II.

Beautiful Stranger

“Have you done yet? I need to go home.” You said in a lazy manner, tapping your fingers continuously on the table.

“Relax… It’s Sunday and you should just having fun.” L said from the opposite seat while sipping his black coffee comfortably.

“You said that you will let me go after I accompanied you drink this coffee, right?!” You started to grow annoyed, “That’s why I want you to finish it quicker!”

What the hell is happened inside his brain, huh?! If he wasn’t handsome I might already kick him! Aishh—what am I doing?! For God’s sake I shouldn’t spending time with a stranger…

About 15 minutes ago, L had dragged you to a coffee shop and told you that he will let you go once you accompanied him here as a payback for the bracelet. You didn’t know what to do since he was so persistent and good looking, and you were not good on creating lies so you just said ‘okay’ to him—thinking it would just be short and not taking a long time.

“How about we go watch a movie after this? I heard there’s a good movie—umm—what’s the title… Ah! Kingsman! Yeah—that one!”

Groaning, you crossed your both arms. “I don’t care! And I’m not going to the cinema with you! Never!”

He jutted out his lower lips and you swore you almost squealed because he looked so cute—but that’s not the case right now. You saw him stirring his coffee with that little spoon slowly, with a disappointed face. “You should go with me, though… Because you owe me~”

He pointed at your bracelet’s bag on top of the table and you rolled your eyes. “Then let me just give you the money back!! Are you deaf? I’ve been telling you this more then tenth times…”

L put a sly smirk then played with his bangs. “Unfortunately, I don’t like a payback that way…”

“What’s with that sneaky look!?” This time, you were the one who pointing your finger at him.

L released a small laugh then bent his body forward. “Say, there’s nothing wrong if you go watch a movie with me, right? It’s not like I’m going to kidnap you or something…”

“I TOLD YOU I DON’T WANT TO!” You raised your voice and almost your temper.

Seeing your cute expression, L enjoyed teasing you more. “Aigoo~ do you have some kind of curfew like Cinderella? Then I can guarantee you will reach your home before 12AM~~”

“Excuse me?” You glared at him but the man in front of you just laughed.

“Why are you so cute, hm?” He said while sipping on his coffee.

“Can I go now?”

“Why? Is someone going to mad if you go with me?”

“N-no… But I just don’t want to go with a stranger.” You looked away from him then grabbed on your apple juice, drinking it down. How many times I need to say that so it would get through inside his thick skull?!?! Ughh! What a great day I have!

L’s smirk appeared again, “I told you we’re not really a stranger to each other, right? Should I tell you who am I?”

His words caught your attention, so you back looking at him. L clasped his both hands then put his chin on top of it, looking straight to your eyes with a soft stare.

“I am—”

Your somehow grew nervous with what he’s going to say and didn’t even blink.

 

 

 

 

 

“—your future boyfriend…”

 

 

 

 

 

Surprised by his words, you burst out your apple juice then coughed hard. Grabbing the tissue sheets, you quickly wiped your mouth.

WHAT THE HELL HE JUST SAID??!

And when you done, you finally realized that L was no longer clean because he got his hair and face wet with the apple juice you spat. Not to mention the nice shirt and jacket he wore also got some apple juice drop stains now. He got his eyes closed in surprise, and then he started to form a forced smile—which you know that was a sign of another bad thing will come.

“I-I’m sorry!!” You offered him a couple sheets of tissues and he accepted it, hastily wiped his handsome face and hair dry.

You could see his smile was a little bit bitter this time and then he said, “Don’t you think now you don’t have any choices but to go watch a movie with me, lady? Because now you owe me another one…”

You cursed yourself inside your head and looked at him with an apologetic expression. Nice… Now I found my ‘debt collector’…

Guilty piled up inside you and you felt somewhat responsible. With those stunning orbs staring at you, you don’t think you can say ‘no’ for now. Sighing heavily, you finally surrendered to him.

“O-okay… I agree with that…”

L’s face turned brightened and about to say something, when you cut him, “BUT—!”

“—Let me go after that…” You brought your pinky finger towards him and he linked his pinky finger to yours without hesitant. You saw him nodding like a little kid just got a lollipop from his mom and asked him to go now to not wasting more time.

But little did you know, L was actually cheering inside. Let’s just see what will happen next…


 

“HAHAHAHA! SO FUNNY—PFFT! HAHAHA!” L laughed loudly while hugging a big popcorn bowl, while you were just having a straight face and sighing for the multiple times.

… If I didn’t spit that apple juice to him, I might not sit in here right now… A movie like this is not my taste… what’s so interesting from a spy movie that really full of bull weapons and CGs?

“You want some?” He pushed the popcorn bowl to you and you just shook your head.

I just wish time could pass faster… And if I think about it again—

You turned your head to look at L. There’s no a single unattractive features from him and you swore he is the first man in you’ve ever seen that you could categorize as ‘top visual’.

—this is absolutely weird… Why a handsome man like him wants to spend time with me? I mean—he bought me the bracelet, asked me for a coffee time and now a ‘movie date’?! Is it real or just—

Ya… Are you listening?” L halted you from your short daydreaming and you blinked your eyes in surprise. “W-what?”

L sighed, “I asked if you were sick or not… Because you keep staring at me without even blinking…”

“O-oh… No, I’m fine.” You immediately focus on the big screen again then mentally cursed yourself. So stupid!

L raised an eyebrow then just let it off. He continued to watch the movie again and would laugh whenever funny scenes strike. Half an hour passed and you began to twiddle your fingers. You looked at the dark ceiling then thinking deeply.

Hmm… Let me think about this in a positive way… Why don’t I just accept this as a coincidence—or ‘lucky day’…? I mean—it’s true that he didn’t do anything bad to me, well maybe not yet, but he appears to be a good man… But then, the good point is his good look, and I really love his eyes and nose… And his eyebrows are so on point, then his lips look so cute too—HEY WAIT! WHAT AM I THINKING ABOUT!?

Your heart started to beat faster without any reason and it has become worse when L suddenly grabbed your hand—making you gasped.

“Hey, are you okay? You don’t like the movie?”

“N-no… I’m o-okay…” You pulled your hand away from him then tried to calm your heart.

“It’s boring for you, right?” L looked worried and you sighed at him. “Kind of…”

L turned silent for a while before he suddenly stood up, getting your attention. “What are you doing?!”

He stared at you then pull you up by force. “Let’s go…!”

W-wae…?!” You asked him while he dragging you out from the cinema. “Is something wrong?”

“Nothing’s wrong…” L answered shortly.

Once both of you were outside the cinema building, you decided to ask him again. “Ya! What’s wrong with you? You’re the one who asked me to go watch a movie. And what now?”

“Because I saw you didn’t enjoy it…” L said nonchalantly before he released your hand then put both of his hands to his jeans’ pockets.

“What did you say?” You gaped at him in confusion. I really don’t understand what he really wants from me… So freaking weird…

“What do you want to do now?” L smiled at you.

“Going home.” Crossing your arms, you just stated it clearly what you really want.

L nodded understandingly before he grabbed your arm, started dragging you again. “Okay! I will get you home! Where is it?”

Your eyes grew bigger the very next second then pulled him back. “WHAT!?”

“What what?” L blinked then furrowed his eyebrows, “You said you want to go home, so tell me where you live and I will take you home!”

“No! I’m not telling you where I’m living, you freak!!”

By the word ‘freak’, L felt quite taken aback as he became silent. You somehow felt guilty as you said it without thinking straight and the way L looked was showing that he was not happy with that name.

“I’m not a freak…” He softly said.

“O-okay… I will take my words back. You are just—umm—slightly weird…”

“You still don’t like me, huh?” He bit his lower lips and looked somewhat upset.

“I don’t think I can like you when you FORCE me all the time…” You rolled your eyes at him, “And why should I like you!?”

L chuckled then smirked. “I didn’t mean to force you…” He took a step closer at you and you moved backward a bit in reflex.

“I’m sorry, okay? I know that it’s not easy to make you like me. You don’t know about me, but I do promise you that I’m not going to hurt you.”

“Then what is it that you really want from me?!” You were getting frustrated and grew tired with him.

“I just want a ‘one day date’ with you…”

 

What?

 

“Excuse me?” You looked at him in disbelief, but L just keep smiling at you—showing no sign of lying or joking.

“Absolutely NO!” You screamed at him, “I don’t even know about you at all! And what the hell? You asked me to go on a ‘date’ with you!? I don’t want!!”

“I’m not a stranger! I’m your future boyfriend!”

Again, his words made you looked at him as if he had lost his mind. You started to think that you have to end this—you have to stop him.

“I’m going to call the police!” You pulled out your phone and threatened him.

But much to your surprise, L appeared to be calm and shrugged his shoulders instead, not really care with your threat.

“Sure~ just call them. Then don’t forget to tell them this, ‘hello sir, there’s a stranger that force me to go with him today, can you arrest him?’ and once they come I will say that you are actually my girlfriend that got angry because we fought over something today.” L bent his body forward, his face just inches away from yours. “Then the police will laugh at you or may charge you because you’ve been an annoying citizen…”

You grew speechless and just stared at him with mouth opened widely. A victory smirk appeared on L’s face, “How’s that sound, sweetie?”

WHY IS HE SO ANNOYING????!!

You closed your eyes then took a deep breath. Balling your hand into fist, you shouted at him—finally losing your temper. “SO WHAT DO YOU WANT!? I’M SO SICK OF YOU!”

“I just want to know more about you. That’s all.” L said in a serious tone. “Is that really too much to ask for? Is that really something wrong to do? Something illegal?”

“But this isn’t the way you need to do when you want to know more about a girl. It’s almost equal kidnapping…”

L grabbed your free hand then showed you a pleading look. “Then what is the right thing I should do? I’ve been asking about this to you, right?”

“No, you don’t.” You shook his head and exhaled deeply. “You asked me about what I want to do and not about what you should do…”

“Hey, look at me…” L touched your chin when you were trying to look away from him. “I know you might be afraid with me… but don’t. Let’s just think of this as a fate that God has planned for us…”

“Fate?” Scoffing, you laughed at yourself thinking what kind of crazy day you had been through today.

L noticed you were no longer angry, but your expression told him that you were anxious—thinking that he might be some kind of criminal in your eyes. L knew that you were about to give up to what he wanted to do to you—as he could see you were getting stress. And with that, L decided not to play around with you anymore and should reveal what actually happened.

 

 

“May I tell you the truth?”

 

 

Just like someone pouring cold water on you, you looked at him with both eyes wide opened. “For God’s sake!! We’ve been together for about three ing hours or more—I don’t care—and you just about to tell me the truth?!? WEIRDO!!”

L laughed at you and then you started to hit his shoulder countlessly. He uttered out ‘it hurts’ a few times—still while laughing—and you finally stopped when you felt it was your hand that stung.

“And now you are just laughing!? Geez!! Tell me the truth now or I’m going to scream and tell everyone that you are a ert that trying to me!”

“Okay okay~ I’m sorry.” He covered his mouth, trying to regain his calm. “Let’s find a quieter place to talk…”

“You are going to take me to another place, then act like a fool again, ended up telling me nothing and will ask me where I want to go next and then the cycles keep going on and on and so on…” You glared at him, “Sorry not sorry, but I’m not going to be tricked by you ever again…”

L put a cute expression then shook his head. “Whatever you think~~”

He started to drag you again and you squirmed—refusing to be taken along. “N-no! Hey—wait!! Don’t just drag me along with you! Ya! I’m not your pet!!”

“You are not my pet…” L giggled, “Because I’m not dragging you. I’m taking you, miss…”

“Taking me without my permission!? I will call this kidnapping and sue you at the court for real!!” You yelled

“Gosh, I really love your character… You are so cute…” L started to laugh again and this time, his words shut you up. Your face reddened and your heart beat faster once again.

“Shut up! And stop dragging me—ya! YA!!!”

 

 

to be continued.


 

Yo yo yo how are you guys? :D

What do you think? Is L a bad person? Or a good one?

Don't forget to send me your comments & do subscribe + upvote this story if you like it ^^

See you all in the next last chapter!

Love y'all <3

 

With love,

 

jesshime.