselves up, the fearful ones should face their fears head on, and those who are rude and plunge into meaningless fights should turn into level-headed and calm women.

It was to keep their front believable. That every single one of them were to be made as a trustworthy slaves by the families, to protect them and serve them no matter what. And a girl look so harmless, they’ve been using it for the advantage of surprise. You would never win a fight once your opponent knew about your skills before you found our theirs.

But that front was not just to hide a bigger part of the picture.

That they were there to get every hidden truth from the places they’re sent to, and use it to extort from the head of the families, and keep on doing it until the client has money to pay, or if one tries to go against them, their secrets could simply be sold to broadcasting networks or media. End of conversation.

But ilsoon, she’s always been one of those innately talented and skilled girls who could stand independently and survive the city jungles. And she’s always been the oddest out of the bunch before she was sent away. Now that she’s got the opportunity to be selfish and provide for her own, she’ll be working it out to the fullest.

---

‘’Hi Ilsoon! Oh, I’m sorry, seems like your busy on the phone.’’

Hearing the voice clearly, he immediately clicked end call despite of the protest shouted at ther and decided to just contact him later after making sure the coast is clear.. He had made it this far to have his cover be blown this easily.

‘’Good afternoon, young master. I just wanted to order a pizza for myself, something like an advance self-celebration.’’

‘’That’s why I told you we should just come out during your birthday. Then you won’t need to celebrate it alone, and be bored like hell for that matter. We could have-‘’

‘’Days come and go, so I think if we regret about something we should have done or should have not, we just need to look forward and make better choices, right?’’

‘’Aye, but you’re becoming deep again. Talk using our language, not the tongue of highly advanced beings.’’

Ilsoon just laughed in return, seeing the scrunched face of Sungjong. If that guy was not born of the family he’s working for, they would get along just fine. But since work comes first, he’ll just continue to be the same Ilsoon his masters know.

‘’It’s fine, really. How about you eat with me once the pizza arrives? I’ll prepare some drinks too.’’

‘’Alright! I’ll just be in my room, feel free to barge in. And oh, try doing that with my brother as well. Bet it’ll be fun.’’

‘’You want to see your brother angry?’’

‘’Of course not. And I believe he’s not actually angry at you. I just want to see him… disorganized. In that way, I’ll be able to see the brother I grew up with. Anyways, I’ll go grab some cookies too.’’

I think it’ll be fun too. I guess I should start knowing those two better.

This is such a fun quest to do.

 

 

 

*Because I love MinJae and IlJae, I'm putting both otps here, and don't worry, myungjong will be up soon, so just wait, okay? Hehe. I'm thinking you've already guessed who's their stepsister. Who do you think is the guy at the other line? 

#inspirit.melody